Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Edgestar Wine Cooler stopped cooling
poriggity 03:36 PM 09-02-2012
Well, I've had my Edgestar for almost 3 years to the day, and today, I opened it up and starting re-arranging some cigars, and noticed it was warm inside.. Not hot, but room temp. I don't know how long the unit has not been working, but it's WAY out of warranty at this point. That being said, luckily, I live in an area where temp control on my cigars is not really needed. I would still, however, like to see if there is a way to fix this. I am not real electrically inclined, but I am open to ideas. Am I the only one with this problem?
Scott
[Reply]
dwoodward 02:20 PM 09-03-2012
If the fan is still blowing and the inside of the unit isn't all clogged up with dust. chances are the peltier unit died. The good thing is that a new one only runs like 30 bucks online usually. There are some guides online to replace them. I'm on a time crunch out the door soon, but a quick google search should turn up results.

Good luck!
[Reply]
shilala 03:04 PM 09-03-2012
The Peltier coils on those little units are pretty much foolproof. The cheaply made circuit boards that drive the unit are what fry. Caps swell and go bad.
I'm pretty sure that's what Derrick meant, and he's right on the ball. You should be able to find a replacement board real cheap.
As he said, you want to make sure it's not either of the fans that are fried (inside and outside). They should both be spinning when the unit is calling for cooling. :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 11:48 AM 09-04-2012
The unit is plugged in, but the fans are not spinning, and the unit is not cooling... I guess I need to take a look at the Peltier unit.... It's not critical that it cools, as I don't live in an area that gets too warm. I would however LIKE it to work.
[Reply]
poriggity 09:15 PM 10-11-2012
Random, but I came home today, and the fan was on, and the light was on, and the edgestar was cool again. I don't know why its working, but I'm glad it is....
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 09:58 PM 10-11-2012
Might want to lay off the sauce a little... :-)
[Reply]
x man 11:55 PM 10-11-2012
The winedor elfs
[Reply]
Up