Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>The Slope...
karmaz00 10:47 AM 01-06-2009
about 5 years ago my first trip to cuba.....be downhill ever since
[Reply]
shilala 01:50 PM 01-06-2009
Probably dball. Dan sent me some goofy stuff last year that I'd have never smoked in a gazillion years and I liked a couple of the cigars so much that I thought "Man, there's gotta be lots of really good stuff out there."
From there, ZOOOOOOM!!!
[Reply]
Snake Hips 02:00 PM 01-06-2009
Some old member from CS named Pete gave me this beastly deal on a sh**load of cigars, and I can't thank him enough, because in the package was about one of the best cigars in my life (AUG06 Romeo y Julieta Churchill T/A). Then I was hopeless.

Then later on came Kevin (audio1der) who sent me a package of various Cubans for a "taster" of sorts and gave me my first sources, then I was really hosed.

Those two fellas were the chauffers of my downfall.
[Reply]
DBall 03:17 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
Justinphilly launched me down the slope headlong... it was crazy, really.
I should amend this. Justinphilly threw me mercilessly down the dark side slope... the regular slope though was all Rick (Hurricane6). He's a hell of a guy, too.
[Reply]
Made in Dade 04:15 PM 01-06-2009
My grandfather introduced me to Padron cigars. As far as CC Blueface, ATLHARP, and Ron1YY led me down the dangerous path.
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:13 PM 01-06-2009
Grandfather introduced me to NC's...bought my first box as soon as I turned 18

The Dakotan, Jeff really introduced me and got me started on the CC side
[Reply]
groogs 07:27 PM 01-06-2009
Nobody pushed me down the NC slope. I though cigars would be something different to try and I started sampling different sticks. Bobarian was the man who pushed me down the CC slope. He gave me my first CC at my first herf at Ratters house and he has been shoving me ever since. I owe Bob big time for showing me the way to the Dark Side.
[Reply]
BHowe 10:33 PM 01-06-2009
So I don't think I've really started slipping to bad yet. It all started with a couple buddies that just smoked em while around me in some of our racing activities. Was a little interested and walked into a B&M. Been buying and trying NC's like crazy since.

SteveDMatt, hooked me up when I asked for someone to build a sampler for me. He went way above and beyond and included a couple dark side sticks that I'm looking forward to trying.

Taboo, has also helped me start to slide with all of their great deals and most recently their free sampler.

I've managed to fly under the radar for awhile...............
[Reply]
Agent11br 02:01 PM 01-07-2009
My dad and the Macanudos he'd bring when he visited me in college got me kick started. Everything just started to get slippery from there on.

KidRock is the one though that has started me down the REAL slippery slope of the goodies from the Island :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:01 PM 09-11-2010
So I'm smoking a CAO MX2 right now and I think it is one of the worst cigars I have ever had. Very mild and what taste I do have is that of burnt paper and maybe a little sweet wood. The problem is 5 years ago I dreamed of having a box of them, and 4 years ago I finally got one. I loved this cigar so much that I would only smoke them for a semi special occasion (when I could really devote attention to it) Flash foward to today. Well Im on shore duty after 9 straight years out to sea and have recently in the last year started to treat myself to preimum cigars, Tat's, Padron aniv, DPG'S, Illusiones ect. In the past I thought it was all just BS and some of you guys were buying into the hype of a 10$ + cigar. Well look at me now either my palate has devolved into more or because of these other smokes I no longer find my MX2's, Peromodo's, Don Lino Africas, Cusanos ect's worth smoking any more. What the hell happened? I felt I was getting ripped off if I spent more than 100$ on a box of 25 and now I am getting Liga's in the mail. On top of that my coolidors don't cut it anymore so Im moving up to a large cabinet. Yes, what a slippery slope it is
[Reply]
bigdix 11:56 PM 09-11-2010
Had my first cigar about 4 years ago, thanks to a good buddy of mine....then I just sort of "occasionally" smoked b/c I didn't really know anyone else who did. Then bigliver and I rolled into a B&M in Omaha and I smoked a few on his reccomendation, and picked up the one that got me started....a VSG. I guess from there I just realized I can enjoy a cigar all by my lonesome, anytime, anywere. But the slope?? I guess I blame all of YOU! I did the CC thing to myself, though, that was all me. :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:03 AM 09-12-2010
As you can tell from some of my recent sales, i've fallen over
and died a couple of times when it comes to NC's... that started
that fateful day of 5/31/09 when my friend (who only smokes CCs
btw) gave a strong Nicaraguan Puro... Me with my OCD, i started
buying a bunch of bull from CI not knowing anybetter and last fall
started tinkering around the forums... Well last Nov or Dec i joined
here and starting honing my sights on Premium NC's.... and that was
all she wrote! I'm a roving maniac when it comes to cigars...

Now CC's on the other hand, thats a slope that I have yet to fall down,
but i've really reached a point of "consternation" because I have serious
issues with the "affordability" of what seems like great "fresh" isoms
(price and reputation wise") and the flux of all of these high priced
NC's and NC LE's that come out all the damn time! I guess i've been
a little scared to become a renegade in one sense, but the reality
im getting closer and closer but first i have to figure out what i like.

I've been gifted some CC's by some gracious brothers and even
traded for a handful.. but i have yet to start sliding... Maybe
after i figure out what i like, and learn some of the reliable sources i will...

and i'll start just buying 5ers of the LE NC's like a handful of you "Habanophile's" Do!:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up