Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 82 of 199
« First < 3272808182 838492132182 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
yourchoice 02:29 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
My wife does some arts & crafts at home and recently discovered that the Booker's case is the perfect size to hold her spools of ribbon. The other night she came to me and said "Honey, you need to buy some more Booker's as I have about 20 more spools of ribbon that I need a box for." "How many do you need?" I replied. She said "One will probably do it but you should get two just to be on the safe side."

So damn the bad luck, I need to pick up two bottles of Booker's. Not because I enjoy it, of course, but only to help my wife get her crafts organized. :-)

That's awesome! Trying to figure out a way to make my wife come to the same realization!
[Reply]
Flynnster 03:36 PM 10-07-2015
Stopped by Binny's perhaps the best store in the world, for some beers for tonight's Cub's game and to get a new bourbon for sipping.

Usually I go for something new or more out there, but a bottle of Maker's Mark for $22 is hard to pass up!!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:00 AM 10-15-2015
I picked up a couple of "ribbon holders" for my wife. The bottles of bourbon inside are a bonus for me. :-)

[Reply]
nutcracker 04:39 PM 10-15-2015
Right now I'm sitting in rural Wisconsin on holiday, sipping some Woodford Reserve and smoking a Peterson Meer packed with GLP Gaslight.

It is a sublime Autumn tradition that clears the head and steadies the heart.

Delicious

You Yankees do some things right. ( OK so the pipe is Irish - I can live with that)
[Reply]
Ken 10:08 AM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
My wife does some arts & crafts at home and recently discovered that the Booker's case is the perfect size to hold her spools of ribbon. ......I picked up a couple of "ribbon holders" for my wife. The bottles of bourbon inside are a bonus for me. :-)
That's actually pretty cool and a nice way to reuse an item that has character.

I've kept a box as well, so I think our house needs stackable spice racks.

---------------------------------------------------------
Saturday at a poker tourney I had a few fingers of W.L. Weller Antique. Always a good pour and some ice chilled the 107.

For the Sunday night game I cracked open a bottle of Ezra 101. This was good before I put in some ice. When I drink on the rocks, I always need the first to be neat. The proof comes without a punch, the nose is nice, good thick feel to the bourbon with some nutty & vanilla notes. The finish was warm and peppery without a burn. This bourbon delivers without a hefty $$.

[Reply]
Theo Cincy 05:49 PM 11-02-2015

Four Roses limited edition 2015 small batch
Elijah Craig 18yr
Mitchter's Tosted signed by their master distiller
Bottle of Thomas Handy Saz Rye 2015 (not pictured) will be given to a good cigar brother.
Great bourbon scores. Lucky finds!
[Reply]
big pete 04:37 PM 11-05-2015
Killer finds! I'm crossing my fingers to find a bottle of FR SmB LE and any of the BTAC
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:32 PM 11-05-2015
I went to a conference in DC a couple weeks ago and hit some fancy bars near the hotel. Tried out Noah's Mill. wow, amazing stuff. If the opportunity presents itself, go for it
[Reply]
CigarSquid 04:35 PM 11-06-2015
Has anyone had the jack daniels single barrel ducks unlimited?

Can you tell me more about it?

I was just given a bottle of this.. and I am not a JD, like the regular one, fan at all.
[Reply]
Gabe215 04:45 PM 11-07-2015
I started a thread with a bourbon question Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare if everyone here could leave their input there it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone!
[Reply]
jonumberone 07:14 AM 11-08-2015
Started drinking and buying Bourbon about a year ago.
Many of these bottles were recent gifts.
My favorites are Bulliet, Angels Envy, Four Roses Small batch.
I also really like the Bowman Brothers.

[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 08:31 AM 11-08-2015
I am very novice when it comes to bourbon. I am more of a scotch and rum drinker. I ruined bourbon for myself with Jim Beam. However, recently my interest in bourbons was piqued when I stumbled on Lexington bourbon. Not high dollar, but IMO the flavor is much better than Jim Beam (which is all I have to compare it to) and it seems much less harsh.

With that said, I had Jim Beam rye with my brother-in-law, and I thought it was pretty fantastic--but it probably is just un-honed ability to taste.
[Reply]
smokin5 10:30 AM 11-08-2015
For those who like Bulleit bourbon (and rye), and belong to Costco,
check out your local store for this great deal - hopefully it's there -
buy three 1.75 liters of Bulleit bourbon and/or rye, get $7 off each ($21 total)

Just purchased 2 bourbons & a rye (1.75 L) for $27 each!
That's about the cost of a 750ml bottle in most local stores.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 03:58 PM 11-22-2015
Got the pleasure of trying this recently.
[Reply]
Dave128 07:58 AM 11-23-2015
Nice looking specimen. The bottle of hooch looks pretty good, too.
[Reply]
Brlesq 08:26 AM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Nice looking specimen. The bottle of hooch looks pretty good, too.
Yup, that's where my mind went as well. Us Upstate NY boys are always thinking of ways to keep warm during those cold winters! :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 08:36 AM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by Brlesq:
Yup, that's where my mind went as well. Us Upstate NY boys are always thinking of ways to keep warm during those cold winters! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 01:14 AM 11-24-2015
That was a nice background to enjoy some great food and drink!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:35 AM 11-24-2015
Looking For A Very Sweet, Smooth, Relatively Cheap Bourbon That I Can Drink Straight. Similar To Zaya Rum. I've Tried Maker's, Blanton's, Eagle Rare 10, Angel's Envy, But They're Not Sweet And Smooth Enough For My Taste. I've Heard "Pappy's" Is The Best, But Very Difficult & Expensive To Obtain. Suggestions? Thanks!:-):-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 04:44 AM 11-24-2015
Woodford Reserve.
Yum
[Reply]
Page 82 of 199
« First < 3272808182 838492132182 > Last »
Up