Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Padron Family Reseve
mclaus2 04:32 PM 09-29-2009
I just picked up a #45 murduro the other day, the shop had few more but it's a little spendy at $26 a pop. I'm told that it's one of the front runners for the cigar of the year.

I haven't decided if I want to smoke this one or let it age. Has anyone else had a chance to smoke one of these? I hear they are hard to come by.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:41 PM 09-29-2009
I have heard they are very underwhelming and not nearly worth the price tag. As is similar with the 40th and 80th :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 04:42 PM 09-29-2009
Originally Posted by mclaus2:
I'm told that it's one of the front runners for the cigar of the year.
According to...?
[Reply]
mclaus2 06:17 PM 09-29-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
According to...?
Just from my local Tobacconist. However, if chippewastud79 is correct and they are "underwhelming" then maybe he was just trying to move product.

I'm suffering from a cold right now, but I think I'll lite this thing up once I'm back to full health.
[Reply]
Slavac 06:20 PM 09-29-2009
I think they're brilliant. YMMV.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:22 PM 09-29-2009
It is a well-hyped Padron product, so it will end up on the Top 10 cigar list at Cigar Aficianado without a doubt, regardless of truth.
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:25 PM 09-29-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
It is a well-hyped Padron product, so it will end up on the Top 10 cigar list at Cigar Aficianado without a doubt, regardless of truth.
That seems to be CA's MO. Gotta pay the bills I guess.
[Reply]
Starz26 07:10 PM 09-29-2009
It has already scored a 94 on cigar insider.

www.smokingstogie.com has a great review of it.
[Reply]
Scottw 07:34 PM 09-29-2009
Wouldn't expect much else from Padron. The cigars are great but overpriced. Great marketng and connections with cigar media though. I'll try one.
[Reply]
heavyd 08:03 PM 09-29-2009
I have not tried one of these yet, but my experience with the expensive Padron offerings, ie. 80th, 40th, Padron Legacy, etc... is that they are overpriced. There is just not that much difference between the regular 64 and 26 and the "special" cigars, IMO.

When you smoke the 45, please write a review :-)
[Reply]
cigarlvr 08:10 PM 09-29-2009
I would burn it now. The few 40th and 80th time didnt do it justice. They are better right away. Give it some time and you will loose that great Padron flavor
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:24 PM 09-29-2009
Get over the cold and smoke away!

As has been said a few times, Padrons can be very good after a few years, just depends on what you like, but I would def recommend smoking within a couple years.
[Reply]
floydpink 08:36 PM 09-29-2009
Aside from the Londres and the thousand series, I find no Padrons worth the pricetag anymore.

Then again, sales have sucked this year and my budget is reflecting that.
[Reply]
El Fumador 08:54 PM 09-29-2009
I'm not a fan of any of the padron natural wraps, I like the maduro's 64's are worth 10bucks a stick. The 26's are not worth the money not much difference at all, if anything I find them harder to pull. The 40th anniversary were way over rated, but I must say the 80th anniversary maduro was fantastic. It was a very mature cigar, i thought they hit the blend just right. Now is it worth 30 bucks a stick, no way maybe 20. So the 45 maduro would be interesting, i'm sure there over priced but might be really good, they are hard to come by. One thing i'm sure of is that this cigar is probably more worthy of cigar of the year, compared to last year's cigar of the year. That 5 dollar dog terd, The CASA Magna. Now for a 5 dollar cigar it's okay, but to even be mentioned with the cigar's of the year, and for that to be put no.1 was absurd. Make's me really question how that decision go's down.
[Reply]
mclaus2 09:48 AM 09-30-2009
Thanks everyone. Reading through this thread I've just come to realize that every Padron that I've enjoyed smoking never sat in my humidor for a long period of time. The ones that aged year or two of age either made me sick or left me very disappointed (for the price).

I will also note that anything over $15 I really start wonder about the value. It's seem to be my personal price point when I expect a cigar to knock my socks off.

I've decided that once I've kicked this head cold, I'm putting a flame to this cigar. Should I report back here or is there another area I should post my experience?

WARNING: SHAMELESS PLUG :-)
---------------------------------------
As on of the co-founders of Free Cigar Ratings, I will be putting my review up our site. But I will also share my finding with the new friends that I've found here.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:59 AM 09-30-2009
I would put it here and I look forward to your review!
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 11:15 AM 09-30-2009
Stogie Review did an article on this cigar and said it was one of the best cigars they have smoked.
I trust them over CigarAfic. anyday!
[Reply]
JJG 11:39 AM 09-30-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
The cigars are great but overpriced.
agreed, I'm sure this is a great cigar, but for $25, consumer's expectations are going to be sky high. It seems like by charging this much for a cigar, Padron is setting people up for disappointment.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:48 PM 09-30-2009
Haven't had one of these yet but will soon.

I guess since tastes vary so much, not surprised some did not like the 40th or 80th. For me, the many of both I have had have never let me down. Just smoked some 40th with dad last week that I had been sitting on for about 6 months. No way was I let down.

However, for $25 bucks, I prefer the 40th over the $30 80th.
Pricey? Sure. So is a BMW but decided to get one of those too.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:57 PM 09-30-2009
Thanks to this thread, called my old acquaintances at Padron.
They cannot keep this cigar in stock since having introduced it at the show.
They are trickling in a couple of boxes here and there and leave the moment they come in.
They come in boxes of 10.
Was told I may get lucky in the next week or two and have one dropped shipped to me.
Will cross my fingers and wait patiently.
I will always cherish my account with them and a member since 1992.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up