Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Drew Estates Acid Malta
Prospector 04:12 PM 04-01-2009
Several months back, while visiting the local B&M, I decided it was time to try a flavored cigar to see what all the fuss was about and to determine if I might like them. I picked up an Acid Malta, brought it home, and set up a separate tupperdor for storage (several BOTL recommended to not store flavored cigars with 'regular' cigars). With a recent pre-SCHIP purchase on the way, and in need of additional storage, it was time for that lone flavored occupant to go.

I have never knowingly smoked a flavored cigar before so this review represents a whole lot of inexperience on the part of this reviewer. This cigar is roughly a robusto in size and has a pigtail, which I did not initially notice, but removing the cigar from the cellophane also resulted in removing the pigtail - unintended but it did save the need for clipping. Pre-light draw left a strange sweet taste on the lips and tongue - kind of an insipid taste, really, reminiscent of antifreeze. Once lit it revealed a very mild smoke with a somewhat strange but pleasant aroma, albeit a little bitter. Unfortunately everytime it touched my lips the insipid sweet taste was renewed. Having a spittoon nearby proved useful. The cigar burned well and smoked consistently throughout its entire length, although somewhat hotter towards the finish.

In summary, I didn't really care for this cigar and probably won't be trying any more flavored cigars in the near future. However, if you're looking for a really mild cigar that tastes like antifreeze, then the Acid Malta might just be the cigar for you.:-)
[Reply]
Nabinger16 05:11 PM 04-01-2009
mmmm antifreeze flavored cigars. :-)

Now if they could couple that with a little cocoa and horseshit flavoring, it would be like an infused CC! :-)
[Reply]
Prospector 05:55 PM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by Nabinger16:
Now if they could couple that with a little cocoa and horseshit flavoring, it would be like an infused CC! :-)
Well, they do have a pretty extensive lineup :-)
[Reply]
Up