Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Will be in Hancock, MA
massphatness 08:53 PM 06-07-2010
I'll check work schedules -- maybe I can take a half a day and meet up with you guys late in the afternoon.
[Reply]
South Shield 10:56 PM 06-07-2010
wow, I grew up in Pittsfield and Richmond (right next to Hancock), wish I could join you. If you have any questions of where to go while there, let me know. Go to Teo's Hotdogs in Pittsfield.. get 6 with everything. Trust me.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:17 PM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I'll check work schedules -- maybe I can take a half a day and meet up with you guys late in the afternoon.
Vin, I am truly hoping that you can make it. Is there another day that is better? Maybe the others can make it that day too?

Originally Posted by South Shield:
wow, I grew up in Pittsfield and Richmond (right next to Hancock), wish I could join you. If you have any questions of where to go while there, let me know. Go to Teo's Hotdogs in Pittsfield.. get 6 with everything. Trust me.
I don't even know what to ask. Is there a cigar shop, tobacconist, brew pub nearby?

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
massphatness 06:25 PM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Vin, I am truly hoping that you can make it. Is there another day that is better? Maybe the others can make it that day too?
I'm going to do my darndest, Todd. I have a couple managers on vacation that week, so I can't make definitive arrangements at this point. I say pick a day, and I will do everything I can to be there -- even if it's just for a couple hours in the evening.
[Reply]
South Shield 06:34 PM 06-08-2010

I don't even know what to ask. Is there a cigar shop, tobacconist, brew pub nearby?

unfortunately there is nothing, but if you are going to be in the town of Hancock itself, the onyl place to go is Jiminy Peak, its a ski-resort that is open all year. http://www.jiminypeak.com/accounts/69/homepage/

bring a lot of smokes...You will not find a good store anywhere around there.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:06 PM 06-08-2010
I'm going to do my darndest, Todd. I have a couple managers on vacation that week, so I can't make definitive arrangements at this point. I say pick a day, and I will do everything I can to be there -- even if it's just for a couple hours in the evening.
Do you work that Saturday, 6/19? What about the rest of you - is that date good?

Should we move the party a bit east - closer to Beantown?

[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:00 AM 06-09-2010
Bump for the morning Masshole crew.
[Reply]
massphatness 06:51 AM 06-09-2010
Do you work that Saturday, 6/19?

Unfortunately:

I have tix to the Sox/Dodgers on Sat, 6/19; otherwise that day would have been perfect.
My schedule that day is screwy: I have to bring my son into Logan early AM, back to Maynard, then bring Grace into Boston for some trade show so we don't end up with two cars for the baseball game that starts @ 4. I could conceivably get out to Worcester in the evening if anyone wanted to plan something for Saturday night, but that's a helluva' ride for you, Todd, and WE should be making the effort to see you (IMHO).
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:25 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I know I am free on the 22nd.
Originally Posted by Spitnchew:
The 22nd is good for me too.
OK, what we have so far is the 22nd.

What are we going to do, and at what time? It looks like Vin can be there for late afternoon festivities. Should we look at golfing somewhere like 12:30 or 1:00 and then lounging somewhere?

Skyline CC looks like a decent course - http://www.skyline-cc.com/index.php

Did some looking on line for a cigar friendly place for a beverage and/or meal. No sites state anything about smoking policies. I sent a note to http://patricksinpittsfield.com/index.html as it looks cool, to ask if they are cigar friendly.

Do you have suggestions?

Let's get times and activities squared up.

[Reply]
massphatness 09:42 AM 06-11-2010
Tenative: :-)

I have put myself in for leaving the office at 1pm on 6/22 -- that should put me in the Pittsfield area around 3:30 or 4.

With my staff on vacation, this can change in an instant, but I'm working on getting things organized so I can make this happen.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:19 AM 06-11-2010
Tenative: :-)

I have put myself in for leaving the office at 1pm on 6/22 -- that should put me in the Pittsfield area around 3:30 or 4.

With my staff on vacation, this can change in an instant, but I'm working on getting things organized so I can make this happen.
Now all we need to do is figure what we're doing and where we'll be.
[Reply]
timo 05:42 AM 06-12-2010
"No smoking" ban in effect in our great state so probably won't find anything cigar friendly besides a cigar lounge
[Reply]
timo 05:45 AM 06-12-2010
Now all we need to do is figure what we're doing and where we'll be.
We're smoking cigars and we'll be somewhere in the Berkshires:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:53 PM 06-12-2010
"No smoking" ban in effect in our great state so probably won't find anything cigar friendly besides a cigar lounge
OK, so is there a cigar lounge somewhere in that area?

We're smoking cigars and we'll be somewhere in the Berkshires:-)
Thanks, you're a laugh-a-palooza!

We have the 22nd, what are the rest of the details?
[Reply]
timo 02:14 PM 06-12-2010
I don't know of any up there. It's pretty secluded. I hate to say it but the closest lounge is Habana in N Greenbush NY. about forty minutes from Hancock. The second closest is Azon in Agawam about 1.5 hours away. I suggest trying to get a hold of TRicker to see if there's an outdoor spot he knows of up there
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:48 PM 06-12-2010
I don't know of any up there. It's pretty secluded. I hate to say it but the closest lounge is Habana in N Greenbush NY. about forty minutes from Hancock. The second closest is Azon in Agawam about 1.5 hours away. I suggest trying to get a hold of TRicker to see if there's an outdoor spot he knows of up there
That's not a good thing. Of course, one of the reasons I was hoping we could go golfing. Which direction is Azon in Agawam? We don't want to do N. Greenbush, that takes us further away from Vin.

I don't know TRicker. Where does he live?
[Reply]
timo 04:38 PM 06-12-2010
TRicker lives in the Pittsfield area. Azon is in Agawam which is closer to Vin and further away from Ryan
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:40 PM 06-12-2010
I don't mind driving. Azon is only 2 hours from my current residence of the week.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 06:05 AM 06-13-2010
I can probably get to Azon after work on the 22nd.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:10 AM 06-13-2010
So are we officially saying Azon? Your call Todd -- my guess is with the relative centralness (?? is that a word) of Azon, we'd probably get the highest turnout there.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up