Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 54 of 60
« First < 444525354 5556 > Last »
Sports>Being a Hockey Parent
Ahbroody 04:40 PM 11-01-2013
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Mike, SJ was awarded the 2015 14/16/18 Tier I National Championships. Some cool stuff coming to your backyard in 17 months.
Nice will make a sure I take the boy.
We are dealing with a huge pile of $ hit here. The coach who my kid loves and joined the team for appears to be leaving to go play for a team in Dayton Ohio in the Federal Hockey League. So pissed. Already looking to next year when we go Jr.Sharks hopefully. M was in tears when I told him what was happening. Upside they moved him to D and he was a rock back there last weekend. Team lost 5-3 and he was +2 with 5 blocked shots and got away with 5 hits. 2 open ice where he touched puck before hitting kid 3 he tied up kid and rode him into the boards.
[Reply]
Eleven 07:43 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Nice will make a sure I take the boy.
We are dealing with a huge pile of $ hit here. The coach who my kid loves and joined the team for appears to be leaving to go play for a team in Dayton Ohio in the Federal Hockey League. So pissed. Already looking to next year when we go Jr.Sharks hopefully. M was in tears when I told him what was happening. Upside they moved him to D and he was a rock back there last weekend. Team lost 5-3 and he was +2 with 5 blocked shots and got away with 5 hits. 2 open ice where he touched puck before hitting kid 3 he tied up kid and rode him into the boards.
Who is the guy? He coming to play for the Dayton Demoz?
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:38 PM 11-06-2013
Jeff Sanders and yes. He has not left yet. Not sure whats going on now.
[Reply]
E.J. 02:06 PM 11-06-2013
Sucks, Mike.... Hopefully it fell through and he'll(Jeff) stick around through the season.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 08:55 PM 11-06-2013
I guess the team has won its last 2 games so the guys who were going to get cut are temporarily saved. He pretty much said if he gets the call he gone. Seems just a matter of time. There is an upside. On monday the coach who would replace him ran the practice. He is a very respected skating and shooting coach. He ran a great practice. Today the mites scrimmaged the squirts. Mites lost 3-1 but M was +1. Cant complain.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:21 PM 11-11-2013
LM broke his collarbone tonight... Just out of X-ray, ortho-doc hasn't looked at the pictures yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that his entire Sr. year of hockey isn't shot. Assume 8 weeks would get him back for playoffs...12, he's done. Tough news...
[Reply]
Eleven 12:48 AM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by E.J.:
LM broke his collarbone tonight... Just out of X-ray, ortho-doc hasn't looked at the pictures yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that his entire Sr. year of hockey isn't shot. Assume 8 weeks would get him back for playoffs...12, he's done. Tough news...
Horrible news. I'll pray for a speedy recovery!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 07:09 PM 11-12-2013
Prayers sent. Thats horrible. I live in fear of an injury especially with how much we all pay forthis
[Reply]
Ahbroody 08:06 PM 11-12-2013
Double post sorry.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:21 AM 11-13-2013
Thanks Scott & Mike. Seeing the orthopedist as I type....
[Reply]
E.J. 11:30 AM 11-13-2013
EXCELLENT news at the orthopedist today. No surgery and feels like he'll be good to go in 6 weeks. Assuming he heals like expected, 4% chance of re-fracture at 6 weeks. If I was hearing correctly, that 4% does not change from 6 weeks to 4 months. Goes back in 5 weeks to get cleared for the 6 week contact.

Can get back on the ice(no contact) next week, maybe 2, depending on how he is feeling.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:32 PM 11-13-2013
Found this article on Facebook about a Dad watching his son's last hockey game.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:13 PM 11-15-2013
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Found this article on Facebook about a Dad watching his son's last hockey game.
Great read....and has me wanting to start driving to games with the LM for his last bit.... UGH....

Sooooo...love this sport/community/life....can't believe that 50% will be done in a few months....
[Reply]
E.J. 02:58 PM 12-09-2013
Both the U10 boys and U12 girls had wins this weekend.....

GOAL!!!!

Still waiting for the LM to heal up.... Crossing my fingers that he's cleared/healthy at the end of the month.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 07:23 PM 12-29-2013
This year has been a mix of awesome and crap. On the ice an average of 5 days a week.

His in house squirt coach is a tool bag who is constantly giving his kid more ice. His kids got to be -16 on the year. Second year squirt and the kids horrible. I think someone complained to the league as he sent out an email saying he would do a better job making sure everyone would get equal ice. M is leading his squirt inhouse team in scoring. Not bad for a second year mite playing against almost all second year squirts.

His travel mite coach continues to miss occasional games leaving one of the dad's to coach. M plays primarily D on his mite team. As a whole i am happy with his development of grasping gap control and stick and body position.
[Reply]
E.J. 05:55 PM 12-30-2013
Coaching is so critical, Mike.... Can make a night and day difference in development and how much fun the kids have. Not to mention the frustration level of the parents.
[Reply]
E.J. 04:59 PM 01-06-2014
LM Back on the ice...FINALLY!!!! 8 weeks....a long 8 weeks.

The Little One continues to crush with her U14 girls team, but just blends with the U10 Boys. Couple pics w/ the girls team this past weekend, where she had a hattie.

[Reply]
E.J. 09:38 AM 01-07-2014
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...terribly-wrong

This is local.... Two HS teams in our league. Missed....ouch. Happened back in Oct...
[Reply]
Eleven 03:34 PM 01-07-2014
My kids team played a couple outdoor games this weekend in Toledo. Thankfully the team decided to purchase the pics that were taken, cause these next few really encompasse the way my kid plays, I couldn't be happier with the pics, or the way he played :-)

[Reply]
E.J. 03:52 PM 01-07-2014
Awesome sequence, Scott....

Outdoor games.....COLD.... Is that a warming tent I see?
[Reply]
Page 54 of 60
« First < 444525354 5556 > Last »
Up