Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Yet another Oliva V Maduro review.
MarkinAZ 01:23 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
It's probably because of this from the Oliva site...http://www.olivacigar.com/cigars_oliva.aspx
Of interest, I was perusing this site just this morning and had read that exact same info re RH 70 - 78. I think most of the inmates here keep their various humi's (desk tops, cooliadors, vinotemps, etc) ruffly between 60 to 65 RH (mine falls exactly in that range).

I was at my local B&M yesterday and snagged an Oliva V Liga Especial Double Robusto ($7.49) and will let it rest for a couple of weeks prior to burning it.

Scott, thanks for the review. If you need some batteries for your camera, let us know:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:07 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:

Scott, thanks for the review. If you need some batteries for your camera, let us know:-):-)
I don't know why I didn't post pics. I must not have had my camera when we smoked these? :-)
[Reply]
acarr 10:08 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
Speaking with our rep recently, we confirmed there would be more sizes of the maduro V as soon as production can meet demand.

Rumor has it the first size will be a Lancero Maduro.....:-)
I would love to have one of those.
[Reply]
shilala 11:39 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by acarr:
I would love to have one of those.
I wonder if there'd be enough ring there to deliver any V taste?
The wrapper's pretty decent on the torp, but the V body is what pushes the blend over the top, in my opinion.
I'd sure like to try any other sizes Oliva comes out with, but I can't imagine them getting any better. The one I smoked yesterday was so good I could hardly believe it. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 08:45 AM 02-09-2009
Nice review!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I really can't wait for the weather to warm up here! I hate the winters in MN because my smoking drops to ~1/week, and I have several good things to smoke, but never the time for sticks the size of these torps. I do LOVE them, though...no Volt, I don't need any more. :-)

Just the thought of a V maduro lancero makes my mouth water. I love the regular V lanceros already. Maduro lanceros? Just call me a whore now. :-)
[Reply]
Yazzie 07:21 PM 02-09-2009
Wow! Smoking one of these now and it is very tasty. I am not much of a Maduro fan at all but the Oliva V''s are one of my favorite NC smokes and figured I'd pick some of theses up....

Very tasty :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 08:40 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
OK! I have had enough of this temptation. I'm pulling one out of my humidor today. I'll let you guys know what I think.
The last one I had was with 2 months on it. It was good.

This one will be around 6 months. Maybe it will be great!+1
K
Boy oh Boy It was some goodness! :-):-):-) Had the Oliva V MADURO in the 40 degree, windy, rainy day. Chocolatty coffee, spicy sweet maduro.:-):-) what a great cigar. I sure am looking forward to these becoming available again. I have 8 left and am going to savor them slowly one by one.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up