Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>This calls for a cigar
RHerrington 05:07 PM 09-05-2012
I'm pretty curious - what activities for you, fellow BOTL's, absolutely calls for a good cigar? What do you normally find yourself doing when you are enjoying a stick? What is it that you can't imagine doing without a cigar?

For me, I always find myself reading. After a long day at work, nothing could make my day more enjoyable than to end it sitting on my balcony looking over the woods behind my apartment with a book in one hand and a good cigar in the other..

Case in point - just now I had a Pinar del Rio Reserva Limitada while reading Mansfield Park, and tomorrow will most likely end the same way with whatever cigar looks tasty as I dig through my coolidor.

So, what is it for you guys?
[Reply]
longknocker 05:10 PM 09-05-2012
For Me, Any Time I Have An Hour Or So To Relax, Especially After A Tough Day At Work!:-) I Usually Listen To Music & Have A Cold Beverage With My Cigar.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:13 PM 09-05-2012
Any time I need to "recharge and relax", a stick always seems to do it for me. On that same note...I so much prefer to enjoy them with good friends...always makes the stick so much more enjoyable. :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 05:35 PM 09-05-2012
Every afternoon after a long day of work
[Reply]
Kevin(n)tn 05:38 PM 09-05-2012
I agree. Just anytime I have time to sit back relax. Nothing beats some quiet time on the patio with a book,beer and good smoke.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:09 PM 09-05-2012
After a long day of work = cigar + music + beverage + back deck
[Reply]
markem 06:15 PM 09-05-2012
Usually, I grab the kindle (working through Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series) and head out back where I sit here:

and scratch these ears

love your spot as well. Most relaxing.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 06:19 PM 09-05-2012
I find myself smoking, drinking & relaxing... :-)
[Reply]
RHerrington 06:20 PM 09-05-2012
Very nice spot you have there, Mark. I can't wait to have a place of my own so I can put together something half as relaxing as yours looks. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:53 PM 09-05-2012
Relax...recharge...unwind. Three reasons already stated that are huge for me.

Also, if I am home watching a sporting event of interest, I usually burn a couple as well.

And herfs? Don't get me started.... :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 06:56 PM 09-05-2012
It's great you can have that moment of time. Enjoy it brother.
[Reply]
markem 06:57 PM 09-05-2012
Originally Posted by RHerrington:
Very nice spot you have there, Mark. I can't wait to have a place of my own so I can put together something half as relaxing as yours looks. :-)
Hope you get it, Rick, and that you post pictures when you do.
[Reply]
EricF 06:57 PM 09-05-2012
Chillin' after work, watching football, a good movie and of course herfin' with friends!!
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:11 PM 09-05-2012
Golf and a cigar. Couldn't imagine a game without one or two.
Football season as well, whether in the sunroom or the garage, I need a smoke to calm me down. :-)

And whenever Todd calls....:-)
[Reply]
Taki 08:21 PM 09-05-2012
Hanging with all the boys from the neighborhood...Shane, Dennis, and Ken! Great times with great friends :-)
[Reply]
dvickery 08:30 PM 09-05-2012
interesting that there are a few who smoke and read.

i cannot smoke and read...even tho i probably read 25 hours a week and watch tv 5 hours a week...my favorite cigar activity is to smoke while watching hockey(mind you only the oilers games).

derrek
[Reply]
Zanaspus 09:49 PM 09-05-2012
I am reminded of a classic Champagne quotation:

"I only drink Champagne when I'm happy, and when I'm sad. sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. when I have company, I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I am not hungry and drink it when I am. otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty"
Lily Bollinger

Substitute cigar smoking where necessary. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:55 PM 09-05-2012
Originally Posted by dvickery:
interesting that there are a few who smoke and read.

i cannot smoke and read...even tho i probably read 25 hours a week and watch tv 5 hours a week...my favorite cigar activity is to smoke while watching hockey(mind you only the oilers games).

derrek
Blackhawks games might make those cigars even sweeter, Derrek. :-) :-)
[Reply]
jluck 11:25 PM 09-05-2012
I either sit at my picnic table or if the spine forbids I wander around my property looking at all things of interest....deer and elk sign, mushrooms,rabbits,birds,cows,fish etc. It is very relaxing for me.

Things that demand it...Sitting around a campfire.
[Reply]
Remo 12:10 AM 09-06-2012
This

Attached:
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up