Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Hey Beer Guys, Recommend Some Stouts to Me
Wanger 10:53 AM 12-06-2009
mmmmmmmmmm...Left Hand!!!!

Where did you pick those up, Warren? I see a few I might like to try. :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:55 AM 12-06-2009
I got them at Princeton's Liquors on Bass Lake Road, about 1/4 mile East of 494, in Maple Grove. Bill (the owner) is a beer nerd, and has a TON of different kinds of beers.
[Reply]
gohstsmoke215 12:34 PM 12-06-2009
Oatmeal Sout- Breckenridge Brewing Company
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:41 AM 12-18-2009
Duck-Rabbit Brewery (wtf kind of name is that for a brewery, anyway?) is located in Farmville, NC. They've been around for 5 or 6 years, and only have regional distribution. Looks like they only brew darker beers--amber & brown ales, porter, and stout.

I had one of their stouts a few days ago, and it was surprisingly good. Nice sweetness balancing the chocolatey/roasty/earthy flavors. Give it a try if you can get some:

[Reply]
kenstogie 08:38 AM 12-18-2009
I have tried many of the beers listed and love many (esp Brooklyn Blk Choc Stout and Shakespear Stout)

Then I started to brew my own beer. Just a thought (brew your own that is) and there's nothing wrong with buying beer especially the good beer here but there are many different flavors and levels of freshness when brewing your own.

Like "Beeradvocate" aka Travis says....
"Beer is like prn. You can buy it, but it's more fun to make your own! "
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:34 AM 12-18-2009
Thanks for the quote ken.
I like to find a beer that I like, then try to clone it, so I can have 5 gallons of it on tap at my house!!!
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, here I come!!!!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:45 AM 12-18-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Thanks for the quote ken.
I like to find a beer that I like, then try to clone it, so I can have 5 gallons of it on tap at my house!!!
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, here I come!!!!
Yep :-) And fortunately, most clone recipes are pretty easy to come by. Well, at least much easier than when I first got into homebrewing (where's that dang old man smiley....?)
[Reply]
kenstogie 11:22 AM 12-18-2009
The more I brew the more I find it hard to buy beer. I have pretty much resigned to making what I drink. Anyone ever consider trading homebrews?
[Reply]
kcmontie 11:28 AM 12-18-2009
Obsidian Stout or any thing from Deschutes Brewery
[Reply]
Commander Quan 12:56 PM 12-18-2009
While the Brewery doesn't call it a stout, I'm going to say that Rogue Mocha Porter should be on this list because it's damn close, and it's damn good. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 01:00 PM 12-18-2009
not sure if u can get it, but if you can, its amazing. Local brewery here makes a stir stick stout, check the description
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up