Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>USPS opening a domestic package.
kelmac07 02:58 AM 10-19-2009
Wow!!! WTF????
[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:04 AM 10-19-2009
That's crazy. Please keep us updated. I'm curious how this turns out.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:26 AM 10-19-2009
Not only would I put in an official complaint with USPS, I would also go to the police.
[Reply]
OLS 06:34 AM 10-19-2009
You speak about coffins, and I am not 100% sure what you are describing,
but on the off chance that you would send Habanos through the mail, be
careful about the shizzle that you stizzle. You wouldn't want to open a can
of Postal Whoopa$$.
When you send illegal items in the mail, you always take your chances. That
said, I know people who flat out will not ship with the USPS. They have
scoundrels in their number. Federally-protected, overly-secure scoundrels.
Not that they are all bad.
Nor am I saying that you definitely shipped illegal items.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:42 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
of Postal Whoopa$$.
They were not Cuban's. They were very sought after Dominican cigars.
[Reply]
barbourjay 06:42 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
of Postal Whoopa$$.
there was no contraband in this package. so that's one thing i don't have to worry about.
[Reply]
n3uka 08:29 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
I've heard of packages getting damaged, but has this happened to anyone else before on here?
Yes, a US vendor shipped a box to me with their company name in return addy. Box was ripped open and re-taped with received damaged on label. Still had a 5er in it but a $200 box was gone. Never got anything but screwed on that one.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:33 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Not only would I put in an official complaint with USPS, I would also go to the police.
You would need to have the Postal Police involved, locals have no authority under the circumstances described here.
[Reply]
itsme_timd 08:46 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You would need to have the Postal Police involved, locals have no authority under the circumstances described here.
Interesting, I didn't even know there was such a thing.
[Reply]
e-man67 08:53 AM 10-19-2009
How would they know there were cigars in the box? Seems really odd that someone would be looking for tobacco and replace with smoking literature...that is messed up indeed!
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 08:56 AM 10-19-2009
That's scary stuff. Please keep us informed. I hope this is an isolated incident, still a shame.....
[Reply]
Veritas 09:05 AM 10-19-2009
Use the link from post #14. Those guys take theft of mail pretty seriously, especially if it is by a USPS employee.

I hate when shiat like this happens. Please keep us updated.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:48 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by e-man67:
How would they know there were cigars in the box? Seems really odd that someone would be looking for tobacco and replace with smoking literature...that is messed up indeed!
It wasn't smoking literature. They inserted 3 packs of devices that you use for electronic cigarettes. This is what was in it: http://www.smoketip.com/electronic-c...artridges.html
[Reply]
hotreds 09:56 AM 10-19-2009
Very wierd!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:57 AM 10-19-2009
box picked at random? Employee just happens to have the electronic tips on hand? Either they happened upon "just the right box" or it was a hell of a coincidence. What would the odds be that someone who wants to push this particular agenda pilfered this package? 1 in er...... 1,000,000? How about even 1 in 100,000? I would think it would have had to go "off site" to replace the materials.... and even in that case, do you think the postal employee would bother bringing it back?
I smell something else fishy.
2 separate incidents? One with the "damage" and a second one with the pilferage? Why would someone put any thing of value back in the box?
[Reply]
md4958 10:00 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
It wasn't smoking literature. They inserted 3 packs of devices that you use for electronic cigarettes. This is what was in it: http://www.smoketip.com/electronic-c...artridges.html
you really should consider quitting Dan. Cigarettes are bad for you :-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 10:00 AM 10-19-2009
Your local P.O. is the place to go. This is a serious offense as far as the post office is concerned and they have investigators who will look into it. I have heard of employees losing their jobs for taking birthday cards for the cash in the envelopes...there is no work place in america safe from theives.

A DC is scanned as a missent when it is sent to the wrong Post Office. If your mail delivery person drops it at the wrong house no record is kept. Your neighbor can open it and take whatever they want-reseal it and drop it on your doorstep. If that happened I doubt any investigation will help.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:04 AM 10-19-2009
There is no chance a neighbor got it. The mailman handed the package to me on Saturday.
[Reply]
Cigargal 10:05 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
There is no chance a neighbor got it. The mailman handed the package to me on Saturday.
Who handed it to him? Did he bring it from the PO or did a neighbor give it to hime and say "Wriong house-not mine?" Ask him about it.
[Reply]
Starz26 10:11 AM 10-19-2009
I would be really interested on the outcome. I do not believe there will be any resolution to this and noting will be found. I would consider myself lucky if I even got a follow up response.....Just they way gov't works.

I will eat my words if the opposite occurs......
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up