Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
General Discussion>Motorcycle Thread..
Volt 07:58 AM 10-26-2010
Cold is no reason to stop riding :-) I just put my air shocks back n replacing the lowered springs in the rear, the lowering was great but the wife liked the air ride better. New handlebars (already looking for some new ones) these are a bit to much like a drag bar with extra pull back. Pics in a book are decieving. New speakers YEA, crappy HD OEM are gone. I now have treble and bass.

I am looking for new winter gloves. Looks alone do not tell you how well they actually look. Would love to see some scientific reviews on motorcycle gloves. My old ones ride well, just not warm anough and the idea of heated ones seeems like a lot of hassle.

Originally Posted by HK3-:
Bump.

Anyone been riding lately or has the colder weather put the old two wheeler to rest for the season?

Anyone got any new toys or accessories?

[Reply]
HK3- 08:37 AM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Cold is no reason to stop riding :-) I just put my air shocks back n replacing the lowered springs in the rear, the lowering was great but the wife liked the air ride better. New handlebars (already looking for some new ones) these are a bit to much like a drag bar with extra pull back. Pics in a book are decieving. New speakers YEA, crappy HD OEM are gone. I now have treble and bass.

I am looking for new winter gloves. Looks alone do not tell you how well they actually look. Would love to see some scientific reviews on motorcycle gloves. My old ones ride well, just not warm anough and the idea of heated ones seeems like a lot of hassle.
I just recently read a new ski magazine where they were rating the newest gloves. Maybe you should look into getting some nice ski gloves?
[Reply]
Volt 09:28 AM 10-26-2010
I have never had a lot of luck with gloves that are not made specifically for motorcycles. Usually they are not articulated enough for long rides. Plus, what works for a 20 min down hill run will not work for 1 - 5 hours in the cold on 2 wheels. The ones I have are "ok", the best I have found so far, but the search continues.

I just recently read a new ski magazine where they were rating the newest gloves. Maybe you should look into getting some nice ski gloves?

[Reply]
HK3- 10:03 AM 10-26-2010
I have never had a lot of luck with gloves that are not made specifically for motorcycles. Usually they are not articulated enough for long rides. Plus, what works for a 20 min down hill run will not work for 1 - 5 hours in the cold on 2 wheels. The ones I have are "ok", the best I have found so far, but the search continues.
Ah, true.
[Reply]
weak_link 10:07 AM 10-26-2010
Been riding the supermoto a litle bit but the Ducati is still down due to parts complications with yoyodyne and Brembo parts. Booo!!!!
[Reply]
Volt 11:25 AM 10-26-2010
Ah, true.
After reading till the eyes are blurry on the internet, I will be ordered these today.

Tourmaster Winter Elite

I may try a glove inner liner this year. A lot of people seem to have luck with them, but I hate bulk.....

newenough.com is an excellant place to shop from and I have had superior experience with the Tourmaster products. They peform exactly as one would expect, made by mototrcycle people for those who ride.

Winter is:

Firrst Gear HT Overpants - I do not like the look of the latest version, but damn they perform. Warm and dry

Tourmaster Jacket similiar to the Flex series (again the new stuff doesn't look as good).

Schampa balacava (with long bib) toasty :-)

Fleece lined blue jeans in the 20's and below.

I can usually ride in the 30's and into the 20's comfortably with some clothing layering. It's the gloves that kick my a$$ (long rides get the Walmart hunter chem heater inserts). We will see what these new ones will do.
[Reply]
bigpedunn 12:13 PM 10-26-2010
Heritage softail
Attached: phpOOrWxaAM[1].jpg (62.5 KB) 
[Reply]
GolfNut 12:42 PM 10-26-2010
A trick we use around here for winter proof hands are latex exam gloves under our winter gloves. Really help hold in the heat without the bulkiness of liners. I use them when I'd golf in the 20's.
[Reply]
HK3- 05:26 AM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by weak_link:
Been riding the supermoto a litle bit but the Ducati is still down due to parts complications with yoyodyne and Brembo parts. Booo!!!!
Oh, no... Explain. :-) I'm guessing the Yoyodyne is a clutch and the Brembo must be brakes. I found a guy out in Cali who makes some nice carbon fiber accessories. I just got a nice hugger from him and now I'm waiting for some screws to put it on.

Michael- You have some serious winter gear brother! :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 05:27 AM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by bigpedunn:
Heritage softail
Nice bike! :-) I see you like to turkey hunt as well. :-)
[Reply]
weak_link 11:03 AM 10-27-2010
Oh, no... Explain. :-) I'm guessing the Yoyodyne is a clutch and the Brembo must be brakes. I found a guy out in Cali who makes some nice carbon fiber accessories. I just got a nice hugger from him and now I'm waiting for some screws to put it on.

banger
It's a billet Brembo radial master cylinder and the plunger/post thingy bent when I crashed a Sears Point a while back. Had to get a rebuild kit and lever from Yoyodyne and they sent the wrong parts, plus the one that was correct was missing a tiny little threadded barrel that helps to hold the lever on. Strangest lever/master cylinder relationship I've ever seen. You'd think for a big buck fancy pants part the design would be a bit cleaner.

Who's the guy in Cali? Maybe I've heard of him.
[Reply]
HK3- 11:39 AM 10-27-2010
It's a billet Brembo radial master cylinder and the plunger/post thingy bent when I crashed a Sears Point a while back. Had to get a rebuild kit and lever from Yoyodyne and they sent the wrong parts, plus the one that was correct was missing a tiny little threadded barrel that helps to hold the lever on. Strangest lever/master cylinder relationship I've ever seen. You'd think for a big buck fancy pants part the design would be a bit cleaner.

Sounds like hell to me. :-) I hate having to ship stuff back and forth.....:-)

His name is Johnny and he works at www.1carbontech.com
[Reply]
Resipsa 11:46 AM 10-27-2010
Cold is no reason to stop riding :-)
Recently got a pair of the Olympia Cold Throttles, supposed to be wind proof and waterproof. I can say that they aren't very bulky at all and like them a lot.

Have had some mornings here already where it's below 30 when I left for work (5 am), and while my hands got cool, they were never cold. I'm imagining that' probably colder than it gets by you in the dead of winter. Can't speak to the rain proof cause I haven't got caught in the rain with them yet, but if you can find a dealer with them near you I'd check them out.
[Reply]
HK3- 09:10 AM 10-28-2010

Ever heard of them?
[Reply]
weak_link 10:56 AM 10-28-2010
Ever heard of them?
Nope, don't know those guys. Looks like nice stuff though.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:22 AM 11-12-2010
Back in the 70's again here in SE Tennesee. Great riding weather :-)
[Reply]
Volt 08:43 AM 11-12-2010
It was 42* when I rolled out this morning - not to bad. Still using the chaps, the warm clothes will have to be broke out shortly though.
[Reply]
jitzy 08:53 AM 01-09-2011
Never saw this thread but here's my scoot
[Reply]
Volt 09:48 AM 01-09-2011
I love the gansta whitewalls.... just not on mine. Too much work to keep clean :-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 11:37 AM 01-09-2011
I hate reading this thread. After my injury a few years ago I have not been able to get on a bike. I have been looking at trikes. Has anyone here given the Can Am spyder a spin?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Up