Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Mystery Cigar
hammondc 08:26 AM 09-12-2010
Found this one in the bottom of the humidor. It is about a 60rg in the middle. About 6" long. Feels almost like a Ligero wrapper, but it did not seem to have the strength (or tooth) of Ligero. No idea what it is. I couldn't find a loose band anywhere either. Any ideas? It was a really good smoke.

[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:36 AM 09-12-2010
my first thought was a Reposado 96, but they are longer and look a tad different, so that's not it.
[Reply]
whodeeni 08:50 AM 09-12-2010
That's not a reposado because it's closed on both ends...
Reposado's have a funny shape to them. Especially on the end.

Great looking stick though.. I'd like to smoke one.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:52 AM 09-12-2010
Nope. It is not a reposado, because those come with no band. I have never bought (or been gifted) any with no band. My first thought was Gurkha Centurion, but the color is different and the end were a lot more tapered.
[Reply]
Pilon 08:57 AM 09-12-2010
matasa?
[Reply]
hammondc 08:59 AM 09-12-2010
I was thinking maybe Matasa because I had some of those, but the shape is off.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:07 AM 09-12-2010
That's why I never smoke it if I don't know what it is. I'd rather miss the best smoke I ever had than go crazy trying to figure out what it was!
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:09 AM 09-12-2010
Come to think about it it probably is a Centurion. I know
on CI's site, i've noticed some of them being "extremely"
dark in the pictures.... *jmo* though....
[Reply]
hammondc 09:12 AM 09-12-2010
I think it may be a Centurion. I know I had a few of those about 5 years or so ago. Maybe age does a Gurkha good. That s the only cigar I can find that is close to the same shape.
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:14 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
I think it may be a Centurion. I know I had a few of those about 5 years or so ago. Maybe age does a Gurkha good. That s the only cigar I can find that is close to the same shape.
Well chip... smoke it and let us know!:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 10:09 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Well chip... smoke it and let us know!:-)
Its gone. Smoked it yesterday. It was damn good.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:24 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Its gone. Smoked it yesterday. It was damn good.
I was going to say maybe a Gurkha until I saw you said it was damn good.:-) I have a similar shaped and sized stick in my humi that is unbanded and I know that it's a Gurkha since I remember buying it. This was also before I realized I am not a fan of anything Gurkha. I have had it for a three or four years so maybe I will use this post as an excuse to finally smoke it and get rid of it.
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:47 AM 09-12-2010
You know they have several perfecto shaped vitola's.. i actually have one that's darker and i have the label but i don't remember the name...
[Reply]
Chingas 10:50 AM 09-12-2010
You know they have several perfecto shaped vitola's.. i actually have one that's darker and i have the label but i don't remember the name...
I think you may be thinking of the Gurkha Blue Steel
[Reply]
whodeeni 11:13 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
I think you may be thinking of the Gurkha Blue Steel
That's it Chingas...:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 11:31 AM 09-12-2010
That's it Chingas...:-)
I here all week!:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 11:41 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I was going to say maybe a Gurkha until I saw you said it was damn good.:-)

This is exactly what threw me off.
[Reply]
druturn 04:04 PM 09-12-2010
I was going to say La Aurora Preferido, but the end fooled me. I would say a Gurkha Centurian as well, I just pulled one out of my humidor and it an exact match, I will try to take a pic of it with and without band soon and post it!
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 04:13 PM 09-12-2010
I'm thinking it might be the unbanded perfecto from the LFD Los Perfectos gift pack. They definitely were super tasty I'm just not sure it was quite that size...
[Reply]
Lumpold 04:33 PM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88:
I'm thinking it might be the unbanded perfecto from the LFD Los Perfectos gift pack. They definitely were super tasty I'm just not sure it was quite that size...

Makes the perfectos look a but flatter on one end, but could just be the crappy picture!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up