I was suppossed to make the two hour drive down for this this
morning, but plans changed:-)

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/2617241

hope to be able to make some
of the later releases
What happened, they sell out early Vic?
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:20 AM 03-27-2010
Vic, sorry that's not working out. I think the whole "limited release" thing has gotten out of hand. Getting tickets so I can stand in line and buy beer just doesn't make for much fun in my book. Surly's "Darkness Day" here in Minneapolis is the same way. I'm sure they are great beers, but I'm not interested in wrestling in line to be one of the first 800 people (in Surly's case) so I can buy their beer. For Three Floyds' Dark Lord Day, tickets were $20 each. Buy tickets to stand in line to buy beer? Not for me.
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:28 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
What happened, they sell out early Vic?
I got my weekly "can you help me with something" phone call :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:20 PM 03-27-2010
I just picked up a 4-pack of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. I'm enjoying a glass of it now. The first few sips I picked up on an awful metallic after taste. Future sips though were much more enjoyable. It's enjoyable but maybe a little too "burnt" tasting for my liking.
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:22 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
I just picked up a 4-pack of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. I'm enjoying a glass of it now. The first few sips I picked up on an awful metallic after taste. Future sips though were much more enjoyable. It's enjoyable but maybe a little too "burnt" tasting for my liking.

Not sure what temp you are drinking this at, but IMHO this beer needs to warm-up to be fully enjoyed.
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:42 AM 03-28-2010
Saw this posted up and thought it was interesting about the Founders KBS.

"KBS will be available in ten states: MI, OH, IN, IL, WI, MA, NJ, PA, NC, and SC."
[Reply]
MikeyC 01:30 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Not sure what temp you are drinking this at, but IMHO this beer needs to warm-up to be fully enjoyed.
Agreed! I drank that glass of beer pretty slowly and the warmer it got the better it tasted. By the end, I was definitely enjoying the beer. I wasn't blown away by it but it was good.
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:28 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:

"KBS will be available in ten states: MI, OH, IN, IL, WI, MA, NJ, PA, NC, and SC."
It's available in MN too.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 05:50 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:

I have it here.... :-)

I also got:
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:52 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Vic, sorry that's not working out. I think the whole "limited release" thing has gotten out of hand. Getting tickets so I can stand in line and buy beer just doesn't make for much fun in my book. Surly's "Darkness Day" here in Minneapolis is the same way. I'm sure they are great beers, but I'm not interested in wrestling in line to be one of the first 800 people (in Surly's case) so I can buy their beer. For Three Floyds' Dark Lord Day, tickets were $20 each. Buy tickets to stand in line to buy beer? Not for me.
I hear you Warren. I've never been to one of these brewery events, and thought I 'd check it out. Seems like an awful lot of trouble though.
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:54 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:

I also got:
What the ****? Well buy it up Tim and ship it to me, :-).........no seriously.........

no really seriously, :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:58 PM 03-29-2010
Today's MA run got me 3 bottles of the SN 30th Anniversary, 2 bottles of the Lost Abbey Angel's Share, a six pack of Founders Red Rye, and a growler of a local, Opa Opa Raspberry Wheat. It was a good trip. :-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 06:01 PM 03-29-2010
Damnit!
my shop is out of the KBS and just ran out of Surly Smoke...
-I guess they may get surly 4 tomorrow but my luck will be limited on actually getting any lol
[Reply]
BlackDog 06:27 PM 03-29-2010
You've still got Nemesis? That sold out in about 14 minutes here in MN. I consider myself rather lucky to have landed one 4 pack.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:10 PM 03-29-2010
Got three bombers of Sublimely Self-Righteous today. Thinking I should have bought more as I love that beer.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:14 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
You've still got Nemesis? That sold out in about 14 minutes here in MN. I consider myself rather lucky to have landed one 4 pack.
I'm going to go back and buy everything in that picture tomorrow.
@ $23/4pack, I'd appreciate any leads on nearby housing since my wife will have my ass!
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 07:23 PM 03-29-2010
Let me know if you ever need some Bank- and must part with a few :-)
[Reply]
mastershogun 09:26 PM 03-29-2010

I also got:
sweet nemesis... i wasn't able to get a hold of any. they sold out here in chicago very quickly. up for a trade?
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:36 PM 03-29-2010
Holy Crap Tim!!!!
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 05:24 PM 03-30-2010
Tonight's haul...
[Reply]
Page 16 of 111
« First < 6141516 17182666 > Last »
Up