Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 98 of 270
« First < 4888969798 99100108148198 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
dadof3illinois 07:41 PM 04-26-2011
We love the legs but always cook them seperate from the rest of the bird. We pull the legs out when they reach 150 degrees, wrap them in foil and set aside until the breast is done.
During football season we'll cook 150 turkey legs for each home football game along with two 120 qt coolers full of pork burgers, brats, hot dogs and chicken breasts. We do that on Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays!!!!! Almost all of the food is donated so all the money we raise goes into the football fund.
Those are some long days on the grill!!!!!!
[Reply]
forgop 09:03 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by dadof3illinois:
We love the legs but always cook them seperate from the rest of the bird. We pull the legs out when they reach 150 degrees, wrap them in foil and set aside until the breast is done.
During football season we'll cook 150 turkey legs for each home football game along with two 120 qt coolers full of pork burgers, brats, hot dogs and chicken breasts. We do that on Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays!!!!! Almost all of the food is donated so all the money we raise goes into the football fund.
Those are some long days on the grill!!!!!!
Holy schnikes!!!
[Reply]
forgop 08:56 AM 04-28-2011
So, my iQue 110 arrived today. Gonna assemble it and then it appears that I have a window tonight and tomorrow where it's not supposed to rain believe it or not.
[Reply]
wayner123 10:54 AM 04-28-2011
I have only done spatchcock for a Turkey on the smoker. It turned out great imo. At 300 F, the 11lb bird was done in 3 hours. Probably could have pulled it before that even. I'll post some pics tonight.
[Reply]
Stevez 11:32 AM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
So, my iQue 110 arrived today. Gonna assemble it and then it appears that I have a window tonight and tomorrow where it's not supposed to rain believe it or not.
Duane, sorry if I missed it, or if I'm plain just ignorant, but what is an "iQue 110"?
[Reply]
forgop 11:55 AM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Duane, sorry if I missed it, or if I'm plain just ignorant, but what is an "iQue 110"?
Read several good reviews of it on BBQ Bretheren. It'll make me less inclined to feel the need to babysit my WSM, especially on an overnight cook.

http://pitmasteriq.com/iQue-110.html
[Reply]
Stevez 06:29 PM 04-28-2011
Read several good reviews of it on BBQ Bretheren. It'll make me less inclined to feel the need to babysit my WSM, especially on an overnight cook.

Thanks. I've never heard of that one before, but have heard of the stokers. Let us know how it works. Been thinking of investing in one, but they have always seemed high for me for how I cook. I've done 3 or 4 overnighters and not needed one, but maybe good insurance.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 06:35 PM 04-28-2011
Doing a pork butt and a brisket on Saturday. I'll post pics when I get them.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:22 PM 04-28-2011

So, do I hook that hose up to the car exhaust or what?:-)

Looks interesting Duane and fill us in on the results please...

[Reply]
forgop 07:54 PM 04-28-2011
As of about 9:45pm tonight, 2 pork butts and 2 pork spare ribs are on the smoker. :-)
[Reply]
nofeardiver 08:04 PM 04-28-2011
Man i am dying to cook something, right now at 10pm...lol
[Reply]
688sonarmen 08:13 PM 04-28-2011
All night smoke, I'm loving it!
[Reply]
TonySmith 06:51 PM 04-29-2011
Brisket on low now. Two whole chickens and 3 racks of ribs for early
tomorrow
[Reply]
markem 07:01 PM 04-29-2011
Chicken breasts with Penzey's Arizona Dreamin spice rub. 5 hours of smoke so far and will bring it up to about 400 to finish them off in about a half hour. Corn on the cob to go with.

Probably will do baby backs tomorrow.
[Reply]
forgop 07:01 PM 04-29-2011
The spare ribs were great. I was eating off of one when it was still literally burning my mouth. I can't wait to fire up some more of these. It's looking like I'm going to have to get some sort of rib rack because it stinks only getting 2 per rack on the WSM22.
[Reply]
forgop 07:04 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by markem:
Chicken breasts with Penzey's Arizona Dreamin spice rub. 5 hours of smoke so far and will bring it up to about 400 to finish them off in about a half hour. Corn on the cob to go with.

Probably will do baby backs tomorrow.
Not sure if I'm ever gonna do any baby backs. I think the spare ribs are great and half the price of the baby backs, but that's just my opinion.
[Reply]
T.G 07:09 PM 04-29-2011
The spare ribs were great. I was eating off of one when it was still literally burning my mouth. I can't wait to fire up some more of these. It's looking like I'm going to have to get some sort of rib rack because it stinks only getting 2 per rack on the WSM22.
Sounds like you're laying them flat. Roll them up, run a bamboo skewer through them and stand them on end. Should be able to get about 4-6 per grate that way.
[Reply]
forgop 07:18 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Sounds like you're laying them flat. Roll them up, run a bamboo skewer through them and stand them on end. Should be able to get about 4-6 per grate that way.
I'm still a newb with this smoking/WSM thing. I was just looking at the racks on amazon, but don't know if they're thick enough to handle spare ribs.

I did pick up some nice sized bags of apple, oak, and hickory chunks today at Meijer though. Can't wait to fire this thing up again already.
[Reply]
T.G 07:29 PM 04-29-2011
I'm still a newb with this smoking/WSM thing. I was just looking at the racks on amazon, but don't know if they're thick enough to handle spare ribs.

I did pick up some nice sized bags of apple, oak, and hickory chunks today at Meijer though. Can't wait to fire this thing up again already.
We were all newbs once. Heck, for years I cooked ribs flat before someone told me about the skewer method for when I needed more capacity on the grates. As for the amazon racks, I have no clue what their capacity is.

Sweet pickup on the wood - you should easily be able to taste the differences between those three woods. From there it's just figuring out what wood(s) you like with what meats.
[Reply]
markem 07:41 PM 04-29-2011
Not sure if I'm ever gonna do any baby backs. I think the spare ribs are great and half the price of the baby backs, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for sharing :-)
[Reply]
Page 98 of 270
« First < 4888969798 99100108148198 > Last »
Up