Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Interviews
Don Fernando 11:05 AM 09-07-2010
as some of you know, I run a Dutch cigar website (with SmokeyNL, Misha and JHinc, all inmates too) and I'm going to Miami soon. I made some contact here and there and found a few cigar makers willing to do an interview with me for the Dutch site. Rocky Patel cigars (unfortunately Rocky himself won't be in town), Ernesto Padilla and the Garcia family already told me they would love to do an interview, and I will also do an interview with José Oliva when he's in The Netherlands in 3 weeks.

Now I have lots of questions, but you might have good questions too that I can ask, so if you have suggestions, please post them here and if I like the questions I will answer them.

thanks in advance.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 11:09 AM 09-07-2010
Well, I work within 5 minutes driving distance of the last two factories you mentioned. I might have to drop by and say hi when you visit the Padilla factory. The cigar girl there is cute.
[Reply]
markem 11:14 AM 09-07-2010
The one that I am sure everyone wants answered:

Bacon is all the rage. When will you join in?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:30 AM 09-07-2010
Why not make more thin ring gauge cigars or private comissioned cigars? How about customer specific bundles?
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:35 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Why not make more thin ring gauge cigars or private comissioned cigars? How about customer specific bundles?
I've been getting into thinner rings, too.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:36 AM 09-07-2010
- What impact do you expect (on your business) when the embargo on Cuban cigars has been lifted?

- What kinds of things are you planning to do when the embargo is lifted?
[Reply]
darkleeroy 11:38 AM 09-07-2010
The reason why they don't make thinner ringed cigars; the majority of Americans don't like thin ring cigars. It's supply and demand, but mostly demand.

EDIT: I second Mike's questions regarding the embargo.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:38 AM 09-07-2010
my questions:
what is your favorite cigar of your own lines?
what would be your dream cigar?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:45 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
Well, I work within 5 minutes driving distance of the last two factories you mentioned. I might have to drop by and say hi when you visit the Padilla factory. The cigar girl there is cute.
I 'know' that girl, been to the factory last year too.

I'll be in Miami for 9 days, plenty of time to herf :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 11:48 AM 09-07-2010
Ferdie: I Would Like To Know Their Plans For New Releases, A "Sneak Preview", So To Speak!:-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 12:00 PM 09-07-2010
1. Do you like me? (Me being me, not you) This is better: Do you like MCS?
2. How about a cigar called "Sklee"?
3. Where do all those cigars come from?
4. Got a light?
5. Cigar cake?
6. Cake cigar?

MCS
[Reply]
Dunkel 03:41 PM 09-07-2010
Please ask Ernesto why he can't slap whoever rolls his Obsidians for him? Most draw like a broomstick! LOL
[Reply]
Brad 05:39 PM 09-07-2010
Did you try and contact anyone at Padron? They have a factory store in Miami.
[Reply]
Darrell 05:46 PM 09-07-2010
What sets your company apart from the rest of the cigar brands?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:19 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
The reason why they don't make thinner ringed cigars; the majority of Americans don't like thin ring cigars. It's supply and demand, but mostly demand.
In the grand sense it is, but that is not what I am going at...

That gets back to my question on why they do not make customer specific bundles or smaller production runs for companies that think they market a bunch of specific cigars.

They do not run their business to capture the consumer and win their hearts. You want to be the Cubans, make a product and experience that most will never get from a Cuban cigar.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:33 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
What sets your company apart from the rest of the cigar brands?
+1
[Reply]
G G 07:35 PM 09-07-2010
What size pink wooden shoes do you wear?
[Reply]
Beagleone 07:45 PM 09-07-2010
Have you talked to Willie Herrera over at El Titan de Bronze? Met with him a few years again, but he was very entertaining and made some good smokes.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:30 PM 09-07-2010
Can you make a chicken wing flavored cigar?
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 09:35 PM 09-07-2010
Some questions to consider:

What are your long term plans for your organization?

Do you have a certain production number in mind before you become concerned about quality?

What are the 3 things that you want consumers to know that isn't known by the public right now?

Tell me about what are your succession plans for your cigar company?

What changes do you forsee occuring in the cigar industry over the next 3 years?

Tell us your perspective on limited production cigars. Are they worth the premium that are charged?

What cigars do you smoke on a daily basis and why?

How do you stay in touch with consumers?

Hope that these questions help
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up