Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>Prime Rib Recipe
Lucky_Hippo 05:44 AM 12-26-2008
Hope everyone's Prime Rib turned out just as tasty as ours did. It was a huge success and now an offical tradition for Christmas day.

Bon Appetit!
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:53 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
Nothing smaller than 6lbs.

It may seem like a lot, but it really isn't very salty at all. The Onion Salt and Celery Salt is pretty mild and cooks well.
That's a pretty decent size piece of meat. :-)
[Reply]
boonedoggle 07:00 AM 12-26-2008
Mine came out a little more done than anticipated, but the meat was still succulent. Was a hit of the dinner, thank goodness! :-)
[Reply]
dunng 05:12 PM 12-26-2008
Mine came out perfect, all 8lbs of goodness! :-)
[Reply]
TRicker 05:23 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
Mine came out perfect, all 8lbs of goodness! :-)
You had an eight pound prime rib and you didn't offer me any leftovers?:-)
[Reply]
dunng 05:29 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by TRicker:
You had an eight pound prime rib and you didn't offer me any leftovers?:-)
I would have if there were any... did not last long around here :-)
[Reply]
sli38 05:41 PM 12-26-2008
I sear the roast in my roasting pan right on the stove top on all sides on high heat. a couple minutes on all sides. place fat side up in oven at 500 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes. turn oven down to 225 and cook untill internal temp is 145. take out or pan and let rest 30 minutes. Gravy-I deglaze roasting pan with bourban and a little stone ground mustard and horse raddish add some beef broth and simmer to thicken. I add a little heavy cream at the end and salt and pepper to taste.

It falls right off the bone.......
[Reply]
jaycarla 06:20 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by sli38:
I sear the roast in my roasting pan right on the stove top on all sides on high heat. a couple minutes on all sides. place fat side up in oven at 500 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes. turn oven down to 225 and cook untill internal temp is 145. take out or pan and let rest 30 minutes. Gravy-I deglaze roasting pan with bourban and a little stone ground mustard and horse raddish add some beef broth and simmer to thicken. I add a little heavy cream at the end and salt and pepper to taste.

It falls right off the bone.......
Going to give that gravy recipe a shot when I make one again, sounds great. With the rotisserie I get all the yum-yums right down into the drip pan and can do the gravy and leave the roast sitting on the spit to rest. Perfect.
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 12:20 AM 12-27-2008
This year we just had a 2 ribber and just put montreal steak seasoning on it and cooked it till med rare I would say. It was AMAZING!
[Reply]
j6ppc 11:48 PM 12-27-2008
I'm a day late and a dollar short but....
(assuming 7 lbs or more)
Salt and pepper on the meat no more no less.
allow to come to room temp for an hour or two.
Roast in preheated oven @ 450-500 for 20 minutes.
Reduce oven to 300 F let roast go until 115 F internal.
Rest tented in foil for 30 mins, (make jus etc. in the meantime) carve enjoy!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up