Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Camacho Triple Maduro
Montano 03:43 PM 12-20-2009
A gorgeous looking cigar with a deep dark maduro wrapper. Construction was near perfect. A clip with my v-cutter and I get a small resistance from a pre-light draw. A hint of coffee is tasted. A very nice band, along with a decorative band at the foot.

Taking some advice from forum members (Kreth & T.G), as well as my previous experience with Camacho cigars, I ate a good lunch, as well as having a jelly donut and orange juice at the ready. I decided to pair this with a glass of Maker's Mark also.

It starts off with a woodsy note. This flavor continues for the duration. I'm also getting a hint of coffee. The draw is slightly tight with a decent amount of smoke coming from the draw.

The second 3rd brings about a chocolate note. This cigars is burning a bit slow and I have to keep on it so it does not go out. The draw remains a bit tight.

The final 3rd continues with the woody note mixed with chocolate again. I did not need the jelly donut or the orange juice, but the Maker's Mark did pair quite well. All in all, I enjoyed this cigar and thoroughly enjoyed the bourbon :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 03:48 PM 12-20-2009
Thanks for the review. I had one of these over the summer while on the beach in Maine and it was a really good smoke.
[Reply]
bobarian 03:59 PM 12-20-2009
One of Camacho's best, nice review and pics. :-):-)
[Reply]
baldanders 04:02 PM 12-20-2009
Great review,thanks. One of my favorite cigars.
[Reply]
rlmedic 04:04 PM 12-20-2009
I will have to add this to my list of must tries! Thanks for the review
[Reply]
strider 04:34 PM 12-20-2009
Thanks for the review. I was gonna pick one of these up at a local smoke shop (last time i was there they had one, and decided to pass that time). When I got back they where sold out. figures. Lol. As they're not a rare smoke i'm sure I'll find them around again.
[Reply]
Kreth 04:41 PM 12-20-2009
Nice review, Nick. I have one of these that Mario sent me in the NC MAW. I'll probably smoke it when we herf next month at Habana, so I can pick up a replacement. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Zanaspus 05:11 PM 12-20-2009
Nice review of a stupendous stick. :-)
[Reply]
G G 05:37 PM 12-20-2009
I have had a couple of those thanks to friends gifting them to me, and it is a great stick imo. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:54 PM 12-20-2009
Thans for the review. This stick is one of my top 5 favorites!! :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:55 PM 12-20-2009
Must say... the 6x60 is better!
[Reply]
Norcal_aaron 07:40 PM 12-20-2009
The triple Maduro was my first Camacho and I really really liked it. I need to explore the Camacho line this comiong year. Nice review!!!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:42 PM 12-20-2009
Thanks for the review and the pictures:-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:49 PM 12-20-2009
Gotta love the TM! the ?Camacho line is good.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:31 PM 12-20-2009
Another super review!!!:-)

Tight draw difficult to believe!!! It could happen!
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:51 PM 12-20-2009
Nick,

I find your reviews very informative, but if I may, please try to put the strength/body of the cigar in your reviews. I love your reviews but they would be much better if you would include the strength of the stick. Not complaining, just trying to add a bit of constructive criticism. Your reviews are on par for the most part, but would be excellent if you include the strength.

Keep up the good work,
Andy
[Reply]
gbum 01:44 AM 12-21-2009
nice review and pictures...looking forward to buy this stick...
[Reply]
Catfish 04:11 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Must say... the 6x60 is better!
Gotta luv a 6X60 maduro. :-)
[Reply]
Montano 05:27 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Nick,

I find your reviews very informative, but if I may, please try to put the strength/body of the cigar in your reviews. I love your reviews but they would be much better if you would include the strength of the stick. Not complaining, just trying to add a bit of constructive criticism. Your reviews are on par for the most part, but would be excellent if you include the strength.

Keep up the good work,
Andy
Thanks Andy, I will make it a point to include strength from now on. :-)
And I'm always open to suggestions :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:22 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by Montano:
Thanks Andy, I will make it a point to include strength from now on. :-)
And I'm always open to suggestions :-)
Excellent review, and an excellent cigar.
Andy made a great point. This is one of those cigars that lies in the full body, full strength range, and those are hard to find. It's a real short list.
Those are the ones I enjoy the most, this being one of them. :-)
Why I have never bought a box is beyond me. I just never seem to getting around to smoking them, and I love them. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up