Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 49 of 199
« First < 39474849 50515999149 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
smokin5 09:12 PM 03-29-2011
Has anyone tried the Costco Kirkland Bourbon yet?
Just read about it today. 7 years old, 103 proof,
about $20/liter. Rumor has it it's Jim Beam made.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:49 PM 04-02-2011
Just started on some Elijah Craig. Bought some for bbq sauce the other week and cracked it for some drinks tonight. Very nice, especially for $20 :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 09:05 PM 04-02-2011
Originally Posted by smokin5:
a twitter buddy said it was ok....
[Reply]
BengalMan 12:11 PM 04-06-2011
Just picked up a bottle of extremely limited first run Angel's Envy which is made by famed distiller Lincoln Henderson. Going to crack it open and have a little later this week, will let you know how it is. Info can be found here:
http://www.bbqandbourbon.com/2011/03...emium-bourbon/
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:22 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by smokin5:
Bought it. Had a sip or 2 neat. Good flavors, a little hot, I need to try it with a splash to see how it opens up, and then maybe with a cube before passing judgment overall. A little raisin-y aroma, and oak and vanilla to me, with a sniff as I look at the bottle for you.
So far, I think it will be well worth the 20 bucks.

It is distilled and bottled by "The Clear Spring Distilling Co. Clermont frankfort KY."
[Reply]
Wanger 12:55 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Bought it. Had a sip or 2 neat. Good flavors, a little hot, I need to try it with a splash to see how it opens up, and then maybe with a cube before passing judgment overall. A little raisin-y aroma, and oak and vanilla to me, with a sniff as I look at the bottle for you.
So far, I think it will be well worth the 20 bucks.

It is distilled and bottled by "The Clear Spring Distilling Co. Clermont frankfort KY."
Just did a quick search...that's the Jim Beam Distillery, apparently.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:02 PM 04-06-2011
It is also where the aliens landed.
[Reply]
Aero95 01:38 PM 04-06-2011
Just got a few bottles of A.H. Hirsch 16 and trying to decide if I want to open a bottle up or not right now.
[Reply]
Wanger 01:49 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
It is also where the aliens landed.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
shemp 03:16 PM 04-06-2011
bought the kirkland borboun, and for $20.00 it is very nice. Over a cube is the best i think, but even neet it is decent. It is much better than many other equivelant low end burbouns out there. I would put it on a playing field with buffalo trace or makers.
[Reply]
Frodo 01:35 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by aero95:
Just got a few bottles of A.H. Hirsch 16 and trying to decide if I want to open a bottle up or not right now.
WOW! A peice of American distilling history no doubt. Wish I could get some for a reasonable price although I think those days are gone...
[Reply]
macsauce13 01:41 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by aero95:
All I have to do now is find a good restaurant in the Lexington area.

Check out:

Malones
Sal's
[Reply]
smokin5 01:45 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by shemp:
bought the kirkland borboun, and for $20.00 it is very nice. Over a cube is the best i think, but even neet it is decent. It is much better than many other equivelant low end burbouns out there. I would put it on a playing field with buffalo trace or makers.
I've been curious about picking up some of this.
But since my Costco's selling Makers Mark ("Mother's Milk")
for $29/1.75 Liter, I haven't seen a reason yet.
[Reply]
Ken 09:06 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Been wondering about the Willett. Nice bottle. My sister's store in Tennessee has it in, and I have been thinking about getting her to hold me a bottle. Think I'll tell her to go ahead.
Originally Posted by 76GTFan:
Well here goes. Couldn't resist trying.
What say you two? It comes in a nice looking package but the juice stands up to the image on my taste buds.

Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Last bottle of Buffalo Trace I got was $19.95. What is better at that price point?
Have you had Weller Special Reserve or 4 Roses Small Batch? Both are pretty darn good especially at their price; WSR $13-16 & 4RSB $22ish. I've been drinking more of the Weller SR because it's good and the price is just hard to pass up for what you get.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:16 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by Ken:
What say you two? It comes in a nice looking package but the juice stands up to the image on my taste buds.

Have you had Weller Special Reserve or 4 Roses Small Batch? Both are pretty darn good especially at their price; WSR $13-16 & 4RSB $22ish. I've been drinking more of the Weller SR because it's good and the price is just hard to pass up for what you get.
Ken

I haven't opened the bottle yet. I've got four different bottles of bourbon open already. I need to finish at least two of them off before I open any new bottles.

I've had Weller's (had a glass a week ago), as well as 4 roses. Don't currently have any in my collection. Nothing against either of these, I just don't currently have the room!!
[Reply]
Bill86 09:27 PM 04-07-2011
I was wondering about the Weller Special Reserve, it seemed too cheap. $17 at my local means probably 14-15 in the city. I didn't buy it. I might have to try it though. I love the William Larue Weller 67.4% :-) 134.8 proof :-)
[Reply]
Barcode 11:53 PM 04-07-2011
Just picked up a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel will have to try it this weekend. :-)
[Reply]
Frodo 06:23 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I was wondering about the Weller Special Reserve, it seemed too cheap. $17 at my local means probably 14-15 in the city. I didn't buy it. I might have to try it though. I love the William Larue Weller 67.4% :-) 134.8 proof :-)
If this is the 107 proof bottling, I loved it a while back. Unbelievable value for the coin. Wish we could still get it up here...
[Reply]
BengalMan 09:59 AM 04-08-2011
The Weller 107 is a fantastic bourbon. There are many amazing value bourbons out there, don't let price fool you.

Barcode, the Knob Creek Single Barrel is a nice upgrade from the standard Knob for sure.
[Reply]
Ken 11:28 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I haven't opened the bottle yet. I've got four different bottles of bourbon open already. I need to finish at least two of them off before I open any new bottles.
Ha, doesn't look like a bad problemat all. The only issue I had with my Willett was that it was a 1.75l and it just didn't last as long as I'd hoped. Hope you enjoy yours.

Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I was wondering about the Weller Special Reserve, it seemed too cheap.
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
There are many amazing value bourbons out there, don't let price fool you.
Yep, you can't always judge a bourbon by the sticker. The WSR is good stuff. I even prefer it over the Antique 107. I enjoy the taste of the 4 Roses SB compared to the Single Barrell, which sames me money. There's a lot of value to being a bourbon drinker.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 199
« First < 39474849 50515999149 > Last »
Up