Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Good Eats>Favorite dish only your Grandma couyld make
rck70 07:49 PM 12-04-2008
My Grandma used to make the best Chicken & dumplings, Stuffed Cabbgage, and Fried Okra....yummmmm
[Reply]
TripleF 07:58 PM 12-04-2008
peanut butter & jelly. :-)

JK

Heck man, my grandma stuffed us when we came by. Eat. Eat.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:01 PM 12-04-2008
My great-grandma made the best scalloped corn I ever had. My grandma made this stuff called "icebox cake" I can't even explain how good it was.

MCS
[Reply]
ucla695 08:01 PM 12-04-2008
Refried beans, sopaipillas and fresh flour tortillas!
[Reply]
Jason 08:14 PM 12-04-2008
dad' mom did chow chow
fried fish and all manner of pies

mom's side did the Sunday roast that's yet to be equaled

miss them both
[Reply]
BamBam 08:19 PM 12-04-2008
ahhhh...Love my Gramma's Noodles at every holiday dinner
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:26 PM 12-04-2008
The best mac and cheese ever along with pumkin pie. My oldest aunt has the recipe to both but can't quite equal the original.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:07 PM 12-04-2008
My Grandmother used to make the best Rouladen imaginable. It was to die for, and she'd only prepare it for special occasions. Unfortunately arthritis has gotten the better of her hands and she doesn't cook anymore, and my Mom can't cook it worth a damn. I have the recipe, maybe one day when I decide to attempt cooking something off the grill i'll try it.
[Reply]
croatan 09:28 PM 12-04-2008
Best. Fried. Chicken. Ever.
[Reply]
bigloo 09:46 PM 12-04-2008
One grandmas cooking I did not like, the other one could make nothing wrong! Her star dish was corned beef (she called is picked beef, olllllld school). She gave me the recipe but could never get it to work, she was just magic! She also fried eggs in chicken fat, man oh man, she could turn a simple chicken egg into a treat!
[Reply]
Gone Dave 09:50 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Refried beans, sopaipillas and fresh flour tortillas!
My friends g-ma would make us that to... I would dam near kill a brother for those now!
But mine would let me help with crust and chocolate pie back in say 76'
[Reply]
:eevis 04:08 AM 12-05-2008
Two words.. City Chicken http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_chicken
She used to make me my own batch for my birthday every year. I have tried it from som of the Polish Grocers here, good, but not the same. nothing can touch grandma's. I actually found her recipe, but it does not come out the same
[Reply]
rck70 05:26 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
Two words.. City Chicken http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_chicken
She used to make me my own batch for my birthday every year. I have tried it from som of the Polish Grocers here, good, but not the same. nothing can touch grandma's. I actually found her recipe, but it does not come out the same
I love City Chicken!!!!
[Reply]
goalie204 05:28 AM 12-05-2008
My grandmom on my Mother's side made a veal chop that was like no other. I have no idea what she did, but i've never had one that could compare.

My grandmother on my moms side even tho a Polish-Jewish immigrant to Canada, made THE BEST mexican food. Better than I had in palm springs :P
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:41 AM 12-05-2008
My grandmother on my mom's side was an unreal southern cook. I cannot think of one thing she used to make that wasn't one of the top ten ever for that entree. The one thing she made though that has never been close to being equaled was breakfasts of country ham, red-eye gravy, sausage patties, sausage gravy, unreal bisquits, and fried eggs that were perfectly cooked to everyone's individual taste!

My grandmother on the other side of the family NEVER cooked. The only thing she ever made was this date/nut loaf for Christmas. It didn't involve cooking but it is a family tradition now.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 06:04 AM 12-05-2008
Molasses cookies with a thick white glaze frosting. :-)

Lord those were good. Everything she cooked was superb, but those homemade cookies were the best I've ever had. It's been close to fifty years since I've tasted one but the memory is still strong.
[Reply]
taltos 06:31 AM 12-05-2008
My grandmother came over here from Ireland. She made an incredible cottage pudding with hard sauce and cream puffs with the most delicious custard filling that I have ever had.:-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 06:33 AM 12-05-2008
My Grandma Nina made the best chocolate chip cookies. She had a simple recipe that all in our family have tried to make, but they were simply not the same.
My mother began to suspect that the secret was Nina's old oven. Finally the old stove gave up the ghost and she had to get a new one. The cookies were never the same. There must have been some magic in that old oven.

My other grandmother made the best pickles, all different types. The best were salt pickles. She sliced cukes into quarters lengthwise and placed them in a colander. She covered them with a tremendous amount of salt and let them sit in the basement for 3 days. The salt leached a lot of the water out of the cukes and gave them nice texture. She then pickled them. I miss these pickles tremendously. They are fantastic with cold beer.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:36 AM 12-05-2008
My Grandma makes the best hamburgers. I don't know what she does to them, but they are delicious. She also toasts the bun on the lid of the pan so that they get golden brown :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:37 AM 12-05-2008
Also, my Grandma makes awesome Chicken Noodle Soup :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up