Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 304 of 334
« First < 204254294302303304 305306314 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II
Chainsaw13 05:57 PM 03-20-2020
So jelly. I improvised and used some resistance bands in the basement. No longer need them to tie up people. (Can’t waste the TP). :-)

4x12 circuit, minimal rest
Band curls, overhead extensions, tri pushdowns
Push-ups
Squats
Reverse lunges

I’ll adapt new exercises to keep things interesting and work more parts. Also more running/walking. Got an hour walk in this morning while it was still warm.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:11 PM 03-21-2020
Good for you, Bob.

Last "permitted" day at the gym today, I played around with shoulders and arms, getting used to some of the equipment and trying to bust out the reps. More limited in what I can do at my regular gym, but I am just grateful to have anything at all.

4 guys in the gym today. All practicing social distancing, and wiping down bars, plates and everything each exercise.

Next time I go will be to buy a banana. If some weights get picked up and set down in the process, so be it.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:14 PM 03-23-2020
Back day.

I was the only one in the gym, as it is closed to members and just being used by a couple of the owner's buddies privately. Disinfected equipment before and after I used it, opened doors and other things with paper towels that I immediately disposed of. Hopefully that was more than safe enough.

The new bars, benches, etc make it interesting as I feel like I hit back just a little differently than I do at my place. I think 4-6 weeks of this might be a really good thing?

Super wide pulldowns (neutral grip) x 5 sets
High pulls x 5 sets
Olympic bar rows x 5 sets
Pullups x 2 sets
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:26 PM 03-23-2020
I think you’ll be ok, Tom. Good job doing before, especially. You never know how well it was done after the last use. And I hear ya about doing the same exercises on different equipment. Did a full back workout with bands today. Feeling it, but differently.

Deadlifts
Medium grip pulldowns
Seated rows
One arm rows
Straight arm pulldowns
Band pull aparts
Shrugs

Adapted as well as I could with the different weight bands I have.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:27 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I think you’ll be ok, Tom. Good job doing before, especially. You never know how well it was done after the last use. And I hear ya about doing the same exercises on different equipment. Did a full back workout with bands today. Feeling it, but differently.

Deadlifts
Medium grip pulldowns
Seated rows
One arm rows
Straight arm pulldowns
Band pull aparts
Shrugs

Adapted as well as I could with the different weight bands I have.
Keep it going, Bob. Hopefully we will be back in our gyms sooner than later.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:35 PM 03-24-2020
Leg day. Found a video online for using bands. Only 4 moves, but damn I’m sweaty and tired.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:53 AM 03-25-2020
Way to adapt, Bob. :-)

Chest yesterday. 4 other guys at the gym, most "crowded" it's been. Plenty of room to stay out of each others' way.

Bench press x 6 sets
Inclines x 4 sets
Declines x 4 sets
Skullcrushers x 4 sets
Tri pushdowns x 4 sets
Dead hangs

Leg day at Noon. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:53 PM 03-26-2020
Gym was empty yesterday. Today there were 7 of us including the owner. Everybody keeping space, everybody disinfecting all the bars and grips.

Yesterday Legs:

Squats x 6 sets
Stiff legged deadlifts x 4 sets
Leg press x 6 sets
Hammy curls x 4 sets
Extensions x 4 sets

Back & Bis Today:

T-bar rows x 6 sets
Super wide pulldowns x 4 sets
Cable rows x 4 sets
Cambered bar curls x 4 sets
Dumbbell curls x 4 sets
[Reply]
icehog3 01:37 PM 03-27-2020
Chest day. Limited on what I would use because of social distancing. Only 2 peeps in the gym when I got there, but 5 of us by the end.

Incline press x 8 sets
Bench press x 5 sets
30* incline x 1 set
Dips (varied widths) x 6 sets
Dead hangs
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:01 PM 03-27-2020
I’m living vicariously through you Tom. Haven’t done much the last few days. Chest cold has kept me down. I’ll be back soon.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:26 PM 03-28-2020
Take care of yourself, Bob, hopefully your cold and this pandemic are over sooner than later and we can get back to "normal".
[Reply]
icehog3 01:50 PM 03-30-2020
Back day. 20 something female leaving as I was entering (phrasing), and I had the gym to myself the whole workout. Starting to realize how much more limited I am at this gym, but there are some benefits to going really old school for a few weeks or months (hopefully weeks).

Barbell rows x 6 sets
T-bar rows x 5 sets
High pulls x 4 sets
Wide pulldowns x 3 sets
Dead hangs on rings. I like how it allows my bad and good shoulder to both stretch at the right angle.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:08 AM 04-01-2020
Chest yesterday, pretty short and intense. Feeling a bit more limited by the equipment, but feeling blessed to be able to train safely in this time.

Incline bench x 6 sets
Dips x 10 sets
Vertical bench x 3 sets

Leg day today.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:32 PM 04-01-2020
Leg press x 8 sets
Reverse leg curls x 4 sets
Lunges x 4 sets
Extensions x 4 sets
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:28 PM 04-01-2020
Way to go Tom. :-)

ICW

Band pushups/low fly supersets 4x12
Band floor press/tri kickback supersets 4x12
Band crossovers/overhead tri extensions 4x12
Alternating arm flyes 3x12
[Reply]
icehog3 10:33 AM 04-02-2020
Is the bands/bodyweight workouts helping your healing at all, Bob?

Heading in for back and bis shortly.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:44 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Is the bands/bodyweight workouts helping your healing at all, Bob?

Heading in for back and bis shortly.
Nope. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:53 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Nope. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:53 PM 04-02-2020
Back/bi day. Did a circuit, with barely any rest in between exercises or sets.

Shrugs
Rows
Lat pulldowns
Hammer curls
Band pull aparts

1 warmup set, followed by 4 working sets. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:48 AM 04-03-2020
Not sure about all y'all gym's, but they are closed in my locale for some time. My trainer sent out some work from home routines to her clients.

I have been doing 1 minutes planks as a minimum exercise throughout the day. Hard to say you don't have time for 1 minute. Doing 2-5 of them a day has really made a difference! Very impressed how much so actually.

I'm also doing sets of 25 perfect push-up's. One thing I noticed is the pace of doing push-up's affects how many push-up's I can do. Do them at a slower yoga flow pace and 25 is darn near impossible. Do them as quick as proper form can be maintained and then like 30 is not so hard.

I realized I was doing them on the slow side as hitting 25 seemed like a bigger deal than my military friends who are like 40+ are no problem. Now I see how they are doing that many!
[Reply]
Page 304 of 334
« First < 204254294302303304 305306314 > Last »
Up