Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 3412 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Mac's Apple Pie Shine
357 08:24 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
I have a jug of stuff like that, although it is made with real moonshine, fresh cider and cinnimon. Delicious stuff, thanks Josh :-)
I had something like that with unsweetened apple juice, a cinnimon stick, and spiced rum. Rum = 1/3 of the mixture I believe. It tasted like apple cider, but hit like a truck. Gotta try making my own. :-)

Edited to say: off Eva Mendes's a$$ would be one helluva place to drink any libation.
[Reply]
pektel 08:37 AM 01-07-2011
Good question. Can I whip up a batch and start drinking it tonight?
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:03 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
Good question. Can I whip up a batch and start drinking it tonight?

I'd say go for it and let us know! :-)
[Reply]
pektel 09:14 AM 01-07-2011
I just may. Just don't' know if my local liquor store has the vodka.
[Reply]
Huskysibe 06:48 AM 01-09-2011
Man, how do I get on the distribution list Mac, I need to try some of this stuff? I guess you have my old address, I moved from MD to TX after my return from Afghanistan 3 months ago. PM me for the address and let me know what you want in trade, I wanna get me some of that shine!!!!

Billy
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:35 AM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by fissure:
How long to let sit? In a cool place? Fridge? How long will it keep? Never made anything like this before.
Keeps in the fridge just fine for months...if you can make it last that long. :-)

Originally Posted by Huskysibe:
Man, how do I get on the distribution list Mac, I need to try some of this stuff? I guess you have my old address, I moved from MD to TX after my return from Afghanistan 3 months ago. PM me for the address and let me know what you want in trade, I wanna get me some of that shine!!!!

Billy
I need to make a new batch here soon (hopefully this coming weekend). Only downside to this is the cost of the alcohol, jars and postage (must be shipped in Medium Flat Rate to allow enough space to cushion jar properly.

To make a "batch"...it runs about $ 64.00 (total cost) to make 14 pints/7 quarts, this does not include shipping. But damn if it doesn't taste good. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:53 AM 01-09-2011
Thought it would be better if I posted my recipe here...more cost effective than sending out pints.

Mac's Applie Pie Shine
Prep time 5 Min
Cook time 30 Min

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider (make sure to get a legit cider. It makes for a better product.)
3 cups white sugar
1 table spoon of Vanilla Extract
8 cinnamon sticks (again, get a legit brand. Spend the extra cash.)
1.5 (750 milliliter) bottles 190 proof Everclear grain alcohol
6-8 shots of Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka

Directions:
In a large pot, combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar, vanilla extract and eight cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely (overnight preferred). When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol and place in jars.

Store in fridge. Before serving, shake the jar (cinnamon residue will float to the bottom), pour in a cup of ice, and drink up!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:02 AM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Thought it would be better if I posted my recipe here...more cost effective than sending out pints.

Mac's Applie Pie Shine
Prep time 5 Min
Cook time 30 Min

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider (make sure to get a legit cider. It makes for a better product.)
3 cups white sugar

Directions:
In a large pot, combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar, vanilla extract and eight cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely (overnight preferred). When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol and place in jars.

Store in fridge. Before serving, shake the jar (cinnamon residue will float to the bottom), pour in a cup of ice, and drink up!!
This recipe makes about 14-16 pints or 7-8 quarts. :-)

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:23 AM 01-09-2011
Thanks for posting the recipe Mac. I went out yesterday and bought some cider, EC and the vodka. Mixed up a small batch, without knowing the rest of the ingredients. While it was good, I can see why it didn't taste completely like apple pie. Now to get the rest of the ingredients.

I'm still up for the trade. I want to try the original.
[Reply]
T.G 11:33 AM 01-09-2011
Mac, is Everclear 151 or 190 in your state?
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:36 AM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by t.g:
mac, is everclear 151 or 190 in your state?
[Reply]
Bill86 01:13 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:

Mac's Applie Pie Shine
Prep time 5 Min
Cook time 30 Min

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar

Directions:

Best post ever. :-)

EDIT Now I can tweak the alcohol content to high heaven.
[Reply]
wayner123 07:26 AM 01-10-2011
I have made this recipe and drank some of Mac's at EPIC. It's a great drink! If you want to kick it up a notch, you can use 1 1/2 cups white sugar and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar. That gives it more of an apple pie taste imo.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:45 AM 01-10-2011
I just made a half batch last night, with brown sugar. I'll mix in the booze tonight after work. Can't wait to try the finished product.
[Reply]
jmsremax 08:24 AM 01-10-2011
Thanks for the post Mac!!! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:40 AM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Thanks for the post Mac!!! :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:52 AM 01-10-2011
Full of awesome.
[Reply]
Devanmc 08:55 AM 01-10-2011
any chance i can buy some of this when im home from my 21st mac? It seems this stuff goes well with a good cigar, which is my plan
[Reply]
neoflex 09:16 PM 01-10-2011
YUM!
[Reply]
Bill86 09:19 PM 01-10-2011
:-) Yep, I would definitely drink anything that they will bottle legally for consumption off her ass. Nice picture :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up