Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>anyone stayed at "couples resort" in jamaica?
loki 08:41 AM 06-29-2010
The wife and I were kicking around the idea of a cruise when I got it through my thick head that we could save quite a bit if I sucked it up and went to a third world country. Has anyone stayed at this resort and if so what is there smoking policy and what was your overall feel of the place?
[Reply]
76GTFan 08:55 AM 06-29-2010
I have stayed at two of them. Swept Away in Negril and San Souci in Ocho Rios. They are top notch. Much better than Sandals. Depends on what you are looking for. Swept Away is more about fitness and healthy eating. Not that their isn't good food and drink, but they all have different themes. Swept Away is the favorite for my wife and I. Have to get back.
[Reply]
76GTFan 08:57 AM 06-29-2010
No smoking policy. In fact quite smoke friendly. One thing about Jamaica is there is smoke everywhere.:-)

Seriously though cigs and cigars are quite tolerated.
[Reply]
76GTFan 09:00 AM 06-29-2010
One thing I would recommend is to stay in Negril. Seven Mile Beach is one of the top rated beaches in the world. B E A utilful!!!
[Reply]
Wanger 09:11 AM 06-29-2010
No, but I know some people who have been to Hedonism. :-)
[Reply]
loki 09:16 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
No, but I know some people who have been to Hedonism. :-)
i like where your heads at

that's what she said
[Reply]
loki 09:18 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by LORD PUFFER:
I have stayed at two of them. Swept Away in Negril and San Souci in Ocho Rios. They are top notch. Much better than Sandals. Depends on what you are looking for. Swept Away is more about fitness and healthy eating. Not that their isn't good food and drink, but they all have different themes. Swept Away is the favorite for my wife and I. Have to get back.
yeah when I'm going on holiday, epically honeymoon, it's not to eat healthy....thanks for your help i'll pass it along to my wife.
[Reply]
ewipper 09:25 AM 06-29-2010
I go to Jamaica all of the time. Couples is lovely. Negril is also lovely. But you should look at Grand Lido, it's a bit more high end. I actually have a friend that owns a hotel on the beach in Negril and we go to Margaritaville to bake in the sun all day.

You should also look into Runaway Bay (they have a sick Hedo there), it's a bit closer to many of the attractions but not in the middle of dumpy Ocho Rios.
[Reply]
HK3- 09:42 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by LORD PUFFER:
Dang... I wish I knew this before hand. I'm leaving saturday morning for this place. :-)
[Reply]
loki 09:51 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Dang... I wish I knew this before hand. I'm leaving saturday morning for this place. :-)
this is why ya gota post before ya book :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:18 AM 06-29-2010
Just don't venture into town............alone............unarmed.......... ..etc.

Be ready to give everyone some "respect mon".
[Reply]
loki 10:33 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Just don't venture into town............alone............unarmed.......... ..etc.

Be ready to give everyone some "respect mon".
i have no plans to leave the resort for any reason....now if i could just bring my gun.....
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:38 AM 06-29-2010
Stayed at Couples in Ocho Rios. It was an awesome time!! No kids, no worries. The ride from Montego Bay to the resort was a trip in itself!

Enjoy and be careful.
[Reply]
ewipper 11:04 AM 06-29-2010
I would actually advise you to leave the resort a lot. PM me and I'll hook you up with some good tours. Jamaica outside of Kingston is very safe.
[Reply]
loki 11:12 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by ewipper:
I would actually advise you to leave the resort a lot. PM me and I'll hook you up with some good tours. Jamaica outside of Kingston is very safe.
once we decide where we're going i'll let you know. we're also looking at a place in st. thomas
[Reply]
forgop 11:22 AM 06-29-2010
If you're looking for something other than a resort, I'd recommend the place we stayed on our honeymoon in '99. http://www.jamaicavillavacation.com/...illas%204u.htm We stayed at the Columbus Heights location that gives you a great view over the rest of the city.

I think you'll find it's much less costly than an all-inclusive and you'll have a maid to prepare your meals, do your laundry, etc.
[Reply]
bigpedunn 08:14 PM 06-29-2010
Stayed at couples Negril and couples Swept Away also in Negril both resorts are cigar frendly. They have a cigar stand that sets up once or twice a week and also sell them in the gift shop. Couples resorts are the best, better that sandals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[Reply]
Big_Ern 09:19 PM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by ewipper:
I go to Jamaica all of the time. Couples is lovely. Negril is also lovely. But you should look at Grand Lido, it's a bit more high end.
we had our wedding at Grand Lido and it is not what it used to be since it changed to Grand Breezes. we have been there twice, and not on the high end anymore. Half of the resort cannot order room service. The company that does that pictures for them is a rip off!!!!!
[Reply]
loki 09:40 PM 06-29-2010
thanks guys, we're waiting till tomorrow to book to see what the weekly deal is. I'm also planning on getting my scuba cert while i'm there
[Reply]
76GTFan 10:24 PM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by loki:
once we decide where we're going i'll let you know. we're also looking at a place in st. thomas
Hey bro, if you are looking into the Virgin Islands, I highly recommend St. Johns. Totally more tropical environment than St. Thomas. My good buddy lives down there. I visited in March.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up