Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>for golfers: Heater Holder! attaches to your bag
mrreindeer 07:39 AM 12-19-2008
I just saw an ad for this thing on the elevator ride up to my office this morning. Looks pretty nifty and much better than letting your cigar roll around in the golf cart or putting it out on the greens while you hit. It attaches to your golfbag.

http://www.heaterholder.com/index.html

The Heater Holder sells for $25.

If you put 'captivate' as your discount code, they'll give you free shipping, according to the ad on the 'Captivate' network (in-elevator advertising).

I am in no way affiliated with Heater Holder. And I don't have one....yet.
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:50 AM 12-19-2008
Very cool...but for $2 I'd rather get a really strong paper clip and shape it just like that. :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:21 AM 12-19-2008
That's an expensive paper clip! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:22 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
That's an expensive paper clip! :-):-):-)
Gotta make sure it doesn't drop my seegar brother! :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 10:39 AM 12-19-2008
I like it but not for 25 bucks
[Reply]
bigloo 10:43 AM 12-19-2008
I have the golf minder (can be had for $6) and it is great! Clips on anyway and on the greens, you can stand it on end (looks like the letter A) to keep the stogie off the ground while putting. Much better then this IMHO.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:44 AM 12-19-2008
looks a little less "shiny" but these evidently work well, and won't slip off if you bump it. and you have the option of clipping it anywhere, trunk lid of your car, golf cart, etc. Half the cost.

http://www.cigarminder.com/works.htm
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:52 AM 12-19-2008
Thank you Pete; I like that a lot, especially because it can go anywhere (and holds vertically too). I know it says that the spring holds with 'light pressure'; I wonder if anyone's had problems with that... I think I'd still much rather get this for $10 over the $25 one that only attaches to a golf bag. :-):-)
[Reply]
Cigary 12:48 PM 12-19-2008
I use to use hand heaters when I lived in Kansas City, Mo. and played golf when it was in the low 40's ( why? because I was young and stupid ) and now I only play golf in fair weather with plenty of cigars and my own cooler with my own brews. I also use a cart because I'm lazy and love to run over my opposing players balls when they aren't looking ( golf balls ) and then when they see it I make them play it with no relief. Yes, I love to play pranks as much as the guys who play with me do the same.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:53 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by Cigary:
I use to use hand heaters when I lived in Kansas City, Mo. and played golf when it was in the low 40's ( why? because I was young and stupid ) and now I only play golf in fair weather with plenty of cigars and my own cooler with my own brews. I also use a cart because I'm lazy and love to run over my opposing players balls when they aren't looking ( golf balls ) and then when they see it I make them play it with no relief. Yes, I love to play pranks as much as the guys who play with me do the same.
so... uh.... to make this relevant to the OP......... where do you put your smoke?

:-) :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 12:54 PM 12-19-2008
That’s a cool looking cigar holder David, but slightly over priced. I like the portable ones that I seen around here (the ones that fold out and look like an ‘X’.)

Originally Posted by Cigary:
I also use a cart because I'm lazy and love to run over my opposing players balls when they aren't looking ( golf balls ) and then when they see it I make them play it with no relief. Yes, I love to play pranks as much as the guys who play with me do the same.
:-) I have friends that love to do the same thing. They also have inventive ways of adding up their strokes. :-)
[Reply]
Prozac_Puros 12:56 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by bigloo:
I have the golf minder (can be had for $6) and it is great! Clips on anyway and on the greens, you can stand it on end (looks like the letter A) to keep the stogie off the ground while putting. Much better then this IMHO.
Amen!! (from the choir)
[Reply]
MikeyC 01:22 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
looks a little less "shiny" but these evidently work well, and won't slip off if you bump it. and you have the option of clipping it anywhere, trunk lid of your car, golf cart, etc. Half the cost.

http://www.cigarminder.com/works.htm
I found one of these in my golf cart once. I used it for a few rounds myself before I lost it. :-)

It worked really well. I don't typically smoke small RG cigars and I never had a problem with it crushing the cigar. The only problem I did have was that the clip would often pop off the cart. I was driving one without a top and the edge I was clipping the holder onto was too thick I believe.
[Reply]
php007 01:42 PM 12-19-2008
I have two of these and work much better.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...l.asp?prod=GC1

Enjoy,
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 05:02 PM 12-19-2008
so... uh.... to make this relevant to the OP......... where do you put your smoke?

:-) :-)
hahahahahaha!! :-) (you caught that too)

way to actually check the link on that one..
[Reply]
Cigary 08:59 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
That’s a cool looking cigar holder David, but slightly over priced. I like the portable ones that I seen around here (the ones that fold out and look like an ‘X’.)

:-) I have friends that love to do the same thing. They also have inventive ways of adding up their strokes. :-)
Yes, we do and we'd playfully adjust the score according to the bet.:-)

[quote=replicant_argent;127365]so... uh.... to make this relevant to the OP......... where do you put your smoke?

I can tell ya without hesitation if we were playing opposite each other you'd be sitting on the lit cigar,,,only after it was down to the nub. That is just part of playing the game,,,you either pay attention or get 'smoked',,,,,:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:14 AM 12-20-2008
I am looking at different options for a cigar holder right now, because it would be nice to have one that works well when tailgating.

As far as golfing with cigars, I like to play with a more adult opponent.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:32 AM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by php007:
I have two of these and work much better.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...l.asp?prod=GC1

Enjoy,
Actually I have/had both...I was not to happy with that one versus the golf minder. The golf minder seems to hold the cigar better and can be clipped to more places.
[Reply]
Cigary 03:02 PM 12-20-2008
I am looking at different options for a cigar holder right now, because it would be nice to have one that works well when tailgating.

As far as golfing with cigars, I like to play with a more adult opponent.

Guess that means you'd be playing with yourself as I like to play with people who have a sense of humor. Nothing worse than playing a round of golf with someone who looks like they have a 3 wood up their a$$.:-):-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:08 PM 12-20-2008
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up