Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Cream of Wheat
Curly Cut 04:22 PM 01-26-2009
I was never an Oatmeal kinda guy, like my dad. We kids had Cream of Wheat.
In the late 70s/early 80s, they started to make different flavored Cream of Wheat, there were a few that I enjoyed.

It's now a good 20+ years since I've had any, and while buying grocieries spotted a box of Original flavor. I looked for their cinnamon flavored box, but all they had was original. Chucked it in the basket.

That was a month ago. I keep forgetting to make some in the morning, mainly cuz I'm draggin ass, so I hit the "Just Bunches" or whatever other high fiber, concrete mix cereal I buy for myself is still around (I buy that stuff for two reasons: 1) I like 'em; 2) my step-son and son don't, which means that I will get to eat it and I know it'll stay fresh).

This weekend, we were in a lazy mood and decided it was a fend for yourself dinner night. I wasn't all that hungry, and having recently grociery shopped, I remembered the Cream of Wheat.

I add a small dapple of sugar and pinch o' cinnamon to it. Did the microwave method, and in a couple minutes, I was eating Cream of Wheat.

[Reply]
DocLogic77 04:29 PM 01-26-2009
I love cream of wheat and cream of rice. It's about the only food that keeps my two daughters alive...lol.
[Reply]
ashmaster 06:51 PM 01-26-2009
My brothers and sisters did but try as I might, I could never get into Cream of Wheat. I was and still am an oatmeal kind of guy.
[Reply]
totallytentative 06:58 PM 01-26-2009
Wow, that brings back memories. I used to eat a lot of cream of wheat as a kid, but haven't had any for years (decades?)... I think I'll have to buy a pack now. Used to just have it with some honey.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 07:00 PM 01-26-2009
Memories. Just figured it out. Nice to see you here.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 07:02 PM 01-26-2009
werd up, dave. u notice i'm "not scary". lol
[Reply]
Da Klugs 07:07 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
werd up, dave. u notice i'm "not scary". lol
I actually deleted a sappy comment out of respect for your manly gruffness. :-)
[Reply]
Up