Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>I have a WET BOX ready for rh needs. Do you?
TOB9595 04:26 PM 12-24-2008
What's a wet box?
I've heard of dry boxing!

Well this is my perception of a WET BOX.
It is essentially a humidor that I have ONLY humidification devices ready to boost the rh of "somewhere"

I used to use only FLORAL FOAM with a 50/50 mix of propylene glycol and distilled water.
I find these inexpensive humidifiers do the job of boosting rh when needed.
These are foam filled holders that I use 50/50 first application and then distilled water to add as needed.
Tom
[Reply]
K Baz 04:33 PM 12-24-2008
I have a wet box its a little different.

I store my cigars at about 61 % RH as such I have a wet box I put smokes in it I know I will be shipping them and also when I get packages in from long voyages (to try to get them back into a "good" RH level and for isolation purposes). My wet box sits at about 68 %.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:03 AM 12-26-2008
Interesting concept. I only have a dry box at the moment, but I do have a tupperware container with a bunch of water pillows in it.
[Reply]
Cigary 05:05 PM 12-26-2008
Yep, got one of those if it ever became necessary to beef up RH for the smokes. With the beads I have I just don't have to do that,,,but just in case I have alot of the humidifiers in a box ready to serve.
[Reply]
GoodFella 11:45 PM 12-28-2008
wow i was way off:-)

i have a dry box and some tubes of beads kicking around but thats about it.
[Reply]
Agent11br 07:45 AM 12-29-2008
I have one of these, mostly water pillows though with a puck or two
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 11:21 AM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by TOB9595:
It is essentially a humidor that I have ONLY humidification devices ready to boost the rh of "somewhere"

"somewhere" as in the state of new jersey?! :-)
[Reply]
Up