Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 11192021 22 >
Sports>NHL '14 - '15 Season Thread
shilala 09:12 AM 06-16-2015
Great end to a great series.

I honestly thought Chicago would win by killing people, and they won it with brains and talent.
icehog3 10:48 AM 06-16-2015
3 Cups in SIX years, actually. :-)

Keith is not human.

Class move by Toews and the Hawks giving the Cup to Timonen, Vermette, Richards and Dejardins first.

As close to a Dynasty as we may ever see in the Cap Era.
nutcracker 10:58 AM 06-16-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:

You guys are set to lose a few key pieces. Too bad, as that's a great team right now.
icehog3 04:43 PM 06-16-2015
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
You guys are set to lose a few key pieces. Too bad, as that's a great team right now.
Lost Ladd, Versteeg, Byfuglein and others in 2010.

Lost Bolland, Frolik, Handzus, and others in 2013.

We'll still have Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Hjallmarsson, Crawford, Saad and Hossa at the least. I think we will be fine, Neil. :-)
dvickery 10:39 AM 06-17-2015
Looking back 1 1/2 years ... Who the fck chose subban over seabrook for the Canadian Olympic team ... Who chose subban for a Norris .

Congrats Tom ... Hope you're feeling better by now .

Derrek
AdamJoshua 11:34 AM 06-17-2015

Keith is not human.

Class move by Toews and the Hawks giving the Cup to Timonen, Vermette, Richards and Dejardins first.

As I said in the banter thread, close but we have to see what the next 4 years bring, with this team and the youth I can see them keeping this up (phrasing), but to officially be a Dynasty I think most sports consider the number of Championships in a 10 year span. That being said I wouldn't bet against them, as I didn't this time around. :-)
icehog3 05:18 PM 06-17-2015
Seabrook is a horse, Derrek. He could have gotten a piece of the Conn Smythe along with Hjallmarsson.

I hope you are right, Ads, love to see 2 or 3 more Cups in Chicago before Kane hits 30. :-)
drjammer 07:35 AM 06-18-2015

Keith is not human.

My bad :-)
nutcracker 08:47 PM 06-18-2015
Lost Ladd, Versteeg, Byfuglein and others in 2010.

Lost Bolland, Frolik, Handzus, and others in 2013.

We'll still have Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Hjallmarsson, Crawford, Saad and Hossa at the least. I think we will be fine, Neil. :-)
Yeah and our lot haven't signed Frolik or Staffird yet......
icehog3 02:37 PM 06-26-2015
Fascinating 47 minute watch on the Bad Boy of Bruins' hockey....

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/wat...rek-sanderson/
AdamJoshua 03:18 PM 06-26-2015
Let the trading begin, Kings reportedly giving Colin Miller, Martin Jones and 13th overall for Lucic....wow, I like Looch but that's a hell of a return, the only odd thing is Don S wants to bring back the big bad defensive Bruins and first thing he does is trade one of their toughest players. The first thing is a day after saying they would match any offer sheet up to 7mil a year for defenseman Dougie Hamilton, well they dealt him to the Calgary Flames on Friday in exchange for the No. 15, No. 45 and No. 52 selections in the 2015 NHL draft.

Well we have a lot of draft picks, a goalie that chokes under pressure more than Bill Kelley and not much else. Le sigh

The more I think of this the more it pisses me off, yet ANOTHER star run out of Boston before being given a chance, Tyler and Dougie should go have a drink and a few laughs, they can invite Andrew Boychuck as well, another difference maker traded for a bag of pucks. Puuuuuuuuke
AdamJoshua 05:45 PM 06-26-2015
#3 pick coming up, I wonder if the Bruins will package all the picks up and shoot for getting #3 ... so they can give up on that guy in 3 years and trade him away. ****ing dick bag mother****ing ****s ****ing killing the ****ing bruins faster than **** fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: :-)
icehog3 06:01 PM 06-26-2015
Bruins paying 1/2 of Lucic's salary...Man, they couldn't flush that turd fast enough, Adam. :-)
AdamJoshua 06:15 PM 06-26-2015
No no you keep Lucic around forever hoping some day he'll pan out and give you Cam Neely 2.0, Tyler S. and Hamilton, those guys you jettison A.S.A.P. Looch won more games for the Habs playing the Bruins than anyone on their team
icehog3 07:02 PM 06-26-2015
Point taken. :-)
Bruins Fan 04:28 AM 06-27-2015
Glad to see the son of Frankenstein gone he peaked a few years ago and was killing the team.
Hamilton may turn out to be a elite player some day, but he has a long way to go before that happens?
The Bruins were not going to pay Hamilton more money then Patrice Bergeron, to bad they could not move up to get Hanifin.
nutcracker 07:26 PM 07-10-2015
Hawks just traded Patrick Sharpe. Wow. Cap space must be hurting.
icehog3 03:03 PM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Hawks just traded Patrick Sharpe. Wow. Cap space must be hurting.
It was expected. Good thing we got Daley in the trade, as Oduya is apparently not returning.
E.J. 03:59 PM 07-14-2015
It was expected. Good thing we got Daley in the trade, as Oduya is apparently not returning.
Would love to see Oduya in an Avs sweater.
CRIMPS 12:47 PM 07-15-2015
Oduya signs with Stars for 2yr/$7.5MM. Apparently, passed on Buffalo and 3yr/$15MM.

Jim Nill (GMJN2) doing work this offseason.
Page 21 of 22
« First < 11192021 22 >
Up