Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Tacos: soft or hard shell?
Soft - corn tortillas 21 28.00%
Soft - flour tortillas 25 33.33%
Hard shell 29 38.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Good Eats>Tacos: soft or hard shell?
Flatsix 10:07 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Hey Gregg, is Juanita's on Foothill?
Yes, Foothill and San Antonio. Been there?

There's another one on 4th and Grove in Ontario and another on Indian Hill at San Bernardino Road.
[Reply]
spincycle 10:38 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
The hard shell tacos hurt!
Chew before swallowing. Works for me everytime. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:43 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Mmm...double-decker, what a great invention.
I seldom go to Taco Bell (maybe once every 3 months) but when I do, I always get the Double Decker Taco Supreme. It's been my favorite there for over a decade.

As far as the poll goes, I voted hard shell. I prefer to make my own shells at home and fry them up, the only time I'll eat tacos out is at a LEGIT Mexican restaurant and in CA, given our Hispanic population - those restaurants are rare IMO.
[Reply]
Dukeuni 11:11 AM 11-21-2008
I am a soft shell man myself. Nothing better then a Mexican restaurant that makes them fresh on site. I aslo enjoy brands that make "Mucho Grande" soft taco flour shells. Macho Burrito please!
[Reply]
althekillr 11:23 AM 11-21-2008
king taco has the best tacos al pastor. mmmmm. dont care for the rest of their stuff. senor fish for ensenada style fish tacos.

soft tacos only, hard tacos once in a long while for a change of pace.
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:28 AM 11-21-2008
Love soft corn shells especially when I make fish tacos!
[Reply]
punch54 05:06 PM 11-21-2008
for tacos soft corn
[Reply]
ucla695 09:43 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by althekillr:
king taco has the best tacos al pastor. mmmmm.
Yes, KT's al pastor is the best! :-) I haven't found other places that make it as good.
[Reply]
Rockestone 09:50 AM 11-22-2008
I could eat hard shell tacos all day long. The best tacos I ever had were in Okinawa Japan of all places. It was long time ago, but there was a joint outside of Camp Kinser that fried the tortilla shells after you order. Those were the Bomb!!

Dang. Now I'm hungry.
[Reply]
Lumpold 10:42 AM 11-22-2008
We don't even have Taco Bell in the UK :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:05 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
That can be a good thing! :-)
[Reply]
Lumpold 11:07 AM 11-22-2008
Kinda, but if even Taco Bell won't try a foothold (again, I believe) we don't even get small ma'n'pa mexican outfits... we get Old El Paso Dinner Kits and that's it!
[Reply]
ucla695 11:09 AM 11-22-2008
I know. I lived there several years ago and almost died. I managed to find a Mexican restaurant at a mall near Bayswater. The food was bland and sucked, but I still went back for more. Taco Bell would have been great!! I ate Mexican food for weeks when I moved back to the States.

Originally Posted by Jbailey:
That can be a good thing! :-)
I'm not sure about that. After going without for an extended period of time, even TB hits the spot.
[Reply]
Lumpold 11:14 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
I know. I lived there several years ago and almost died. I managed to find a Mexican restaurant at a mall near Bayswater. The food was bland and sucked, but I still went back for more. Taco Bell would have been great!! I ate Mexican food for weeks when I moved back to the States.
I've never even found a mexican restaurant in the UK... we get burrito stands at festivals, which are a decent size but about £7, and not at all spicy. Lack of Mexican fastfood = travesty.
Originally Posted by :
I'm not sure about that. After going without for an extended period of time, even TB hits the spot.
Yes, I'd happily settle for a Taco Bell. Anything better would be a blessing.
[Reply]
longknocker 11:14 AM 11-22-2008
I would say soft corn Tacos. Whenever I get home to SA, Texas, first thing I do is have "Authenic" Mexican Food! Yummmmm!:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:24 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
True, I try my best to avoid it but sometimes it does taste good. Like after a long night of drinking which sounds like a bad idea.

we don't even get small ma'n'pa mexican outfits
Now that's a shame, those are always the best ones if you find them.
[Reply]
JE3146 03:33 PM 11-22-2008
I like all 3. Then also the hard shell with a soft flour wrapped around it with refried beans .. mmmmm
[Reply]
fxpose 12:12 PM 11-24-2008
I don't want no American tacos! Give me z real stuff! (although I do crave hard shells whenever Taco Bell has them on special for 39 cents) ....:-)

Speaking of which, I have yet to try the TACO ZONE roach coach (parked on Alvarado just north Sunset) which according to Chowhound has z best tacos in all of LA.
[Reply]
ucla695 12:23 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by fxpose:
Speaking of which, I have yet to try the TACO ZONE roach coach (parked on Alvarado just north Sunset) which according to Chowhound has z best tacos in all of LA.
Ooh. I'm going to have to hunt it down and try some.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:26 PM 11-24-2008
oooooh Alvarado & Sunset...I'm googlemapping now....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up