Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Grapples
livwire68 04:28 AM 02-20-2009
Pretty tasty critters, a little on the pricey side but good once in awhile!

http://www.grapplefruits.com/
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:00 AM 02-20-2009
my local market has them. They smell amazing. They are $6.00 for 4... very expensive for an apple y'know?
[Reply]
ghostrider 07:18 AM 02-20-2009
If I'm not mistaken, just a regular apple with artificial grape flavor injected. I'll stick with a bag of grapes and an all natural apple.
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:53 AM 02-20-2009
GrāppleŽ brand apples begin either as Washington Extra Fancy Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the season. These "premium apples" are the ones that take on the grape flavor best. This Patent Pending process is complex and the ingredient mix primarily includes concentrated grape flavor and pure water. All ingredients are USDA and FDA approved and the process has been licensed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.

There is nothing but flavor being infused into the apple. A relaxing bathing process prepares our apples for you or your kids. The apple takes on no additional sugars or calories. They are not genetically altered in any way. The apple is as healthy as ever but now has the new exciting grape flavor. The process is better explained by the Food Network's "Unwrapped" show entitled "Grapeful". Check your local listings or click here to find out the next time it is on in your area.

Apples are a fantastic snack. Grapes are a wonderful snack. Try a GrāppleŽ brand apple today, and enjoy the best of both of them in one!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:41 PM 02-20-2009
Interesting.

Honey Crisps are my favortie apples (non-flavored) out. They've been on the market only a few years and taste like the name implies; really sweet with real crisp bite to it.
[Reply]
ghostrider 12:12 PM 02-21-2009
Ingredients: apples, natural and artificial flavor
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 12:33 PM 02-21-2009
I found these on at the Foster's in Georgetown and they are tasty. It is true they are more expensive than the regular apples but kind of fun to eat once in a while as anothe poster said.
[Reply]
Punchlover 09:43 AM 03-28-2009
I saw these for the first time at the store but they were too expensive for me to try, im cheap
[Reply]
e-man67 02:36 PM 04-02-2009
You need to try them...weird but very good!
[Reply]
D. Generate 02:53 PM 04-02-2009
Years ago they when I lived in Seattle they were a novelty to purchase at Albertsons. One day I did that and tried one... this my friends, is a true Frankenfood. Just avoid.
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:21 PM 04-02-2009
i think they smell delicious, i would try one.. but not for 1.50
[Reply]
cricky101 04:28 PM 04-02-2009
I bought a pack in the store as a novelty a couple of years back. That was enough. They're just creepy.

And it tastes like that candyish, kids cold medicine grape flavor.

On a slightly related note, I saw a billboard recently from, I think, the American Heart Association that read: "Grapes. The original grape-flavored snack."

I thought that was clever.
[Reply]
pmp 01:35 AM 04-05-2009
I can't bring myself to try these. Its just unnatural I tell you.

I used to think that the grape flavor in concord grape juice was artificial because it tastes almost too grape-ey. Then I tried a concord grape and realized that concord grapes actually taste like that. I picture these having a similar flavor.
[Reply]
Up