Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Buffalo Wild Wings
flybum62 11:23 AM 12-18-2010
Went to meet a friend for dinner at BWW last night. We sat in the smoking area-bar-ate, and lit up a Montecristo Platinum, likewise my friend. We were sitting there enoying ourselves, went the mgr. asked us to put them OUT, I thought it was a joke, but he said that several of the "regulars" were complaining about the smell. We tried talking to him, but waere told the cops would be called if we didnt extingush them. We didn't, we left and vowed NEVER to eat there again. Needless to say, there was more cigarette smoke than cigar smoke.:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:25 AM 12-18-2010
Such a double standard, it's either smoking or not. I would refuse to eat there as well and I do love BWW.
[Reply]
Ogre 11:26 AM 12-18-2010
Guess they will be marked off of my list of places to eat.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 11:35 AM 12-18-2010
I try to avoid the chain restaurants as much as possible, so thanks for another reason to stay away from this one.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:23 PM 12-18-2010
Personally I have never had a problem with a Buffalo Wild Wings and smoking cigars. My guess is someone who didn't want to sit in the smoking section to begin with was complaining and the manager thought them to be 'more important customers' than you. I have even gotten more inquiries into what I was smoking than complaints. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:08 PM 12-18-2010
We don't have that problem at BW3 here... of course, here, the nannies have outlawed smoking in ALL indoor places.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 01:12 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
We don't have that problem at BW3 here... of course, here, the nannies have outlawed smoking in ALL indoor places.
same here. but 90% of the time i just call ahead and take it home.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:12 PM 12-18-2010
My uncle owns a bar in NC and once (before the ban) a patron with a cigarette in her mouth came up to him while he was smoking a cigar, not knowing he was the owner, and told him to take it somewhere else because he was stinking up the place. He kicked her out :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:16 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by flybum62:
We tried talking to him, but waere told the cops would be called if we didnt extingush them.
Wonder how that would have gone done--that would have been an interesting scene.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:22 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
My uncle owns a bar in NC and once (before the ban) a patron with a cigarette in her mouth came up to him while he was smoking a cigar, not knowing he was the owner, and told him to take it somewhere else because he was stinking up the place. He kicked her out :-)
That's full of awesome.
[Reply]
T.G 01:26 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
[Reply]
Whee 01:51 PM 12-18-2010
I think this is indicitive of the individual location and not the chain.

I have smoked at the BW3s in NE Indy with no issues.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:07 PM 12-18-2010
I knew there was a reason why I have never eaten there. :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 02:17 PM 12-18-2010
i am still trying to figure out how one becomes a regular at BWW????
[Reply]
jsnake 02:21 PM 12-18-2010
Do cigarette smokers not smell their own stench? Cigars and pipes have a wonderful aroma where you have never heard anyone in your life say damn that cigarette smells good. F*** BWW. My wife and I were talking about going there for dinner actually but I will never step foot on their property again.
[Reply]
thebayratt 02:26 PM 12-18-2010
I refuse to eat at BWW anyhow.

An hour an a half for 8 wings at lunch time... my boss got mad @ me bc it tooke them 45 mins to cook 8 wings.

I hate double standards like that.

Write a letter to their corporate office. See what they have to say.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:30 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
:-) Certainly not a company-wide policy. Likely a case of an over-zealous manager being a jerk to apease some assholes. :-)
[Reply]
forgop 02:30 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:

I have smoked at the BW3s in NE Indy with no issues.
Yeah, I've smoked at the Castleton BW3's with no issues at all as well.
[Reply]
Whee 02:34 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
Yeah, I've smoked at the Castleton BW3's with no issues at all as well.
That's the one...:-)
[Reply]
Ol' Times Cigars 02:42 PM 12-18-2010
Be glad you still get to smoke indoors. It's funny reading these stories and thinking back to when we could actually do it here. I barely remember it in restaurants. We can still smoke in bars but I have been to a few popular ones around Central Florida and while standing in a cloud of cigarette smoke, have been asked not to light my cigar because cigar smoking wasn't allowed. Its been the big, "it" bars more so than the small ones with owners who appreciate the business you are giving them.

I like the food at BWW however the ones in my area have terribly long waits for service and or food so I don't frequent them to often.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up