Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Official Shack Herf VIII Beer Tasting Thread
Blak Smyth 07:34 AM 07-19-2012
I am really liking this idea! I love beer, well some of it.
[Reply]
OLS 08:26 AM 07-19-2012
I PMed Ender to see if he will take delivery of the box if I order some tasting glasses and have them sent to
a shack attendee. So hopefully that minor detail will be attended to. I think people would drink out of cupped
hands to get a sip of some of that stuff.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 12:01 PM 07-19-2012
There are plenty of folks driving down that could accept a delivery I am sure... but we would all prefer hand delivery from you! Change your mind and get your a$$ up there...

This was a great time last year, I am still telling people about that sour that was tried. I will definitely sit around again this year!

What time did it start last year? Depending on what is brought maybe it should be an earlier start. Not that I contribute to the beers or have an opinion that really matters! LOL!
[Reply]
irratebass 12:05 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
That's the great thing Mickey, no knowledge is required, the guys that bring the beer have PLENTY of that.
All you need is taste buds and oddly enough, capacity. By the end of it you are getting full and drunk, lol.
Ok, I thought the concept was to contribute as well (which I can do, but again need some direction of what you guys like)

I will be there late Friday night and all day Sat, so maybe I shouldn't sign up.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 12:08 PM 07-19-2012
Not sure it is really a sign-up or not, more of a drop-by from what I recall. But I stand to be schooled...

I could contribute something from Canada LOL, how's about a nice Labatt Blue... beer here sucks...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:14 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Ok, I thought the concept was to contribute as well (which I can do, but again need some direction of what you guys like)

I will be there late Friday night and all day Sat, so maybe I shouldn't sign up.
I don't think we want to sample PBR Mickey :-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:39 PM 07-19-2012
Everybody who wants to play should be able to find something in their local stores that would be of interest to the rest. I know I wouldn't drink everyone's beer unless I had something to contribute, but that's me.

Jeff, bring that 9% Labatts, that should be fun. :-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 12:46 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Everybody who wants to play should be able to find something in their local stores that would be of interest to the rest. I know I wouldn't drink everyone's beer unless I had something to contribute, but that's me.

Jeff, bring that 9% Labatts, that should be fun. :-)
That's just gross Tom...

Oh I will bring something, it will just be, uh, not wonderful!
[Reply]
OLS 02:06 PM 07-19-2012
Ok, I thought the concept was to contribute as well
Like Tom said, that IS the general concept, I just forgot that last year I brought the souvenir glasses, lol.
What's that the kid says in Stand By Me? "Hey, I brought the COMB."
But I had no craft beer anyway, I am not a beer drinker, but I was being drawn in to a certain extent.
[Reply]
357 02:08 PM 07-19-2012
I would like to be in this, but my beer knowledge is null & void, I have been thinking about trying other beers, there is a store down the street that has a vast selection of beers I have never had and will let you fill up a 6pack with singles.

I think I will take a pic and let you guys see what I am talking about and see any of these are good to join in the fun.
I'm in a similar boat. I am not a beer drinker; I'm mostly a gin drinker. However, I've come to like the taste of some of the micro brews; not unlike how I've come to enjoy 'sipping rum' on occasion. Is there anything local to Michigan anyone has a hankering for? I'd like to join the tasting but I dont want to come empty handed.
[Reply]
OLS 02:10 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
Not sure it is really a sign-up or not, more of a drop-by from what I recall. But I stand to be schooled....
Like Jeff said, no one signed up, we all just talked about it for a few months to help us get through
the time, and then when it was time to do it, Hootie came up to me and said, 'Hey dude, we're having
the Beer Tasting', lol. Might have been Ben, who knows.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:12 PM 07-19-2012
Bells, Founders, New Holland and other Michigan breweries do some limited release stuff, Mike, you should be able to locate some of that relatively easily. :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 02:30 PM 07-19-2012
I am down with tasting some beer. I need to go into the beer closet and see what I can bring.
[Reply]
stearns 03:30 PM 07-19-2012
brad, i'm more than happy to take delivery of glasses and drive them up there if you need.

last year i didn't even realize it was going on so i did not bring anything exciting. i plan on making up for it this year :-). just bring a bottle of something you enjoy, i got to try so many things i had never heard of last year, it really helped me form an idea of what i like and don't like in beer. i'll let everyone know now, most of my contributions will be dark, but there's nothing wrong with something a little lighter.

no sign up lists are necessary, we'll do our best to make it known to everybody who enjoys some good brews when it is starting
[Reply]
coach 03:30 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
I am down with tasting some beer. I need to go into the beer closet and see what I can bring.

look behind Tom's dresses.......................:-):-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 04:08 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by coach:
He does look good in his dresses but only on Sundays when he goes to church!! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:19 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by coach:
There they are, right behind's Coach's tampons. :-)
[Reply]
LockOut 06:46 PM 07-19-2012
Brad skip the glasses and use the money to fund yourself to shack. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 07:10 PM 07-19-2012
OH it's not a money issue per se....I have a ton of cash, I just don't want to spend it. :-)
[Reply]
Ender 10:10 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
Brad skip the glasses and use the money to fund yourself to shack. :-)
I agree wholeheartedly! BUT I happily replied and will definitely help out.

I'll be in Minneapolis the week before Shack weekend and hope to include a couple growlers from microbreweries there. At first I didn't think I would because of them not keeping for the few days on the road but then Christos was like "bring a cooler and keep adding ice :-)". Then I was like :-) :-). Just a forewarning, they will probably be stouts....mmmm stout:-)

Side note: Went to a beer dinner/tap take over with Christos and Asian Andrew (for those who remember, I'm Canadian Andrew) with Founders brewery tonight. They do have really good beer and would be a welcome addition to the beer tasting if anyone from Michigan can score some of the rare stuff like KBS, CBS, Devil Dancer, Frangelic Mountain Brown. I'm bringing a CBS that Christos and I stood in line 10+ hours for at the brewery. I can't wait to share.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
Up