Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Edgestar 28 just $99 in scratch & dent!
Zeuceone 12:24 PM 07-14-2011
Im getting very tempted to order one.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:24 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by x man:
Guys, it always says severe cosmetic damage.
Some have a few small dents, but if things are tight in the wallet,
this is the way to go if you have expensive cigars that deserve
a good home.
They wouldnt be listed if they didnt work like new.

I think the last link was not S&D. I think just open box. Only like ~$20 more.
[Reply]
Tyler 01:49 PM 07-14-2011
It is up again but under a different link I believe.

http://www.compactappliance.com/Edge...ratch_and_Dent
[Reply]
Tbagley 04:59 PM 07-14-2011
Cut some laminant of your choice and some spray glue to cover a host of sins.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 05:15 PM 07-14-2011
I am not worried about how it looks as this is likely to reside in a closet. I am just worried about it working. There are many ways to correct how it looks on the outside. 99$ shipped is great. Guess we will see.
[Reply]
GodOfFire 06:06 PM 07-14-2011
sweet just bought one of these I'm excited about it.... :-) now where can i see some other hook ups?
[Reply]
pektel 08:03 PM 07-14-2011
If my commission check comes tomorrow, I'm buying one.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GodOfFire 09:32 PM 07-14-2011
We should start an edgestar thread for all of us when we get them in and get them loaded and take pictures.

Kind of a support thread as we get shelves and trays and the humidity set and the Edgestar loaded.
[Reply]
pektel 10:08 PM 07-14-2011
Just ordered mine :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
x man 10:38 PM 07-14-2011
It takes a few days for the humidity to settle
after u put the beads in. Shilala showed me.
[Reply]
x man 09:08 AM 07-15-2011
They ship From Tx. So it takes about a week.
[Reply]
OLS 12:31 PM 07-15-2011
This "Scratch & Dent" product is in good working condition. Each unit is a fully functional
return item with severe external cosmetic damage to all panels of the unit

I wonder how many of you scrolled down??
Maybe 99 bucks is still too good a deal to pass up. But what if it won't even seal properly?
Ehh...I guess cosmetic is the key word.

I swear though, if I was not in a "let's get RID of all the chunky, clunky, over-sized crap in my life"
mode, I would def be picking up one of these. If for nothing more than my Cohibas and other first-
line items. I'd need a dozen of these damn things otherwise.
[Reply]
pektel 01:22 PM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
This "Scratch & Dent" product is in good working condition. Each unit is a fully functional
return item with severe external cosmetic damage to all panels of the unit

I wonder how many of you scrolled down??
Maybe 99 bucks is still too good a deal to pass up. But what if it won't even seal properly?
Ehh...I guess cosmetic is the key word.

I swear though, if I was not in a "let's get RID of all the chunky, clunky, over-sized crap in my life"
mode, I would def be picking up one of these. If for nothing more than my Cohibas and other first-
line items. I'd need a dozen of these damn things otherwise.
I took note of it, and it was pointed out on the first page. It will most likely be tucked away in the basement or a closet, so I don't need it to be pretty. They listed it as a fully functional, warranted item. That was my primary concern.
[Reply]
x man 02:58 PM 07-15-2011
You cannot see the dents on my unit
unless you walk around behind it, so it could be in view
of guests if i so desire. I will be getting another one soon.
I hope its just as easy to look at as this one.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 05:19 PM 07-15-2011
Yeah with all the bold it was hard to miss. They say the units still function with the factory warranty as well. I could care less how it looks as this is not for display just for storage. I have shipment confirmation so I will post pics when it comes in. The seal was my concern as well but for 99 bucks I felt safe in taking a chance as it seems that all the scratch and dent items had the same warning.
[Reply]
SSDVC 10:02 AM 07-17-2011
Compact Appliances tests all of the units for FULL functionality BEFORE they ship.

I bought an open box Edgestar 28 from them and when I didn't get it a week later, I called and inquired. They apologized and told me the unit that I was supposed to get failed their inspection and testing and they were just waiting for another open box unit to be available.

For my inconvenience, they offered me a brand spankin new unit for $130 ..... shipped. :-):-):-) Needless to say, I jumped on it. It took three days to reach my door. It now sits in the spare bedroom, filled with drawers, beads and sticks !

Compact Appliance rocks :-):-).
[Reply]
Ranger_B 02:51 PM 07-19-2011
Well it showed up today. I was a little concerned when I saw a hole in the side of the box but once I opened it I was relieved. Here are the pictures of the obvious scratches and dents.
Here is the front pic.

The first is the bottom left front door. Some deep scratching.

This is the top left front door. Just surface scratches.

This is the hinge side panel with small dent and scratch.

The only pic of a dent that I did not include is on the back but I could not get it to show up. Hope this helps anyone who wanted to see it.

I just did the initial clean with some oxyclean and windex to get the inspection stamps off the glass. Let it sit outside for an hour to dry and then did a baking soda wipe down. I now have some baking soda sitting in the unit while it runs to test the mechanics of the unit. So far it seems to be cooling ok. Room temp is 74 and the inside temp on the coldest setting is now at 55 after 2 hours running.

Got my beads in yesterday and have them in a cooler now. Any more advice on setting this up is more than welcomed.
Attached:
[Reply]
kydsid 04:21 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
Any more advice on setting this up is more than welcomed.
Plug the drain.
[Reply]
x man 12:55 AM 07-20-2011
Set the temp where you want it, 64, 66.
Yes plug the drain, i calked mine.
Put in some boxes, and beads and dont open it for a day or so.
Then take a reading. Keep a hygro inside one of the boxes and also
in the unit.
[Reply]
x man 09:10 AM 07-20-2011
Guys, CA changes everyday, new open box and dent items.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up