Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Tuppordor Question
Cville Cigar 12:22 PM 11-24-2012
I was at Gander Mountain today and saw in the fishing tackle boxes, boxes that have a locking "O" ring around the top and are clained to be "water proof and scent proof." Could I use this for my cigars, I'd put a liner of a cigr box inside??These are a clear plastic type of material. Woul they do any thing to the flavorof the cigars?:-):-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:32 PM 11-24-2012
Originally Posted by Cville Cigar:
I was at Gander Mountain today and saw in the fishing tackle boxes, boxes that have a locking "O" ring around the top and are clained to be "water proof and scent proof." Could I use this for my cigars, I'd put a liner of a cigr box inside??These are a clear plastic type of material. Woul they do any thing to the flavorof the cigars?:-):-)
If you're talking about the Plano Guide series, the website says they're made of polycarbonate. Don't think that has any smell. Did you sniff them? :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:01 PM 11-24-2012
They should be fine as a humidor.
[Reply]
jluck 01:22 PM 11-24-2012
Like this?....
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 05:07 PM 11-24-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Like this?....
Yes it is, but bigger.:-)
[Reply]
Zane 05:48 PM 11-24-2012
I don't imagine it's much different than a cigar caddy.
[Reply]
shopkins82 12:05 PM 11-27-2012
Check the kitchen section at WalMart. There's a line Sterilite containters that are very similar, but with the clasps on all four sides instead of 3 + hinge... I have a ~15-18 stick box that cost only $4.50 (I think it's the 5.3 cup model). I keep it in my desk at work with a single 65% Boveda pack at the bottom... almost 9 months in I haven't had to replace the first Boveda pack and it's just now getting a little firm at the corners. They have much bigger all the way up to 16 cups... the 12 cup model for $16 looks like it would hold ~50 sticks.
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:16 PM 11-27-2012
Sounds like a fine idea, Jeffrey.
[Reply]
RobR1205 09:35 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by shopkins82:
Check the kitchen section at WalMart. There's a line Sterilite containters that are very similar, but with the clasps on all four sides instead of 3 + hinge...
Yup, love mine and haven't any problems whatsoever with it. It actually holds humidity has fewer fluctuations than my traditional wood humidor. Just throw in a boveda or humicare gel pack and you'll be golden! :-)

Glass Pasta jars with the rubber O-ring at the top also work great. I got an enormous one at the Christmas Tree Shop for about $4, when some sites that advertise the exact thing called a "cigar jar" sell for $10-15. It currently holds humidity perfectly. I throw all of my toro and larger sticks in there so as to not take up too much space in my other humidors.
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 03:13 PM 11-28-2012
Picked this up the other day::-)

Attached:
[Reply]
dozer 10:33 PM 12-03-2012
Great looking setup...
[Reply]
iaMkcK 02:17 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by Cville Cigar:
Picked this up the other day::-)

Attachment 12767