Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 40 of 60
« First < 30383940 414250 > Last »
Sports>Being a Hockey Parent
E.J. 03:01 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Not bad pics. He still wearing the guard?
LM is skating almost every day. So much ice in summer time. Thankfully baseball is almost over. Constantly having to pick what to go to.
Different one, not sure what it is....will ask him. VERY clear, not sure where he got it....
[Reply]
E.J. 06:14 PM 05-11-2012
Watching the Little One in a Skills Clinic Camp she has been going to, amazed at her progression this past year, night and day... I actually was sort of shaking my head watching...

Same with JB, I had not watched him skate a ton since the end of the regular season last year.... Kid is jumping...

It really floors me the pride and enjoyment I get from sitting here on a hard aluminum stadium bench, watching this stuff....day in, day out, night in, night out, morning..... The driving, the time & financial commitment...wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe I'd wish for cheap ice time & great $20 sticks...
[Reply]
Eleven 10:00 PM 05-11-2012
Thankfully baseball is almost over. Constantly having to pick what to go to.
My kid wanted to participate in Track this spring, so that pretty much cut out Spring Hockey, and he missed a few Wednesday Clinics, but in the end I'm glad he chose Track. It gave him a little break from hockey, kept him active, and he bonded with a whole new set of athletes.

Most of the season he ran relays, with a few individual events sprinkled in. He's a 7th grader, but was able to hang with the 8th graders, I'm sure because of his previous hockey dry land training. He was the starter for the 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400 relays almost every event.

Only on the very last meet, the championships, he got a charlie-horse in his butt that hurt, so he pulled out of the 4x400. The team went on to win it anyway, and it gave 4 8th graders the chance to finish strong as a group. Most of the season there were 2 8th graders who were battling for the 4th spot on the 4x400 team, we were actually glad they didn't have to chose between them, they were all great kids.

So now Hockey Dry Land kicks in full speed, and with Track being over, its perfect timing. Cam's Track coaches made the choice to keep all the medals for the season and hand them out when it had ended. Since we don't have a "Being a Track Parent" thread, here is my kid with his medals, they are all 1st, 2nd and 3rd place relay medals:

[Reply]
E.J. 07:28 AM 05-12-2012
Awesome, Scott.... Added bonus, all that running will make drylands a little easier...
[Reply]
Ahbroody 06:30 PM 05-15-2012
Nice Scott. Got my kid swimming almost everyday now trying to build legs and stamina.
Todays a good test. Summer team practice a bunch of kids were fighting, not mine. BAG SKATE! These kids are getting worked but he's hanging with the big boys. 20+ minutes of really hard skating.

Now he's explaining life to them and why everyone gets punished. Good stuff. He looks over at me and I'm laughing.
[Reply]
E.J. 04:49 PM 05-19-2012
Just dropped the LM off at Regulators tryouts.... Not sure if I made a mistake letting him skate with the U18's before the U16 tryouts. The U18 coach told him to come to both, my assumption is that he is worried about his U18 numbers and sees my son as a body. Would hate for him to get worked for the first session and then go into his session gassed.....:-)

Well, it's done now and tomorrow the sessions are split by 4-6 hours or something like that.... Think I'll go back and watch the last half of the U16 session and see what I think.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:29 PM 05-19-2012
Well that went even better than expected.... Assume he's a Regulator if we want....
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:09 AM 05-20-2012
Nice.
What level AA or AAA
[Reply]
E.J. 06:51 AM 05-20-2012
Nice.
What level AA or AAA
AA
[Reply]
E.J. 09:22 AM 05-20-2012
He's back up there now and then again at 1:00....then done. Will be interested to hear what they say, but will wait until Jr. Grizzlies tryouts next month to make a decision. Wish the tryouts were not 3 weeks apart...
[Reply]
E.J. 08:44 PM 05-21-2012
Celebrated his invite to be on the U16 AA Regulators with a 3 point(1 goal, 2 assists) night on the ice with the HS team in the Summer League.

Added bonus, not one trip to the box....:-)
[Reply]
E.J. 04:41 PM 05-23-2012
Little back yard play.... Listen to his sister chuckling in the back....:-)

http://youtu.be/QtfPHSlU27Q
[Reply]
E.J. 07:53 PM 05-23-2012
KILLING ME!!!! Note, this is day 30 on the nose from purchase and 28 from when I received it.... email just went off to Sher-Wood....I'm praying that they take care of me. I don't have the reciept, but assume if they want to push it, I can get one from the vendor. Sent the email, so they have it date stamped as broken within 30 days....:-)

[Reply]
Ahbroody 12:48 PM 05-24-2012
That's piss.
Easton ST time I think or having him stop digging a hole to China. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 03:38 PM 05-24-2012
That's piss.
Easton ST time I think or having him stop digging a hole to China. :-)
Is the Mako = to the ST? It is that stinking slapshot... He kills it, but because he isn't buying sticks, he doesn't worry about firing 50 a practice... I fear that we'll be doing this again and again and again....

Sher-Wood is sending me a new one, they sure have that end of things dialed in. I was surprised at how easy and painless the warranty process was. Kudos to Sher-Wood....
[Reply]
Ahbroody 05:25 PM 05-24-2012
http://www.hockeygiant.com/easm5stksr.html
Mako M5 is the ST replacement.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 04:18 PM 05-26-2012
At the rink 2x today.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[Reply]
Ahbroody 08:04 PM 05-26-2012
The boys first same age hockey friend. Good kid great shot.
Funny how even at this age you can see where kids strengths will be. Theyre only a few weeks apart.

We actually signed him up for summer league inhouse just so he could play with this kid. The two of them terrorized mite inhouse summer game today. He's always played with older kids and it has created weird issues at times. Recently he was invited to a kid turning nine birthday who he played inhouse with this year. We ended up not taking him which created a little riff which I was suprised by.
[Reply]
E.J. 03:14 PM 05-30-2012
^^^Nice, Mike... Just seeing this. The Dynamic Duo, soon to be popping nets in an arena near you!

Little One is on the ice for the first time in 2 weeks.

The Big One's team takes on the defending State Champs tonight. Should give a good idea of where they are at....
[Reply]
E.J. 09:12 PM 05-30-2012
Ohhhhh that was a SWEET win!!! LM was a plus 2 & didn't allow a goal. Just a solid game at the blue line, against a very good team. Wins like this are soooo fun!
[Reply]
Page 40 of 60
« First < 30383940 414250 > Last »
Up