Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Entertainment>Avatar
tobii3 09:28 PM 01-03-2010
No sh*t it's raking in $$$$$. It costs you about $50 to go see a movie nowadays. 3D tacks on additional costs as well.

Ya gotta laugh.

Think about it. you wait a few weeks and you can watch the movie at home for what, $3.95??

You don't have to deal with ign'ant retards who talk on their cell phones, talk to the screen or talk to each other...you can PAUSE it when you need more beer (or a bathroom break)...you don't have to pay $5.25 for a 32 ounce Coke that costs you $0.99 at the gas station....a 24 pack of microwave popcorn costs you $5.00 at WalMart...versus a $9 bucket at the movies...

The way I figure, I have no need to ever set foot in a mugging ever again. I mean a movie theater.....:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:33 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by tobii3:
No sh*t it's raking in $$$$$. It costs you about $50 to go see a movie nowadays. 3D tacks on additional costs as well.

Ya gotta laugh.

Think about it. you wait a few weeks and you can watch the movie at home for what, $3.95??

You don't have to deal with ign'ant retards who talk on their cell phones, talk to the screen or talk to each other...you can PAUSE it when you need more beer (or a bathroom break)...you don't have to pay $5.25 for a 32 ounce Coke that costs you $0.99 at the gas station....a 24 pack of microwave popcorn costs you $5.00 at WalMart...versus a $9 bucket at the movies...

The way I figure, I have no need to ever set foot in a mugging ever again. I mean a movie theater.....:-)
While I may occasionally go to the movie theater (once every year or two), I couldn't agree with you more. For me, I've bolded what is MOST bothersome.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:47 PM 01-03-2010
There are certainly reasons not to go to the theater. I go for the experience. If it's a movie like Stepbrothers or something similar then I wait for DVD. But it doesn't matter how pimp your home system is, it just can't compete with a top notch theater.

I don't normally pay full price either. There are options such as matinee's, promotional days, and discounted tickets from Costco, jobs, or schools.

There are always gonna be issues with other people. We can only control ourselves and not others. This fact doesn't keep me away from a B&M where sommeone might be smoking a stinky cigarette or dog rocket next to me. To each his own though. Personally, the theater experience is worth it to me once every other month or so.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:03 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
There are certainly reasons not to go to the theater. I go for the experience. If it's a movie like Stepbrothers or something similar then I wait for DVD. But it doesn't matter how pimp your home system is, it just can't compete with a top notch theater.

I don't normally pay full price either. There are options such as matinee's, promotional days, and discounted tickets from Costco, jobs, or schools.

There are always gonna be issues with other people. We can only control ourselves and not others. This fact doesn't keep me away from a B&M where sommeone might be smoking a stinky cigarette or dog rocket next to me. To each his own though. Personally, the theater experience is worth it to me once every other month or so.
You are right, Mario. Most movies are fine for home viewing.
But I seem to always have a theater seat in front someone who insists on yakking thru the movie and/or kicking my chair.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:08 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
You are right, Mario. Most movies are fine for home viewing.
But I seem to always have a theater seat in front someone who insists on yakking thru the movie and/or kicking my chair.
I do hate when that happens Peter. Even though I'm fairly gentle at 6'4 a sharp look after a polite request usually helps things though. I don't mind quite as much for children's flicks though.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:12 PM 01-03-2010
I do hate when that happens Peter. Even though I'm fairly gentle at 6'4 a sharp look after a polite request usually helps things though. I don't mind quite as much for children's flicks though.
Once again, I agree. However, I am only 5'7 so I only have the polite request and annoyed glare to work with. As for the children's movies, I expect the chatter. It's part of the enjoyment.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:15 PM 01-03-2010
Once again, I agree. However, I am only 5'7 so I only have the polite request and annoyed glare to work with. As for the children's movies, I expect the chatter. It's part of the enjoyment.
Note to self: Find out pnoon's shoe size and send him some platforms and pepper spray for his movie nights.:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:18 PM 01-03-2010
Note to self: Find out pnoon's shoe size and send him some platforms and pepper spray for his movie nights.:-)
The platform shoes would be put to good use. Guys like you always manage to sit right in front of me. :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:27 PM 01-03-2010
The platform shoes would be put to good use. Guys like you always manage to sit right in front of me. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:33 PM 01-03-2010
I'm the type that almost never makes it to the theater. Sure, I like the experience, but I just don't have time... and generally when I do have time, no one I want to go with has time. So most of my viewing ends up being at home.

With that said, I saw Avatar last week. I'm seeing it again next week. That is a movie that will take a big hit downgrading to the small screen.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:46 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by tobii3:

Ya gotta laugh.

The one catch with waiting to see movies at home is that many of the 3D movies are not released in 3D for home. The movie "UP" would be really good to see in 3D at home.
[Reply]
bazookajoe 08:23 AM 01-04-2010
Peter, you could douse yourself with cologne and smoke a Nub right before you go in... might create a clear zone around you. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:12 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by bazookajoe:
Peter, you could douse yourself with cologne and smoke a Nub right before you go in... might create a clear zone around you. :-)
Esp. a woman's fragrance!
[Reply]
pnoon 09:15 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Esp. a woman's fragrance!
I have my own fragrance.

[Reply]
CigarNut 09:22 AM 01-04-2010
I have my own fragrance.

Apparently, it's either not strong enough or not reliable enough to give you some peace and quiet in a movie theater. Try adding some lentils, barley, or brussel sprouts to your diet :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 10:03 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Apparently, it's either not strong enough or not reliable enough to give you some peace and quiet in a movie theater. Try adding some lentils, barley, or brussel sprouts to your diet :-)
Doused in garlic!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up