Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The Wolfman
chippewastud79 07:25 PM 10-04-2011
I can't believe it took until about noon on Friday for the list to be posted all over the internet. I have a feeling most shops that got them had their waiting list before the 'Exclusive' even knew they were the unlucky 13. :-)
[Reply]
ZachF88 10:37 PM 10-04-2011
If anyone wants to sell me a 5er, let me know! Times are tough and I can't afford a box now (also had to sell my other empty dress boxes on failbay).
[Reply]
icehog3 11:37 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
These look much better than the Face. .
Can't taste any worse. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:45 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Can't taste any worse. :-)
:-) I refused to smoke one 56 x 6 3/8. I had 1-2 or them and I kept looking at that 56 RG......No thanks I sent them off to MAW's for others who can tolerate that RG.

This time it's a 52 x 7.5, they look good...but I'd rather have a PSP2 any day :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:47 PM 10-04-2011
:-) I refused to smoke one 56 x 6 3/8. I had 1-2 or them and I kept looking at that 56 RG......No thanks I sent them off to MAW's for others who can tolerate that RG.

This time it's a 52 x 7.5, they look good...but I'd rather have a PSP2 any day :-)
Well, I smoked two of The Face for us, Bill. They sucked big time.
[Reply]
deadrise 12:15 AM 10-05-2011
never had a interest in these Halloween cigars sure seams like a lot of hype maybe I am missing out :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 12:25 AM 10-05-2011
I smoked 2 as well. I thought they were very bland. Glad they were gifts.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:26 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by deadrise:
never had a interest in these Halloween cigars sure seams like a lot of hype maybe I am missing out :-)
Hit or miss. IMHO more miss than hit.

There's 4 of them now (with this years)

Face - Tom says it's crap, I didn't smoke one
Drac - Chucked it half way, not much going on
Frank - Very good.
Wolfman - ????
[Reply]
deadrise 12:40 AM 10-05-2011
yea that's about what I have been hearing frank was not bad If I happen to see a wolfman when at Emerson Monday I might try it but I have my doubts it will be there
[Reply]
emopunker2004 12:47 AM 10-05-2011

Frank - Very good.
Wolfman - ????
Wrong Bill! You forgot the Boris!!!
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 01:07 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I have a feeling most shops that got them had their waiting list before the 'Exclusive' even knew they were the unlucky 13. :-)
Nope, there were a handful of stories of BOTLs calling a shop right after the list was posted on Friday and that is when the B&M actually found out. I bought mine from Good Karma and the owner just got back into town on Monday and he said he had no clue they were one of the chosen retailers until he got back. He jokingly complained about not getting a warning.

The Chicago shop was told by a BOTL when he called in (as it was his local shop), and the owner was so excited and asked the BOTL to get the info out on another forum right away.

I would guess the only shop that might have had a heads up was Gloucester in Boston as Pete's good friends with him.
[Reply]
Trent0341 02:38 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Wrong Bill! You forgot the Boris!!!
Actually the Boris is/was part of the Actor series. Boris refers to Boris Karloff (the stage name for William Henry Pratt) who played Frankenstein.

Interestingly he also starred in the Mummy which is supposed to be next years release.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 02:56 AM 10-05-2011
Drat!
[Reply]
Trent0341 03:30 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Drat!
lol :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 04:44 AM 10-05-2011
Face and Drac were not very good. The Frank was great. Boris was not a Monster series cigar. Let's hope the Wolfman is better.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 04:49 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Trent0341:
lol :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 05:32 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by ZachF88:
If anyone wants to sell me a 5er, let me know! Times are tough and I can't afford a box now (also had to sell my other empty dress boxes on failbay).
I have my name on a dress box, and if there is a regular available at the release party I'll pick one up to trade/share with friends here.

Ugh, not a good sign, however...

Frank - Very good.
Wolfman - ????

From the few reviews I read, the Wolfman is closer to the Frank, so I have some hopes.

Worst case, if I don't like them (hell, I still don't know what I like and almost gave up cigars the other night thanks to a bad stick), I'll move them on here or elsewhere.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:02 AM 10-05-2011
I actually liked The Face. Guess it goes to show how our palates are different. In all actuality I've liked every monster release.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:31 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I actually liked The Face. Guess it goes to show how our palates are different. In all actuality I've liked every monster release.
:-) I also liked the Face.(proof that if we all liked the same smokes there would be very few options when you visit your local B&M) I loved the Frank and in my opinion has been the best so far and thought the Boris was the second best of the releases. Yes, the Boris was not technically a Monster but they were released the same time as the Drac and distributed in the same fashion. The Drac was not spectacular but I honestly think it was rushed and still very green when it hit the shops. I got rid of most of the Dracs I had but did hold on to a few to see if they improved with age. The Drac was a bit of a fiasco year anyway with the box issues and the contest going to hell due to legal issues. The nice thing about the Monster series is even if you get a box and decide you don't like them it's not like you are going to be stuck with them. You can always turn around and sell them and I can almost guarantee there will be a line of guys gunning for them. So yes it sucks that you have to buy blindly but the market for these is so that you'll never be stuck with a box of smokes that you don't enjoy.
I am anxious to try the Wolfman as I am a big Sumatra guy so I can't wait to see how this blend smokes.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:32 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I actually liked The Face. Guess it goes to show how our palates are different..
I'm with Kevin, I enjoyed the Face a lot. Got lots of good caramely sweetness. That said, the RG was quite large and it burned the slowest I've ever had one of comprable size burn. It got a little old toward the end
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up