All Cigar Discussion>Dealing with Smoking Nazis
MajorCaptSilly 07:18 PM 10-25-2009
I sing this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

MCS
[Reply]
Starscream 08:41 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by smokin5:
If you can't mess with their heads, then you're not trying hard enough.:-)
I don't know why, but that statement reminded me of the Red Green Show.:-)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
[Reply]
hotreds 08:47 PM 10-25-2009
[Reply]
dox47 06:13 AM 10-26-2009
So, you'd all approve the use of my "SteamPunk SpecOps Rifle" on them?

:-)
[Reply]
Veritas 07:15 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
Or maybe a true Seattle classic, "I feel that you are discriminating against be based on hate, please take your hate elsewhere."
This is perfect for Seattle. :-)
[Reply]
RJK18 07:28 AM 10-26-2009
I like to smile and tell them that I like their opinion less than they like my smoke
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:40 AM 10-26-2009
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:43 AM 10-26-2009
Indy should have had a cigar in his mug on screen.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:44 AM 10-26-2009
[Reply]
borndead1 07:58 AM 10-26-2009
If it's a woman doing the complaining, tell her that the smell of her perfume bothers you, and that you will gladly extinguish your cigar if she will go wash off her perfume.
[Reply]
The EVP 08:08 AM 10-26-2009
I try to be polite, but still stand my ground. If I am in a place that allows smoking and was there frist, I will kindly remind them of that. If they continue with their foolishness, I will kindly insert my foot in their ass. If they are rude when the approach me, I skip step 1.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:37 AM 10-26-2009
maybe this is the way to get even with them and freak them out.

[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:53 AM 10-26-2009
We live in different times now.

Paying attention to wind direction and adjusting accordingly if possible is something I always pay attention to when smoking in a public place.

If folks harrass on principle .... because they are smoking nazi's there are a variety of one liners which may come in handy:

When I get the "chuffs" from women who choose to sit in smoking sections then make the rest of us feel bad..... just smile at them and ask... "Don't you love the smell of a good cigar?" Usually throws them for a loop.

Or

Hey I'm sorry, would you like a hit? My little dog chuffs like that when I'm not sharing the goodies and figured you were jones'n for some of my stick.

or

If they persist offer to let them buy the remainder of your cigar and you will put it out. Then you really find out how strong their principles are. Did it once with a 1492. :-)

or

For the truly rude: Hey.. I didn't walk all the way over to you and interrupt your relaxation did I? Sumtin like... sorry mam don't mean to be crass, but you must be leaving town if your packing that much a$$..... and I was wondering. is your old trailer still for rent?
[Reply]
Dux 09:15 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I sing this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

MCS
:-)
[Reply]
ade06 09:18 AM 10-26-2009
While walking down the streets, sometimes people will pretend to choke or cough. If they continue, I've turned to them and offered them cough drops or recommended that they go to the doctor for their cough.
[Reply]
roughrider 04:14 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
While walking down the streets, sometimes people will pretend to choke or cough. If they continue, I've turned to them and offered them cough drops or recommended that they go to the doctor for their cough.
Haha. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:23 PM 10-26-2009
When someone mentions my cigar smoke to me, I have two stock responses:

If they say "That smells good" I reply "Want one?"

If they say "That stinks" I reply "So do your manners."

This seems to work.

On a further note, you get the health nuts that say "Don't you know that's bad for your health?" To them I say "Sticking your nose in someone else's business is also." That normally shuts their yaps, quick.
[Reply]
dox47 09:50 PM 10-26-2009
I say we give them a new no smoking symbol to more accurately reflect their attitudes and beliefs:

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up