Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>storing accessories in travel humidor
RonC 07:11 PM 02-18-2012
whats your opinion on storing accessories in your travel humidor?

Obviously, a 5 or ten cigar would be too small, so lets talk about a larger 18 cigar travel humidor.

would you want a separate tray in the bottom that would hold a cutter, lighter, maybe a cigar stand? you would have to give up a tray, so your 18 would turn into a 12 stick humidor.

or would you rather see the lid foam with a couple of cutouts? you could press fit a Palio and a thin lighter into the lid foam with no harm done too your cigars.

any opinions, good or bad, would be helpful

Thanks, Ron
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 07:18 PM 02-18-2012
Hm. I'd rather not sacrifice the space by losing a tray. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:20 PM 02-18-2012
Like the idea of the foam cut out. :-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:23 PM 02-18-2012
Lighter and cutter in my pocket, as many smokes as I can fit in the humidor.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 07:26 PM 02-18-2012
Now i have a question why wouldn't you just put them in a different box or something. You could have your cutter, your lighter and your travel humidor in a bag like maybe a hygiene kit or something like that. I travel a lot and i would rather have cigars in those slots then tools. I use a backpack that has a compartment for both my travel and my tools.

This is just my two cents.....
[Reply]
jluck 07:53 PM 02-18-2012
I keep my cutter (cheapo plastic) in my herfador, It slides down one end taking almost no space at all. I don't put my lighter in there as I have a fear of it leaking after picking up my turbo lighter once and heard it leaking.
This may not be a real concern but something I have chosen to omit.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:56 PM 02-18-2012
Maybe a snap compartment ontop of the travelers? At least on the larger 30, 40 and 50 counts. That would be cool. Wouldn't add much to it to fit a can of butane, lighter and cutters.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:58 PM 02-18-2012
I like the idea of using space in the lid :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 08:04 PM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
I have started doing this so I can store more sticks.

Originally Posted by Bill86:
Maybe a snap compartment ontop of the travelers? At least on the larger 30, 40 and 50 counts. That would be cool. Wouldn't add much to it to fit a can of butane, lighter and cutters.
This is a great idea! :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 09:16 PM 02-18-2012
I also agree with this idea :-)

Reason being, a foam cut out on the inside of the lid may not be secure enough to hold a cutter if the travel humi is dropped or banged against something (not sayin that would ever happen :-)). If the lighter or cutter slips out and hits a couple stogies you could have an issue with cracking. Therefore an outside snap compartment would be better, just my :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:55 PM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
:-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 11:03 PM 02-18-2012
Most of my smokes are shorter than the herf a dor, so a cutter, lighter, hygrometer, boveda pack and nub tool all fit nicely on the side of the thing. It is always in my car and finds its way on to the ice at regular intervals so I like to have everything I need packed inside. I haven't had an issue yet with sticks getting nicked up by the extra stuff in there.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 11:39 PM 02-18-2012
A 5 count is NOT obviously too small for a Palio.
My 3 short smokes mini-Caddy plus Palio.
[Reply]
Fia 02:44 AM 02-19-2012
I like the idea of the cut outs in the lid. Just gave me a good idea!!! :-) In the mean time, thats why I like to wear cargo shorts to herfs!!!
[Reply]
NeuRon 05:18 AM 02-21-2012
i actually tried to make a tray for my 10 cigar caddy by using some old foam... didnt come out too great.. but it would be fabulous if there was an option for a lighter and cutter foam tray.. id be in for a few for sure
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:05 AM 02-21-2012
I worry that the cut outs would be to specific for a certain cutter and lighter.
I currently just throw my lighter and cutter in my travel humi if there is room, or my pocket if I have no room left.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 06:44 PM 02-21-2012
I have put my cutter and lighter in mine, but only when I've had room to spare, else they go in my pockets.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:56 AM 02-22-2012
Cutter in lighter in pocket if I packed the 10ct travel. If I am going just for a night, I will put them inside.

I would like a cut in the foam, but afraid not all cutter/lighters would fit.
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:54 AM 02-22-2012
I like that idea of a seperate compartment that attaches to the herf-a-dor for the lighter & cutter.
[Reply]
Up