Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>ChasDen's Trays (pics)
white_s2k 05:08 PM 12-19-2008
I got in on the second round of trays offered by Chuck (ChasDen) and I just got them in today, wanted to post some pics. These things are GREAT! They came packaged very well, with each piece separately wrapped and secured. They have also given me a lot more room in the Vino. I had been using empty cigar boxes to store my singles with boxes on the bottom, and I was feeling like I was running out of room. But with the 2 double and 3 single trays in my Vino it's feeling a bit naked now! Enough talking though, here's the pics.

First some of how they came packed:

The handles for the drawers are even sent in their own envelopes lined with bubble wrap :-)

(First single tray)

(Second single tray)

(Third single tray w/ some smokes given to me by a great BOTL)

(First double tray)

(Second double tray)

[Reply]
white_s2k 05:09 PM 12-19-2008
(A picture of the boxes)

The color of the trays came out perfect!

Again, thanks to ChasDen for taking the time to make these trays and for the frequent updates during the process. :-)

Josh
[Reply]
BamBam 05:11 PM 12-19-2008
Those look really great :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 05:17 PM 12-19-2008
Did these come pre-seasoned or did you season them?

If it's dry cedar, you may consider letting them moisten up a bit so they don't dry out your cigars :-)

Can't wait to get mine in. :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 05:23 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:

If it's dry cedar, you may consider letting them moisten up a bit so they don't dry out your cigars :-)

They did not come pre-seasoned and I did not season them. I just put in a couple of saucers filled with distilled water in each drawer and will let that and Shilala's beads work their magic. I'm too impatient :-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 05:34 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:

That's a great question and I cant believe I did not think to mention it, Thanks for bringing it up. The cedar is kiln dried Spanish Cedar bought from a supplier in the the mid west. I precut the pieces (95% of them) a few weeks before I need, 12 days I think on this batch. I cut them over sized and trim them when final assembly time comes. The precut pieces are stored in my garage that maintained a RH in the high 60's. Once completed they were all wiped out with a damp clean cloth soaked with distilled water. This batch should be very close to being ready to go but it would be wise to monitor the RH in them the first few days or weeks to make sure. If its low, push the glass top back to create a gap in the front or remove it completely until they stabilize.

Thanks for the photos and review Josh

Chas
[Reply]
ChasDen 05:35 PM 12-19-2008
How did they match the furniture?

Chas
[Reply]
white_s2k 05:50 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
That's a great question and I cant believe I did not think to mention it, Thanks for bringing it up. The cedar is kiln dried Spanish Cedar bought from a supplier in the the mid west. I precut the pieces (95% of them) a few weeks before I need, 12 days I think on this batch. I cut them over sized and trim them when final assembly time comes. The precut pieces are stored in my garage that maintained a RH in the high 60's. Once completed they were all wiped out with a damp clean cloth soaked with distilled water. This batch should be very close to being ready to go but it would be wise to monitor the RH in them the first few days or weeks to make sure. If its low, push the glass top back to create a gap in the front or remove it completely until they stabilize.

Chas
Good to know, the Vino has been closed for about 3 hours now and the RH has creeped up from 40 to 49 so I'm not worried at all.

How did they match the furniture?

Chas
First thing my girlfriend said was "Wow, they're the same color as the wood on the sofa." They came out perfect. :-)

Josh
[Reply]
JE3146 06:10 PM 12-19-2008

Chas
Thanks for the info Chas. Shows the level of detail you go to for us :-)
[Reply]
G G 06:18 PM 12-19-2008
I ordered two of the doubles from Chasden on the other site. I got them and they are great. I have 24 ounces of Shilala's magic beads, and I didn't season them, and the RH was dead on at 63-65 in a very short period of time. I need to order a couple more. If you get a chance to get some of these, I can promise you will not be sorry.:-)
[Reply]
MTB996 06:49 PM 12-19-2008
Awesome stuff Chas.
[Reply]
Up