Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 62 of 138
« First < 1252606162 636472112 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
mfarre03 07:13 PM 05-16-2011
Ok, I keep hearing about guys making trades and buying stuff on here but I can't for the life of me find where, lol. Is there an area hidden from these newb eyes? How do I unlock this magical place...???
Thanks,
Mike
[Reply]
bobarian 07:48 PM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by mfarre03:
Ok, I keep hearing about guys making trades and buying stuff on here but I can't for the life of me find where, lol. Is there an area hidden from these newb eyes? How do I unlock this magical place...???
Thanks,
Mike
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14254

The stickies at the top of each subsection are a wealth of information. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:48 PM 05-16-2011
Thanks,
Mike
Patience and participation. :-)

It doesn't take long with those.
[Reply]
mfarre03 08:54 PM 05-16-2011
Thanks Bob, I already had my cherry popped there with my first trade.

So Tom, your saying there is such a place...lol. Ok
[Reply]
icehog3 09:31 PM 05-16-2011
Thanks Bob, I already had my cherry popped there with my first trade.

So Tom, your saying there is such a place...lol. Ok
Won't be long for you, Mike, trust me. :-)
[Reply]
Chris. 04:27 AM 05-17-2011
What do you do when a cigar's draw is too loose? So loose that a normal puff would cause the smoke to be harsh; keeping you from enjoying the cigar...
[Reply]
nayslayer 04:53 AM 05-17-2011
Chris, I don't know of much you can do at that point. Besides being rolled improperly, it may be dry. This is why people do a predraw on the cigar. You have more options for a plugged, or loose cigar before you set it on fire.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:38 AM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by Chris.:
What do you do when a cigar's draw is too loose? So loose that a normal puff would cause the smoke to be harsh; keeping you from enjoying the cigar...
Draw delicately or pitch it and light another one.
[Reply]
mfarre03 07:21 AM 05-17-2011
I vote on pitching it, just sucks when the damn things loose, just don't get the right flavor.
[Reply]
Chris. 09:42 AM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Draw delicately or pitch it and light another one.
I'm with you here. But drawing delicately usually causes burn issues for me. Usually won't stay lit that way.
[Reply]
simplechords 11:46 AM 05-18-2011
Hello all!. I had gotten into cigar smoking a few years ago, but made the stupid choice of starting to smoke cigarettes. I basically completely stopped smoking cigars for 4 years. I finally quit smoking cigs 2 months ago, and now that its getting warmer, i'd like to get back into cigars again. I'm just a little overwhelmed by all the choices! I all ready have my humidor re-seasoned, my hygrometer calibrated, so I just need some sticks to get started!

Can anyone give me any suggestions on where to get started? I remember a few cigars I really liked. I believe my 2 favorites where a monticristo white, and a CAO black. Maybe recommend a good sampler. Thanks in advance.
bonjing 11:59 AM 05-18-2011
Welcome!

I'd say take a look at the reviews section and also try whatever catches your eye.
[Reply]
chachee52 05:47 PM 05-18-2011
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Welcome!

I'd say take a look at the reviews section and also try whatever catches your eye.
I still do this!! Also go to a local B&M and if they are good and nice ask what they are enjoying for a regular stick. I've had some really good sticks that way.
[Reply]
smokepuff 06:36 AM 05-25-2011
What type of wrapper is usually the sticks that have a very spicy flavor. The more I smoke the more I notice that I love that spice flavor more and more. Often times wishing other cigars had that flavor.

My question is how can one tell if a cigar has this type of flavor, is there a certain wrapper/filler that has this flavor?

Just asking so I can stock up on this type of stick as my everyday smoke.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 07:45 AM 05-25-2011
Not as much info as you're looking for, but Don Pepin Garcia sticks are usually described as being spicy.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:53 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by smokepuff:
What type of wrapper is usually the sticks that have a very spicy flavor. The more I smoke the more I notice that I love that spice flavor more and more. Often times wishing other cigars had that flavor.

My question is how can one tell if a cigar has this type of flavor, is there a certain wrapper/filler that has this flavor?

Just asking so I can stock up on this type of stick as my everyday smoke.
Spiciness is usually associated with Nicaraguan tobacco and to a somewhat lesser extent Honduran. But there are many shades of grey and about a million manufacturers/blenders using Nicaraguan tobacco. So the best thing is to try as many different brands/blends as you can and then start to focus. Dont go too overboard with a single brand, you may find in 6-12months your tastes have changed and you have a pile of smokes that no longer suit your palate. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:13 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Spiciness is usually associated with Nicaraguan tobacco and to a somewhat lesser extent Honduran. But there are many shades of grey and about a million manufacturers/blenders using Nicaraguan tobacco. So the best thing is to try as many different brands/blends as you can and then start to focus. Dont go too overboard with a single brand, you may find in 6-12months your tastes have changed and you have a pile of smokes that no longer suit your palate. :-)
I Agree!:-)
[Reply]
smokepuff 08:04 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:08 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by simplechords:
snip
I believe my 2 favorites where a monticristo white, and a CAO black. Maybe recommend a good sampler.
/snip
From those two, I make a suggestion to try a Rocky Patel blend called American Market Selection that, I believe, is sold solely through Famous.
To this day, I still always keep at least 5 on hand.
[Reply]
sparkboss 04:36 PM 05-31-2011
so i've recently seen on the backs of my boveda packs that they should be replaced every 2-3 months, but since they're rechargable and could be run ragged for a longer time this surprised me! is this just a suggestion saying that you should replace them IF you dont recharge them, or no matter? thanks!! :-)

~Mr. Sparkboss.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 138
« First < 1252606162 636472112 > Last »
Up