Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Official Shack Herf VIII Beer Tasting Thread
Patrick B 08:27 PM 08-15-2012
Nice, Kristin. One of the ones I need to try! Grabbed a few more bottles today, including some pumpkin beers.

When is the official tasting? Saturday?
[Reply]
357 08:54 PM 08-15-2012
I picked up a few bottles. I hope someone likes them. See y'all tomorrow.
[Reply]
stearns 09:11 PM 08-15-2012
i was thinking friday afternoon, perhaps finishing around dinner time, or beginning shortly after dinner. thoughts?
[Reply]
Ender 09:21 PM 08-15-2012
My vote for after dinner.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:08 PM 08-15-2012
After dinner Friday
[Reply]
irratebass 04:09 AM 08-16-2012
Saturday ALL DAY is my answer :-)
[Reply]
stearns 05:39 AM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
After dinner Friday
after dinner friday it is (and of course all of saturday as well :-))
[Reply]
Patrick B 05:59 AM 08-16-2012
Yeah I don't see us being able to get through all this beer awesomeness in one sitting. :-)
[Reply]
pnutbutrsangwich 06:31 AM 08-16-2012
IDK... We did a pretty damn good job last year lol
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:31 AM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Yeah I don't see us being able to get through all this beer awesomeness in one sitting. :-)
Challenge accepted. SUIT UP! :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 07:52 AM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Challenge accepted. SUIT UP! :-)
As long I have some food in my belly (which doesn't sound like will be a problem) then I am up for it....I don't plan to get like Devan drunk though :-)
[Reply]
drevim 09:56 PM 08-19-2012
You guys did an amazing job. From a true Neophytes prospective, there were some damn tasty beers. Think I may go hunting, and see if I can't find some of the easier to find beers.
[Reply]
OLS 07:25 AM 08-20-2012
Wow, I got so hammered one half ounce at a time! I had a great weekend with my fellow
Shackers. I enjoyed every beer except one of the ones I brought which was just awful.
That Cherry item was the bee's knees fo sho. I also loved Kristen's soy sauce and The
Dark Lord from I am guessing Hootie and the CBS from Ben. All the other beers were great
but I just fell down by not pre-tasting that Abita and realizing how awful it was. It could
have also been a bad bottle, but I see people hammering it here and there, so I doubt it.
Beer kept coming from places I never saw it coming. Saturday Stearns made the error
of letting me have some of his various bottles he would open, and we were paired
together in the tourney, and I suck at that game to begin with. LOTS OF MOJITOS, too,
I think we should have a tasting of those next year...."This one tastes just like the last
one....but who cares", lol.
[Reply]
stearns 08:13 AM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Wow, I got so hammered one half ounce at a time! I had a great weekend with my fellow
Shackers. I enjoyed every beer except one of the ones I brought which was just awful.
That Cherry item was the bee's knees fo sho. I also loved Kristen's soy sauce and The
Dark Lord from I am guessing Hootie and the CBS from Ben. All the other beers were great
but I just fell down by not pre-tasting that Abita and realizing how awful it was. It could
have also been a bad bottle, but I see people hammering it here and there, so I doubt it.
Beer kept coming from places I never saw it coming. Saturday Stearns made the error
of letting me have some of his various bottles he would open, and we were paired
together in the tourney, and I suck at that game to begin with. LOTS OF MOJITOS, too,
I think we should have a tasting of those next year...."This one tastes just like the last
one....but who cares", lol.
you are mistaken brad, if they were my cbs i would have found a cave somewhere and sipped the whole damn bottle to myself one one ounce pour at a time. it was a couple of the more selfless brothers that contributed those. thank you to everyone for bringing some good bottles, definitely doesn't make my "what should i try to find next" list any easier to tackle
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 08:48 AM 08-20-2012
Wow, an amazing beer tasting again. Thank you everyone for letting me sample your beers. My 2012 Dark Lord was amazing after being open for a half hour and warmer. Thanks Hootie for finding it. :-)

Until next year boys!!
[Reply]
Ender 04:31 PM 08-20-2012
Man, I really enjoyed the beer tasting. Great group of people around the table for sure. So, I guess Christos and I will have to camp out again if Founders releases CBS again. We were near the door in a line of 100's. Glad it was enjoyed.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 10:14 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by Ender:
Man, I really enjoyed the beer tasting. Great group of people around the table for sure. So, I guess Christos and I will have to camp out again if Founders releases CBS again. We were near the door in a line of 100's. Glad it was enjoyed.
Hoots and I will join ya!!
[Reply]
357 11:32 AM 08-21-2012
Thanks for letting me join in. I really enjoyed it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
Up