Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>computer fans for humi's
livwire68 08:58 PM 01-01-2009
Alright I have converted a closet into a humi. 9' tall 8' wide and 2' deep. I wanted a way to circulate air, so computer fan came to mind. I just got sammys old computer that andy built for him. Andy got it back and gave me for my kid. Anyhoo, my old comp was dismantled for scientific purposes and I figured I could use the fans. With a little research I was able to hook up one (the other was small and loud) Using a 120 v adapter (such as a phone charger or other device charger) to 12 volts. Just cut the ends off and do some splicing. Until I get my shelving in and a couple digital hygro's I will not know how efficient it will be, but I have no doubts! This would also work for small cabs as well. I will do some comparisons with and without fans, before and after when I get the shelving and digital hygro's in (a month or two away to recoup from the holidays). Just brought it up because it should be cheaper, stronger and controllable (extra $$ unless on a timer) than an oust fan
[Reply]
Raralith 09:27 PM 01-01-2009
FYI, better to get a 12 volt plug with the right amps from Radio Shack, splice it both ends, and voila, 12 volt fan. You could also use a 12 volt variable so you can do various speeds.
[Reply]
livwire68 09:36 PM 01-01-2009
Have a 12v fan and a 12v converter so no problems! Tested and no problems. Will put on a timer to go off every couple hours.
[Reply]
Up