Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Question for people in constant high heat weather.
smitty81 06:59 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
There is no place in the world with 80-90degree temps year long. They may have average daily high temperatures this high but it does cool off at night.
I assume you are asking with reference to beetles? Beetles need sustained high temperatures to hatch, most places cool off at night so even though it might get warm during the day the night time cooling will often go below the critical point.

Many of us(including myself) use wine coolers to keep temperatures lower. But I no longer plug in my wine coolers, I found it much easier to freeze all my boxes for 3-4 days before putting them in a cooler.
What I mean by a constant high is no actual cold winder with snow and really low temperatures like we have here in nebraska. Sorry, should have worded it different.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:00 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am curious why you are asking then...are you writing a book? :-)
When I pick up a new hobby, I try to learn all I can. Rather it be firearms, hunting, fishing, sports, brewing.......

I am relativly new to cigars and I am just trying to learn and understand different things.

I apologize if I am wasting your time, I would PM someone but I don't really know anyone that well here yet.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:02 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
When I pick up a new hobby, I try to learn all I can. Rather it be firearms, hunting, fishing, sports, brewing.......

I am relativly new to cigars and I am just trying to learn and understand different things.
More reading, less random posting and thread starting. You are spending too much time being over ambitious, spend some time learning. :-)
[Reply]
smitty81 07:05 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
More reading, less random posting and thread starting. You are spending too much time being over ambitious, spend some time learning. :-)
Thats what I am trying to do. You gotta ask questions to learn don't you?

Is there a Cigar Bible with all the knowledge in it I can read?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:15 PM 02-28-2012

Use the search tool.
[Reply]
oooo35980 07:17 PM 02-28-2012
I live in Hawaii, keep my humidor indoors and not in direct sunlight, temp stays around 70. Are you asking how to keep something cool when it's hot outside? Or how best to keep cigars cool when your AC isn't working? Or how to keep the temp constant? Or just want to know how people store their cigars?

Maybe your question just isn't specific enough?
[Reply]
smitty81 07:19 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Use the search tool.
I did............didn't find much.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:19 PM 02-28-2012
Use the search tool.
Or just browse. Think of this place as a library of sorts.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:21 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Exactly:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:24 PM 02-28-2012
Exactly:-)
I'll take Beer, Wine and Spirits for $200, Alex. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:29 PM 02-28-2012
I'll take Beer, Wine and Spirits for $200, Alex. :-)
:-):-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8Qqu_WBIc
[Reply]
markem 07:38 PM 02-28-2012

Jon Caputo is writing the definitive guide. Until then, one can only run over to puff.com and learn all his wisdom firsthand.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:44 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
Jon Caputo is writing the definitive guide. Until then, one can only run over to puff.com and learn all his wisdom firsthand.
I thought his name was banned over here?:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:45 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
Jon Craputo is writing the definitive guide. Until then, one can only run over to puff.com and learn all his wisdom firsthand.
I thought his name was banned over here?:-)
fixed
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:46 PM 02-28-2012
fixed
I figured we had a glitch in the system Peter. Looks to be ok now:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:30 PM 02-28-2012

Use the search tool.
I did............didn't find much.
People learn differently and some people will naturally dig around to find some and some don't or won't.

It is more work to go digging and searching, but it is more rewarding in the long run.

It's fine to ask questions, but i want to ask you something: do you have kids or have you ever seen kids ask too many questions and the rest of the family or parents get a little tired of being bombarded all at once?

Don't make that mistake here. Ask your questions, but maybe pace them out a bit. Also, take the time to make sure that your posts are articulate.

Smitty81, I am not trying to pick on you -- just offering some advice that you can accept or ignore. Your choice.

:-)
[Reply]
smitty81 08:39 PM 02-28-2012
Ok, I get it. I'm being annoying with my questions. Sorry, just trying to learn a little.

I will just leave it at that.

Later.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:45 PM 02-28-2012
There are many websites including this one that have a library of information.
If you are trying to learn all you can type cigar 101 into google and there you have it. All the information you need to learn all of the basics.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:18 PM 02-28-2012
Hey Josh, living in Phoenix has me contemplating a strategy for keeping my cigars cooler in the summer months as well. I think for me I plan to get some big reusable freezer block things to rotate in my Coleman every week or so because my house never drops below 78. This coupled with freezing will hopefully prevent any beetle issues. Eventually I want to get a wine cooler.

As for the 20 questions, I can relate. I tend to ask first search later as well. I just try to keep it in check and be as humble as possible when I do it. Personally I haven't had much luck using the search feature, but it's probably user error.

Also for me I think it has a lot to do with the social aspect of opening a dialog with people. I like the interaction. Again though, it can lead to frustration for others when they feel like they are answering the same questions over and over. Even though these topics are new and exciting to you and I, it's old hat to the veterans of the forum. Michael gave some good advice about limiting it.

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that I can relate.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:19 PM 02-28-2012
http://www.google.com/#q=keeping+hum...w=1024&bih=685
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up