Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Good Eats>I'm going to kill and eat my co-workers pet
SixPackSunday 08:14 PM 03-18-2009
still waiting to get the final go ahead to pick this thing up. as soon as I have it, and i mean as SOON, you all will have pictures!
[Reply]
hotreds 08:18 PM 03-18-2009
Remember:

[Reply]
Sailchaser 08:38 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Remember:

Serve that with whip cream and I'm Happy for life:-):-)
[Reply]
Sr Mike 09:10 PM 03-18-2009
When I read "chain it...to a tree" and "killing the bastard", I lost all respect for you bro. I honestly have no problems with eating any animal, like an alligator, but you need to learn to respect it. You want to fatten it up, but without learning to care for it, the gator will die before you get a chance to have it as a meal.

Chain it to a tree? Are you really that retarded? You have serious issues thinking it is okay to just chain it to a tree. That is animal cruelty.

My first thought when I read those words from you were "I hope you get bit".

This is Bubba (died of a bladder infection at 17 years of age), and his owner. He has met Steve Irwin who never thought an alligator can be tamed:
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 09:19 PM 03-18-2009
Sr Mike, while I appreciate your caring thoughts towards animals you have obviously missed the sarcasm in this thread.

I will not be chaining it to a tree, but is that different than putting a dog on a leash (not animal cruelty last i checked)? it will actually be in a large cage out back. I figured its the best thing I can do for it short of putting a small lake in my backyard for it.

I do still plan on killing 'the bastard' but after talking to somebody on the forum that has raised alligators before I am going to try and get my local vet to put it down with a shot for me. If not he said that at that size a solid slug should put it down easy enough.

I wont own the thing long enough to actually fatten it up, but if you like I'll give it a proper name, let it celebrate a birthday, and maybe let it sign up for an internet dating site before I do kill it.

also, in the picture, which one of them has met steve? :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:23 PM 03-18-2009
Hmm, something ironic about a self proclaimed "gangsta" being upset about an aligator's treatment.........
[Reply]
GKitty 09:36 PM 03-18-2009
This thread just keeps getting better!!!

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
AllOGistics 09:46 PM 03-18-2009
I'm all for eating alligator.... I'm just glad you put "pet" at the end of your thread title.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 09:56 PM 03-18-2009
I did not read much sarcasm in your posts. Go ahead and name it, share a birthday, heck have play dates with other alligators.
[Reply]
LordOfWu 09:58 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by GKitty:
This thread just keeps getting better!!!

:-) :-) :-)
:-)
[Reply]
kzm007 10:02 PM 03-18-2009
I'm jealous SP; we don't get much gator over here in PA. I'm crazy about a lot of cooked meats and jerky, the more exotic the better, and I overpaid for some FL gator sticks online and loved 'em.

Stuff's too costly for a college boy though.

Hope you enjoy Al at least :-) Kegan
[Reply]
rizzle 01:19 PM 03-19-2009
And here I was thinking this thread had died.
[Reply]
bonjing 09:21 PM 03-19-2009
gotta ask, how do you know when you're eating real gator or fake? is there a gator substitute?
[Reply]
ade06 09:28 PM 03-19-2009
There must be a difference between on-line gater and what you can get at the B&M.
[Reply]
bonjing 09:42 PM 03-19-2009

no, i'm asking seriously.

I was at a crawdad festival and my friend asked me to pick him up some gator. So when i brought it to him, he asked how do you know you didn't get ripped off. it just tasted like firm chicken.
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 10:45 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
gotta ask, how do you know when you're eating real gator or fake? is there a gator substitute?
I feel strongly I'm getting real gator, because i'm getting an actual live gator. Unless my coworker is selling me a chicken in a gator suit. :-)

Originally Posted by ade06:
There must be a difference between on-line gater and what you can get at the B&M.
:-):-):-):

I was at a crawdad festival and my friend asked me to pick him up some gator. So when i brought it to him, he asked how do you know you didn't get ripped off. it just tasted like firm chicken.
hmm... Now I will have to inspect the 'gator' to make sure it actually isnt a chicken in a gator costume!
[Reply]
macpappy 05:30 AM 03-20-2009

Was it on a stick? I've had some "Gator on a Stick" made by someone I trust and it did sort of taste like firm chicken.
[Reply]
LooseCard 11:11 AM 03-20-2009
Originally Posted by SixPackSunday:
I feel strongly I'm getting real gator, because i'm getting an actual live gator. Unless my coworker is selling me a chicken in a gator suit. :-)

Originally Posted by ade06:
:-):-):-):

hmm... Now I will have to inspect the 'gator' to make sure it actually isnt a chicken in a gator costume!
Dude!
You're killin me!!
[Reply]
GoodFella 02:55 PM 03-20-2009
the meat is a lot like chicken, reminds me of fresh chicken thats been running around a farm wild. not the sruff u get at the local store by tyson. its got that game flavor. after u kill it and the meat has been processed i would say fried is the way to go. soak it in buttermilk over night and drege it in flower then it to some peanut oil.

before u kill the thing logan u need to chek some local laws. i know there is a lot of laws around killing the thing. and if u just take it to a vet and say kill the thing so i can eat it u may run in to some red tape. now if u say its heading right for us then shoot it u will be in good shape:-)

[Reply]
SixPackSunday 03:03 PM 03-20-2009
oh dont you worry, i've known my local vet for years. If I explain it to him I dont think he would mind. This guys is about 85 and his 'appointment book' is just a big paper notepad that he scribbles on. hell of a guy, and always does good work though.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up