Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidor help
TJarv 06:23 PM 03-18-2012
Ive been looking for a nice humidor, but am having trouble picking one. I want it to be able to hold 150 or more cigars. Any suggestions from the pros?

This is a link to one that i found that i liked http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_imper...-DIS6-IMP.html
[Reply]
Hem 06:30 PM 03-18-2012
I'd stay away from anything that angles your cigars down and puts pressure on the foot like that..just my opinion. Cheaphumidors and Tampa Humidors both carry pretty good stuff, sometimes you can find them cheaper on Cigarbid.com though. Most humidor "count numbers" are usually a bit off and hold less than they claim. Good luck! Treasure Dome's and Havana Footlockers seem to be well reviewed. If you are looking for a great custom piece, get a hold of Waxing Moon here. He makes amazing custom pieces. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:55 PM 03-18-2012
I would also avoid any humidor with glass as these always have seal issues. If you want glass you should get a custom humidor where you know that the glass is sealed well to the wood.
[Reply]
TJarv 07:04 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I would also avoid any humidor with glass as these always have seal issues. If you want glass you should get a custom humidor where you know that the glass is sealed well to the wood.
What should i expect to pay for a custom that could hold that amount of sticks?
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:31 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
What should i expect to pay for a custom that could hold that amount of sticks?
Anywhere from $300-$1,200. Depends upon a lot of things: the wood, the intricacy of any designs in the wood, etc.

There are several custom humidor manufacterers on CA you can search the threads for Aristocrat, Waxing Moon and Humidor Minister (among many others) to find more information.
[Reply]
TJarv 09:27 PM 03-18-2012
I bought the treasure dome and a little 20 stick humidor for my acid cigars.

Now I just have to sit and wait on the post man
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:56 PM 03-18-2012
Now would be a good time to start reading up on how to season your humidor.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 10:06 PM 03-18-2012
And making a bead purchase.... HCM beads are great stuff.
[Reply]
TJarv 10:35 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Now would be a good time to start reading up on how to season your humidor.
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
And making a bead purchase.... HCM beads are great stuff.
I think I'm going to head over to the local cigar shop and get some pointers on how to get rolling
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:43 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
I think I'm going to head over to the local cigar shop and get some pointers on how to get rolling
There is also A LOT of information here -- search is your friend and so are all the "sticky" threads at the top of each forum.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 11:40 PM 03-18-2012
Also the guys here are more likely to have better more accurate information than many local shops. I don't know where you are or what kind of knowledge your local has. I do know the guys here though and they really know how to take care of their sticks and are not trying to sell you anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pnoon 06:38 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Also the guys here are more likely to have better more accurate information than many local shops. I don't know where you are or what kind of knowledge your local has. I do know the guys here though and they really know how to take care of their sticks and are not trying to sell you anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sound advice right there.

Just don't take every post at face value. Some folks here post everything they read on the internet as fact - without prior experience or knowledge to back it up.
[Reply]
Up