Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Good Eats>One food that you will never eat is...
theycallmedan'lboone 08:14 AM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
McDonalds. :-)
:-):-):-)
Taco HEll I mean bell.
[Reply]
md4958 08:19 AM 12-04-2008
This cheese from Sardinia, Italy is known locally as “casu marzu.” It’s is famous for the cheese fly larvae found inside. The cheese goes beyond the normal fermentation process to near decomposition, a result of the digestive action of the larvae. The insects are introduced into the cheese in order to get it to this stage. Some people clear the larvae before eating but some enjoy this cheese with a side of larvae. Seconds anyone?
[Reply]
Langod 08:43 AM 12-04-2008
Insects.

I hear about people in extreme survival situations eating bugs. yeerch.
I don't think I could do that no matter how close to starving to death I was.
A big ol' freakin spider, or a centipede or something? No thanks, I'll starve.
[Reply]
MithShrike 10:05 AM 12-04-2008
I'm with the OP. Balut and century eggs... yech.
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 11:18 AM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by Langod:
Insects.

Dont knock soy covered crickets till you try them lol.

I know, I'm weird.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:59 AM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
and that really stinky fruit called durian)
I tried that when I was in Jakarta, as a desert after my Cobra sate and Gekko sate dinner :-)
[Reply]
dunng 12:06 PM 12-04-2008
:-) Pretty much everything that was posted above... :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 12:51 PM 12-04-2008
In addition to everything listed so far...

I can't bring myself to eat anything that is higher on the food chain than we are. Bear comes to mind. I would never eat bear. Pretty much any carnivore.

And for those who say they would never eat insects...ever eat lobster? Shrimp? Crabs? All they are is GIANT BUGS THAT LIVE IN THE OCEAN!!! "No, they're crustaceans," people say. My a$$. They have a bunch of legs, an exoskeleton, and antennae sticking out of their heads. They are BUGS! :-)
[Reply]
livwire68 01:02 PM 12-04-2008
I am open to most things at least once or twice but I have no desire for the 100 year egg either!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg
[Reply]
livwire68 01:09 PM 12-04-2008
Insects.

Heck I eat them once in awhile, honest to god just for the fun of it (usually drunk) there is a place I reccommend here in the states which is on the mild end. http://www.hotlix.com/ I have been known to grab a live cricket once in awhile and have a snack (last time I was too drunk and he did not stay down, ask Andy aka Dooge) They say you consume so many a year while you sleep:-)
[Reply]
Cigary 02:11 PM 12-04-2008
Any of these canned goods,,,,except for the squirrel,,mmmmmmm good

[Reply]
Starscream 02:34 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
McDonalds. :-)
:-)
If only I didn't have kids...
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:58 PM 12-04-2008
Poi, gari, natto, and lutefisk to name a few.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:03 PM 12-04-2008
A lot of the stuff I see posted in "good eats" here! And, most of the stuff posted in this forum. I'm a picky eater, but what I do like, I eat too much of!
[Reply]
ucla695 05:52 PM 12-04-2008
Insects.

I've eaten bugs before and didn't really mind it. There's a place in L.A., Typhoon (http://www.typhoon.biz/), that specializes in it. We started off with a small bowl of ants. They weren't my favorite since they were kind of bitter. Then they brought out crickets with shoe string potatoes and garlic. Quite tasty and a good play on textures. Then we progressed to the chicken stuffed waterbugs. Man, those came out the same way they went in. :-) Anyway, it was our first time eating insects so we also ordered some 'normal' food.

Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I tried that when I was in Jakarta, as a desert after my Cobra sate and Gekko sate dinner :-)
Is it as pungent as everyone says?
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 08:12 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Any of these canned goods,,,,except for the squirrel,,mmmmmmm good

My grandpappy made some squirrel stew when I was a youngin. At least that's what he said it was. The whole meal was game...duck, venison, pheasant...and squirrel stew. Good vittles.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:20 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
chicken stuffed waterbugs.

Were they really waterbugs? Or were they those giant L.A. cockroaches that scuttle around on the sidewalks at night? :-)
[Reply]
Seanohue 08:34 AM 12-05-2008
Seafood. I'm really picky lol. So you can imagine I will not touch anything else in this thread :-)
[Reply]
vicvitola 08:50 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Mmmm I love me some good goose liver. Nothing better in the world than foie gras IMO
:-) Foie Gras is so good!

I guess Haggis doesn't exactly call my name and that Century egg does kinda sound digusting but other than that there isn't too much I can think of. Dog maybe? I don't think I would eat dog.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 10:01 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by Seanohue:
I'm really picky
Wow, that really limits your life experience, my friend. I sorta feel sorry you, but if you're content with your diet, that's what matters...as long as it doesn't kill ya.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up