Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Tacos: soft or hard shell?
Soft - corn tortillas 21 28.00%
Soft - flour tortillas 25 33.33%
Hard shell 29 38.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Tacos: soft or hard shell?
Cigary 03:27 PM 11-24-2008
You have never had any better tacos than Super Sergios or El Portal in San Diego,,,or if you like turkey tacos then the best is in Del Mar called Tonys. Best mexican food in the world is Quatro Milpas in San Diego,,,linky http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...w31dining.html
[Reply]
althekillr 06:16 PM 11-24-2008
bit off topic is it seems to me every mexican restaurant here in LA specializes in one thing. very few have everything that is spectacular. I go to different places whether I want asada tacos, or fish tacos, pastor tacos, chicharron, birria, menudo, chile rellenos, queso fundido, breakfast burritos, siete mares, tamales, torta's. whatever it is, I got to go to a different place to get it. i guess thats part of the fun.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:56 PM 11-24-2008
Hard shell for me... I like the crunch. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:43 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by althekillr:
bit off topic is it seems to me every mexican restaurant here in LA specializes in one thing. very few have everything that is spectacular. I go to different places whether I want asada tacos, or fish tacos, pastor tacos, chicharron, birria, menudo, chile rellenos, queso fundido, breakfast burritos, siete mares, tamales, torta's. whatever it is, I got to go to a different place to get it. i guess thats part of the fun.

Very true. I do the same and I've had more marginal Mexican food than good in the process. Kinda makes me really appreciate the place that do it right.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:46 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by Cigary:
You have never had any better tacos than Super Sergios or El Portal in San Diego,,,or if you like turkey tacos then the best is in Del Mar called Tonys. Best mexican food in the world is Quatro Milpas in San Diego,,,linky http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...w31dining.html
I've always heard people from San Diego say that there's are some great Mexican restaurants in the area, but I haven't been down there long enough to find out. I'm usually passing thru on my way across the border. I'll keep this on my places of must tries the next time I'm down there. Thanks.
[Reply]
acruce 08:31 PM 11-25-2008
I voted soft, but I like them both.
[Reply]
brigey57 08:49 PM 11-25-2008
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Hard shell for me... I like the crunch. :-)

Dang! I can't believe it. To me it is not a genuine taco unless it is wrapped in a corn shell that crunches! I think 90 % of the flavor comes from the crunchy shell.
:-) :-) I also prefer going to a authentic Mexican restaurant, not a fast food sort of place.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up