Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Pumpkin Ales
Mr.Maduro 06:58 AM 11-14-2009
Picked up Brooklyn Brewery's Post Road Pumpkin Ale last night....really good stuff. I love the fifnish on this beer...I will definately be getting more!

[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:56 AM 11-14-2009
The pumking this year didn't taste good to me. I've only had last year's and this year, but I liked it last year (not enough to drink a whole bottle), but this year's was two hot as far as the alcohol taste.

Has anyone tried Clipper City's imperial pumpkin? I have a bottle I haven't tried yet. Maybe tonight?
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:14 PM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
The pumking this year didn't taste good to me. I've only had last year's and this year, but I liked it last year (not enough to drink a whole bottle), but this year's was two hot as far as the alcohol taste.
Interesting you say that. I bought 3 bombers thinking I'd love the stuff. The first glass out of the bomber was good, but the second one, like you say, seemed hot and alcohol-y. I'm saving the other two bombers to serve to friends at Thanksgiving. I figure if everyone has a short glass, they will enjoy it without dealing with the heavy alcohol later.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:48 PM 11-14-2009
It's small batch, and I doubt they make only one fermenter's worth. Maybe a batch or two were off a bit. Admittedly, I had a few before trying it last year, so my ability to recognize any alcohol taste may have been disabled. This year I had it stone sober and just didn't care for it. Maybe had I tried a different bottle it would have tasted better. Could have also been how the bottle had been handled/stored, but I doubt it.

On the other hand, DFH Punkin was delicious this year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up