Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 23
« First < 12202122 23 >
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
RRocket 10:31 AM 02-10-2011
Hey...not much chatter in here about Sanchez hooking up with a 17 year old high school girl. I guess he likes jailbait.

Discuss!!

:-)
[Reply]
ujponds 08:03 PM 02-10-2011
17= legal

You're just jealous :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 12:11 PM 06-16-2011
I heard on the radio today:

With the Bruins winning the cup yesterday, it makes the Pats the team from Boston that has gone the longest since its last championship.

I thought that might brighten up a Jets fan's day :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:40 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I heard on the radio today:

With the Bruins winning the cup yesterday, it makes the Pats the team from Boston that has gone the longest since its last championship.

I thought that might brighten up a Jets fan's day :-)
Sure. And may Pats wait just as long as Bruins did, no issues here.
[Reply]
ujponds 06:20 PM 08-05-2011
Ok boys! New season, high expectations! Let the trash talk begin!
[Reply]
EricF 06:22 PM 08-05-2011
Answer this if you can. Why let Cotchery go and hope for Derick Mason????

I am confused!!!
[Reply]
ujponds 08:23 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by EricF:
Answer this if you can. Why let Cotchery go and hope for Derick Mason????

I am confused!!!
He asked to be released or traded after last season knowing he was never going to be the #2 receiver. The Jets were actually trying to show a little appreciation for all of his work by releasing him early enough to get picked up by another team and get work in their system.

5th round pick Kerley is showing a lot of potential in the slot so far.
[Reply]
EricF 08:33 PM 08-05-2011
I think he would have been a better go to in case Santonio or Plax needed rest or went down. Especially since Plax's ankle issues have popped up again.
[Reply]
ujponds 05:34 AM 08-06-2011
I agree. he was also a strong presence in the locker room and that is something that can't be replaced. On the field his health has been an issue in the past two years and he is not getting any younger. He has good hands, but I wouldn't say he is a special talent that can't be replaced.
[Reply]
ujponds 10:42 AM 09-12-2011
Game one in the books. Jets got lucky, but a win is a win. Many thanks to Tony Romo :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:43 AM 09-12-2011
Thank you Jets for beating those stupid cowgirls!!!
[Reply]
Remo 11:21 AM 09-12-2011
Nothing like watching the Cowboys snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...again. They need to dump Romo NOW!!!!!
[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 11:41 AM 09-12-2011
Looking at it objectively, Romo beats Sanchez as the Jets' MVP for that game.
[Reply]
DBall 11:44 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Game one in the books. Jets got lucky, but a win is a win. Many thanks to Tony Romo :-)
Indeed...

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Thank you Jets for beating those stupid cowgirls!!!
Indeed again...
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:17 PM 09-12-2011
Sanchez is still the reason Jets is not a SuperBowl team and won't be until heis replaced. I could have connected on a number of passes last night and I am a soccer player. When you have a 6"6 receiver and only throw his way towards the end of the game your mental state is clearly not one for a QB. Still have no idea why I am Jets for the past 30 odd years, the team seems to find every and each way not to be a winner.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:30 PM 09-12-2011
If you recall, the Jets pulled 5 or 6 wins out of their rears in the final seconds last season also. Maybe they should sit Sanchez until the 2-minute mark! :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 02:51 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
If you recall, the Jets pulled 5 or 6 wins out of their rears in the final seconds last season also. Maybe they should sit Sanchez until the 2-minute mark! :-)
There is some truth to that. Sanchez definitely player much better in pressure situations, going forward Shotty should have him running the no huddle earlier in the game. That would help the O-line a lot more also, they were getting pushed around the whole game.
[Reply]
ujponds 02:58 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Sanchez is still the reason Jets is not a SuperBowl team and won't be until heis replaced. I could have connected on a number of passes last night and I am a soccer player. When you have a 6"6 receiver and only throw his way towards the end of the game your mental state is clearly not one for a QB. Still have no idea why I am Jets for the past 30 odd years, the team seems to find every and each way not to be a winner.
I have no idea why you are a "Jets fan" either, no matter how they play you are unhappy. I'm starting to think you are the reason they are not a super bowl team.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 04:28 PM 09-12-2011
... no matter how they play ...
No matter how they play? I only see ONE KIND of play from them, getting lucky instead of dictating play, care to name another way?

Seems I am not the only one harping on Sanchez, reporters/sports writers are also doing same, but I guess we are watching a different Jets team than you are. Are you watching the games in Photoshop mode? Shame its not available for the rest of us fake Jets fans...
[Reply]
ujponds 08:49 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
No matter how they play? I only see ONE KIND of play from them, getting lucky instead of dictating play, care to name another way?

Seems I am not the only one harping on Sanchez, reporters/sports writers are also doing same, but I guess we are watching a different Jets team than you are. Are you watching the games in Photoshop mode? Shame its not available for the rest of us fake Jets fans...
Whatever Dude. You clearly hate Sanchez and will never feel differently, I am not going to start the season going back and forth arguing with your nonsensical points about how Sanchez is a cancer to the Jets.

There is a lot more to the team than the QB. If you want to talk about weak spots how about their trouble covering opposing team's tight ends or their weakness at right offensive tackle.

I'm tired of hearing your pessimism. Since Rex and Sanchez took over they have been to the post season twice and made it to the championship twice, all on the road. In my book that is a pretty good run. Hopefully this season they take another step forward and lock up the division and a home playoff game.

You have to come to terms with the fact that this is how they win. They have been doing it pretty successfully for the past two years and hopefully they will pcontinue to all the way to the SB. Of course I wish Sanchez would take the field and dominate like Brady and Manning, but they are in a class of their own.

However ugly these wins may be, in the end it's the record that matters. Enough with your constant misery already.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 23
« First < 12202122 23 >
Up