Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Z-plus insert and case
Nelson 09:08 AM 12-16-2008
Well after loosing all four of my lighters, and being a cheapo lighting up with free gas station matches, i broke down and paid a whooping 15 bucks for the Z-plus insert and a chinese made zippo replica case:-)
The thing works perfect, i got a perfectly sharp torch, great for those razor touch ups. The case is not as hefty as a zippo case would be, but it seems to be constructed nicely, it even makes that typical click sound we are all addicted to hearing. My only complaint is that it is hard to see the fuel level in the insert. A clear gas tank would make this thing perfect in every sense of the word.
Overall, I'm highly pleased with it and would recomend it to anyone.
[Reply]
Volt 09:18 AM 12-16-2008
All I use are my zippos and the z-blaze insert..... Too many fancy and not so fancy lighters work for about 3 refills and die. The Z-blaze is awesome and as you noted, I love the click. I am using a 3x refined fuel.... I need to check out teh better stuff when this can is gone.
[Reply]
BamBam 09:49 AM 12-16-2008
Buy this from Cigarmony and it will be the last lighter you ever buy. I use this thing exclusively and couldn't be more pleased.

[Reply]
Volt 09:54 AM 12-16-2008
Ahhh it may work well, but I am old (not as old as Al though) and grew up with my Zippos. Just something about them that once your into them, just can't not use one. The snick and click they may when opened and closed the heft and size..... :-)
[Reply]
Nelson 12:22 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by BamBam:
Buy this from Cigarmony and it will be the last lighter you ever buy. I use this thing exclusively and couldn't be more pleased.

I had two of those, and yes, they are the last lighter you'll ever buy until you lose them:-) The gas tank is enormous, i called them my little flame throwers:-)
[Reply]
Smoking Dragon 12:28 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by Nelson:
I had two of those, and yes, they are the last lighter you'll ever buy until you lose them:-) The gas tank is enormous, i called them my little flame throwers:-)
I was gifted one of these lighters when I was deployed to Iraq. It worked great. almost never went empty and worked with subhuman fuel that they sold in the local stores. I would highly recomend this lighter to anyone. Also has the locking feature which I use as a torch to loosen bolts on my truck.
[Reply]
Up